Infertility

TWW - Beta week of 1/11

I had my 3rd iui last week and now it's the TWW until 1/11. Anyone else testing that week? I can't think of anything else but that. DH's birthday is also coming up in a week and all I can think about is what an amazing gift it would be for him. Trying to stay positive but all the previous BFNs are making it difficult. FX!
***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
TTC - since 2014
7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
IVF #1 - March 2016
Retrieval #1 - April 2016
FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
Trying for baby #2...
FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
Trying for baby #3...
FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

Re: TWW - Beta week of 1/11

• @Tulips29 good luck this cycle! I will be testing the end of the same week. This will be my second IUI and I am trying to stay positive and optimistic. FX for you and I hope the TWW is quick for you!
    Happy New Year!
    Me: 29 DH: 44
    DX: PCOS
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    IVF #1, Feb 2017 - 22 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 14 Day-5 blasts to freeze
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • @Mando15 thank you! Good luck to you as well and FX for a BFP for you this cycle. Happy new year! :smile:

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Loading the player...
  • Is no one else in their TWW until week of 1/11?

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• You have to remember that a lot of clinics close around Christmas through new years. Ivf transfers are rare around that time. Fx for you!
  • @Tulips29 I am exactly where you are at! I will be testing on the 11th also. Have you been having stomach cramps on and off starting yesterday?
  • @Jlowen2 I've been having cramps on and off since the iui. Didn't have that before. Of course I'm thinking can this be a sign? It's driving me crazy that it's only been a week and I'm so tempted to test!

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Piperella that is true. I've been seeing so many posts on other threads for earlier testing dates so was curious why there's so little activity here.

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 I heard it could be a sign. I even forget about it and try to do other things and I start cramping super bad. I don't get cramps from AF until a couple hours before it hits so I'm really curious. Hopefully it's implantation cramps for the both of us! FX and GL! I'll probably test from Monday through Friday and hopefully see a BFP!
  • @Jlowen2 good luck! FX for you to see a BFP. I will try to hold out until next Saturday. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• I am really bad when it come to pregnancy tests! Went to walmart today and decided to buy some to start testing on Monday. But when I got home I couldn't help myself! I took the test and I actually got this very faint BFP! I'm not trying to get too excited over it since I took a Hcg shot last Saturday but it's nice to finally see two lines even if it's fake.
  • Tulips29 I test on 1/13.  I have had cramps since I started Letrozole.  They have significantly increased and not let up since my IUI on 12/30.  I get them on the left side.  Are yours on a particular side?  Good luck to all!!
    HSG 12/4
    #1: First IUI on 12/30 - Letrozole + Menapur + Ovidrel BFN- hormone producing cyst
    #2: Second IUI- unmedicated w/ Ovidrel only on 1/19. TWW (on Estrace for thin lining and Prometrium for lower progesterone. BFN
    #3: 3rd IUI 2/16 & 2/17 back-to-back IUIs- Femara + Gonal-F + Ovidrel (5 mature follicles but lower donor sperm count)
  • @Tulips29 I test on the 12th. Same day as my husband's birthday. This is my 4th IUI but the first with Ganal-F and Clomid. I unfortunately am not too optimistic because he had a low count for us to work with which was very heartbreaking. We have never had that issue before. Still hoping for that magical one. FX to everyone!!!
  • I also test on the 11th. I had my first FET on the 1st Jan. No symptoms, not feeling different at all, just very sleepy (which might be the over eating from Christmas!). FX to us all! 
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• @Jlowen2 that's so exciting! I hope and pray that it's not a false positive for you. I can't even imagine what seeing two faint lines would feel like lol. 

@MurphyGrace I've never been on Letrozole, but I was on Gonal-F and am now taking progesterone suppositories. I've had cramps on and off, first few days after iui, but those I heard are expected. Then the last 2 days I've had cramps at night when I go to sleep. They aren't on any particular side, just feel like strong menstrual cramps. I'm holding on to hope that it's implantation cramps, but who knows. GL to you with this cycle! 

@mbholl82 what a great gift that would be for hubby's birthday! My DH's birthday is coming up next week so I'm also thinking this would be the best gift ever to him. Don't be discouraged by the low count. As my RE says, it only takes 1 good swimmer to make it to the finish line :wink: . Good luck! 

@flanners1 GL to you and FX this cycle will be your cycle! I'm also in a food coma from the holidays. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Is there anyone else that will be testing this coming up week?
  • @Jlowen2 did you test again after your initial bfp? I had a mini breakdown last night and not feeling very optimistic. Hoping to see some bfp's from others on here though! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 did you manage to resist the testing so far? Are you going to wait until your date, or test anyway earlier? I am going to test tomorrow for the first time, Beta is on Monday but given I had FET there shouldn't be trace of trigger shot. 

@Jlowen2 hope your BFP stayed! Wow, that would be soo cool. We all really would love to hear of a BFP.

Not sure how you are all doing, but I'm a nervous wreck. It's been a real rollercoaster of a week. Tears, anxiousness, pains, grrr... It's just torture. The meds are of course not helping either. I've had some period style cramps this week, then I got ovary pains on my left ovary yesterday for the whole day and night and today I feel totally normal again. 

How is everyone else doing? Wishing you all lots of FX 
    Trying for nr 2

• @flanners1 I gave in and tested yesterday morning. It was DH's birthday and I really wanted to give him the best present ever with the good news. Unfortunately got a BFN. He keeps telling me to stop testing and wait until Monday and the blood test, but I'm pretty sure I'm out for this month. Such a bummer. I feel ya on the emotional roller coaster. I've been feeling the same way.

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Hello ladies,
    Can I join this group? I am 6dpiui and will be testing the end of next week, probably Thursday.
    Hope to see lots of BFPs next week!
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • Has anyone have any spotting yet? I just started spotting today and since I have pcos, AF doesn't come around for another 3 months. Could it be implantation bleeding?
  • @Jlowen2 If I remember correctly, you did IUI and you are on progesterone suppositories, right ? If you are medicated and you know that you ovulated, it means that you will have AF unless you are pregnant. When you have PCOS and you get your period once in every few months, it means that you do not ovulate on your own and this is why it takes months to see AF coming. But this month (because of the medication) you ovulated so you have to have your AF. I think spotting is common if you are on progesterone suppositories. It could be implantation or start of AF. GL and FX for you!!!
  • @ZoeFer thanks for the update! I wasn't sure how that worked. And I did have an IUI and I'm taking progesterone. Hopefully it is implantation!!!
  • @Jlowen2 FX that it is implantation ! When is your beta scheduled ? 
    GL to all the ladies who are testing !!!
  • @ZoeFer it's not scheduled yet since they want me to test on Monday first and get my results. It'll probably be Tuesday. So far, I've only had that one spotting and that's it. I keep wiping to make sure it won't come back and so far nothing. Stay away AF!!!
  • I still haven't gotten AF yet and no spotting all day. I have minor cramping but not as bad like yesterday. I'm so confused if it's implantation or AF! I tested this morning and I think I saw a very faint line. I'll test again Monday so hopefully it is true!
  • Hi ladies, I guess given I am in Asia and a few hours ahead of you, I am the first to have done my Beta today. Unfortunately it was a BFN. Gutted. I had done some HPT and they had come out BFN as well, but I guess one hopes 'til the bitter end. Off to the next round and waiting for AF now. Hoping you ladies are more lucky. Lots of FX to all - I'll hopefully be reading about some BFPs xx
    Trying for nr 2

• @flanners1 I'm so sorry about your BFN :disappointed:

@Jlowen2 a faint line is a great sign! GL with today's test!

I am on my way for my beta now. Not expecting much since yesterday's hpt was negative. I'm bummed but I know my emotions will really kick in when I get that call later today.

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 I am sorry but maybe the beta test will pick something up the HPT didn't. FX to you.

@Jlowen2 that sounds promising. Hope you get some good news today with your test.

I am testing tomorrow. This is the first month I wasn't tempted to test early but I am really not holding on to much hope with the low count we had. I am kind of sick of the disappointment month after month. I think my RE will do one more IUI after this and then look in to other options. Not sure what that really entails, either different meds or IVF which I am not sure we'll be able to afford. Time will tell. GL to anyone else testing later this week.
  • I test on Friday the 15th. Last Friday the 8th I had progesterone level of 16.8. This is my 2nd iui on 7.5 mg of fermera.
  • Just got the dreadful call, I'm out once again. They typically tell me next steps to stop taking progesterone and wait for AF to call them back. This time the nurse quietly said "maybe you should consider talking to the RE about IVF as your next step" since this was a 3rd failed IUI. I have 2 other appointments this & next week to meet with other RE's for second opinions before I proceed. Sucks! 

GL to everyone else testing this week. Hoping others have better luck this month! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 so sorry for the BFN. I hope your next couple appoints with the REs go well and come up with a plan of action that works.

@tiffavis12 I test this Friday and am also on my second IUI and 7.5mg of Femara. We added follistim as well this round. Ended up with a couple decent follicles but DH's post wash was only 8mil so I am being cautiously hopeful. I wish my clinic did mid TWW progesterone checks. I have no idea what my levels are. How are you feeling? Good luck the rest of the week and I hope we both get good news on Friday! :)
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • This morning, I was actually testing faint positive on 3 different brands of tests but I went in for my blood test and I'm out of this one also :( this is my first IUI and thought it would of been the only one.

I am so sorry for those who also got a bfn. I decided to not do a next round but instead get healthy and buy natural stuff that can hopefully help. The iui treatment really drained me...
  • @mando15 thank you! I'll be back once I figure out my plan of action. 

@jlowen2 I'm so sorry for your bfn...did the RE have any explanation for the positives you've gotten? Don't lose hope! It's hard but I keep holding on to hope that the process will work out. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 All they said was the trigger shot. They put me on the most amount which is 10,000 and I guess since it was my first time doing it, I got all of the major side effects with it. I definitely won't be giving up, I think about all of those other women that have been trying way longer than I have and are still going. I guess since it's the first actual treatment, I really had my hopes up.

GL to everyone in the next round!
  • Today was test day for me and to my surprise I got a BFP! I was so excited I couldn't eat. Today is my husband's birthday so it was nice to show him the test this morning. Waiting on my RE doctor to call to come in for the bloodwork to confirm. A little nervous because our first IUI we ended up with a chemical pregnancy and that was very hard for me. Hoping this is the real deal.

Sorry for all the BFN this month. I can understand the frustration. I hope everyone keeps the hope and gets their BFP soon.

Anyone still testing this week, good luck to you!
  • @mbholl82 congratulations, that's so exciting! Keep us posted on the progress. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 thank you very much.

I just got my call back, level is at 267 which the nurse said that is very good. Go back Friday to make sure it's going up. Still have to be on estrogen and progesterone but I'll take anything to keep this real. Trying so hard not to get too excited just yet, a lot can happen.

I hope this doesn't come across as too cheese but for everyone dealing with this I know how hard it it. We have been trying for over a year and a half. I know to some that doesn't seem very long and others have endured this much longer, but if you can please don't lose the hope. Everyone is due for their happy ending. Hopefully that will come soon. Good luck to everyone either still on their TWW or trying another round of fertility treatments. Hang in there.
  • @Mando15 I haven't been feeling to different the last couple of days crampy so we'll see this afternoon. Praying for good results for us.
  • @tiffavis12 good luck to you today! I got a BFN on my hpt. Wish I had waited until tomorrow to test so I didn't have to go to work.
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • @Mando15 My blood shows positive at 12 hcg. My doctors are cautiously optimistic. My progesterone dropped from 16 to 12 so I'm going on an oil shot and another blood draw Tuesday. I think I implanted late hpt wed was negative today very light line. I'm 13 days past IUI. My first positive after 3 years but only 6 months with fertility