Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

BLW 17-18 month old

I want to try BLW my EBF soon to be 18 month old. Anyone just starting to do this? Trying to get into the BLW group on here but I haven't been accepted yet. Any suggestions or tips? She does drink water and juice on her own in a sippy & will eat Cheerios, and rice and lima/red beans

Re: BLW 17-18 month old

• Whoa wtf? You don't give your baby food? Like PP said, it's just feeding at this point. Does your pediatrician know you don't give meals? This is super strange.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, what they said ^^. just give your kiddo the same food you're eating! She should be fine! (I do still cut up my daughter's meat, but she's only got 10teeth.)
  • https://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/toddler/nutrition/Pages/Serving-Sizes-for-Toddlers.aspx

I don't specifically follow this, but it's a good place to start on portion sizing for a toddler.
  • jmack210 said:
    I want to try BLW my EBF soon to be 18 month old. Anyone just starting to do this? Trying to get into the BLW group on here but I haven't been accepted yet. Any suggestions or tips? She does drink water and juice on her own in a sippy & will eat Cheerios, and rice and lima/red beans

OP are you going to come back???
  • Usually if people are doing blw they have done research about it. The original post is very strange.

Do you mean that your baby eats pureed plus those few foods?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Woah. Seriously?  :/
    Start feeding that kiddo STAT...EBF at this point just means "exclusively giving breast milk and not WCM...as a beverage with breakfast, lunch and dinner." Most nutrients should be coming from food at this point and not BM. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17