Pregnant after IF
Options

Pharmacy mess up; how long were you on crinone?

So, my RE prescribed me Corinne 8% to take from about 2 days after the trigger shot. When I graduated from my RE, he said to take it until the end of the first trimester. When I went to my first prenatal appointment, my OB started to say when she would stop me but then cut herself off and asked if my RE stated when I should stop. I told her and explained to her I only had enough to get me through 11 weeks (my last suppository will be used this Saturday when I will have turned 11 weeks), so she called in a prescription to Walmart (my request; I heard it was cheaper than CVS, which is who I had been using). She called this in last Thursday and I still never received a phone call. Life was crazy this week, so I just now was able to run by Walmart to pick up my prescription (I just assumed WalMart must not call when Rxs are ready). Anyway, I was informed that they did not have it in stock and did not order it since it was so expensive and they figured I wouldn't want it since it isn't covered by my insurance. I cannot believe it! Why wouldn't they have called me and asked? I used Walmart for my prescriptions a while back, and they definitely have my phone number! Anyways, it won't be in stock until Monday after 1:00 pm, which means I would need on from Sunday and Monday morning. It's possible CVS may still have it in stock, but I have no way of knowing since all the pharmacies around me were closed by the time I finished dealing with Walmart.

I have sent my OB a message to explain the situation and see if they have any samples I can use to tie me over.  I was also wondering if I'm far along enough that I no longer need to take them or that I could substitute with the leftover prometrium I have from prior cycles.  If you took Corinne, when did you stop taking it?
Married to DH 10/6/12
TTC since 5/14
Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"

Re: Pharmacy mess up; how long were you on crinone?

• Options
    My RE had me stop Crinone once I hit 9 weeks. She didn't give me a reason why she wanted me to stop then, she just save me a stop date so I went with it. I got all of my IF drugs from a specialty IF pharmacy and was lucky to have it be located in state so in case of emergency, I could actually drive there to pick up meds. I wonder if you can call your RE or OB and find out if you can get your Crinone overnighted from a specialty IF pharmacy? Or find out if there is one near you?
  • Options
    My RE had me stop after 2 weeks. But my levels were just a tad low and caught up quickly. I don't think it's a big deal if you miss one dose while waiting for it to come in.

ME: 35 DH: 39

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

DH:Azoospermia...Thank God we have 12 vials of frozen swimmers

July 15-Check to see if Ute is all healed

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

IUI #2 9/5/15...BFP on 9/17/15

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

1st u/s 8/8/15 1 bean HB 135 @ 6w5d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is such a headache.I found a pharmacy with 15 in stock. My OB did the prescription for 30 because Walmart apparently only does prescriptions at 30 applicator intervals. I only need 15 and this stuff is crazy expensive. With my manufacturer coupon, it's $247 at CVS for 15 applicators. Apparently, I was getting ripped off because it's $244 at Walmart for 30! I'm waiting to see if my dr can call in a script for 15 to CVS (who has it in stock) but the nurse thinks I'll just need to get my script for 30 transferred between pharmacies. We can technically afford it, but I really don't want to waste an extra $247 on applicators I'll never use! Especially because I doubt I REALLY need to keep taking them at this point. Yes, I'd enjoy the added reassurance, but I'm so drained of spending so much money on "fertility" medications. Thanks for the vent session! I can't wait until my nurse calls me back!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• Options
    What a headache.  I do not have experience with these meds, but can you call your RE and get her/his thoughts about whether to stop?  Or maybe they have a few samples to hold you over, if your OB does not have samples?
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Options
    @BrightenMySky That's a good idea. It certainly wouldn't hurt to try. I'll wait an hour or two to see if my OB calls then contact my RE if not.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Options
    Did you have your progesterone tested at any point?  Just curious if it was good .. that could maybe guide you as well.  It seems like every RE has a different stop point, which leads me to believe there's no one right answer.  I'm sure I'd be pursuing getting enough to finish off the first tri too, but in reality, you're probably fine!  :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :)