Multiples
Options

6week old twins..do they eat faster?

Hi all
Just wondering if you noticed your twins ate a little faster as they grew. My guys are bfed and 6 weeks old and instead of nursing for 30-40 mins..they will do it for like 10-20 mins. Is this normal?

Re: 6week old twins..do they eat faster?

• Options
    Yes! My boys got much faster at eating as they got older. It was a gradual improvement, and by 3 months it was much, much faster. Now they eat within 5-10 minutes max. It's wonderful. :)

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!

• Options
    Ah you all are giving me hope that I won't just constantly be nursing!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @camusoh2011 how old are your twins? Mine are 6 weeks old now and nursing has been so much easier and better for all of us...by weeks 3 I was ready to give up but now I am so happy i stuck with it. In the last 48 hours that have been EBFing...no formula! That is a big accomplishment for us!!
  • Options
    GoodSuri said:
    @camusoh2011 how old are your twins? Mine are 6 weeks old now and nursing has been so much easier and better for all of us...by weeks 3 I was ready to give up but now I am so happy i stuck with it. In the last 48 hours that have been EBFing...no formula! That is a big accomplishment for us!!
    They are being born tomorrow! I've been nervous about the daunting task of nursing two especially right after a c-section, but you are all giving me faith!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had a planned c-section with my twin girls and breastfed them right after! It was tough getting used to it, but within a day we had our rhythm going. My girls actually took an hour to eat, then were hungry an hour later. I was just a milk machine. Now they eat anywhere from 10-20 minutes and eat every 3 hours. Mine took a while, but about 4 months is when it just clicked and they cut their feeding time in half. It may take a while, but stick with it. It's completely worth it.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker