LGBT Parenting

New to Discussion Board

My name is Christina. My wife Katie and I have been married for almost 5 years.  We decided to start a family in 2015 and do Reciprocal IVF (Reciprocal IVF is where one woman does IVF and fertilizes her eggs in a dish, then places one of the embryos inside another woman).  We both wanted to be a part of the process.  However, things didn’t go as planned and our first IVF cycle failed (although we are both young and it was unexpected).  We then had to do it again.  The process is very expensive but we were lucky it worked on the second time.  Katie is now 24 weeks pregnant with a baby that was conceived using my eggs and a donor’s sperm.  Our daughter Kennedy Lynn is due April 28th.  I am happy to share our story with anyone and support those going through the same thing.  Other TTC couples helped me stay strong in this process.  We created a blog and Instagram to share our story.  You can search: babybaileymamadrama on Instagram to find our account and there is a link to our blog.  Anyone on here go through a similar thing? Other TTC couples helped me stay strong in this process.  We created a blog and Instagram to share our story.  You can search: babybaileymamadrama on Instagram to find our account and there is a link to our blog.  Anyone on here go through a similar thing?

Re: New to Discussion Board

• Hello and welcome  :) Things have been quiet on this board recently but we'd love to hear the latest news as your journey continues.
  • Hi! Congratulations! My wife and I have a .5 week old baby. We conceived via insemination at home using a known donor. Iwill definitely check out your blog as my wife and talked about doing what you did for our 2nd baby. The problem is that I hate needles and I understand theres many Injections even for the woman whos carrying? Anyways welcome! This board is pretty quiet but I keep checking to see if it picks up.
  • Loading the player...
  • @katiejayeb we are doing reciprocal ivf right now! I will carry and my wife will donate. Our retrieval will be around Feb 5 and we are going to try a fresh transfer if the timing works. Congrats on the baby coming soon!

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi, @katiejayeb

Welcome and congratulations! You and your wife must be so excited for your daughter's arrival!

My wife and I are currently TTC. Next week will be our first try at IUI, and she plans to carry. We're trying to not get our hopes up too much, but it took us so long to finally decide that the time was right for us to start a family (also married five years, together for ten) that it's literally all we can think about right now.

I can't wait to check out your blog - I love hearing about others' stories! I'm really glad things look to be slowly picking up around here, too!