July 2016 Moms
Options

Beginning to think morning sickness is going to last forever...

I'm 13 1/2 weeks. Morning sickness should be dying down by now, right? This is miserable. 

Re: Beginning to think morning sickness is going to last forever...

• Options
    Ehh, "they" say that it gets better during 2nd tri. I don't believe it. I threw up every day until DD was born at 41w 10d. I've just prepared myself for that this time around.
  • Options
    Sometimes it lasts the whole time :(
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds terrible, @MDmomma1217

I don't remember it lasting this long last time, but I guess this is way better than 41 weeks of it. 
  • Options
    @feenstas I think some people are just more sensitive to the hormonal changes. I have a coworker who had really bad MS with both of her pregnancies as well.
  • Options
    It might, I also threw up until the day my daughter was born, at 40w 2d, the morning after she was born it was gone! It was the greatest feeling ever. And sometimes it just lasts until 16 weeks... My OB said this time frame is more likely than stopping at 12 weeks.
  • Options
    I'm 13-6 and I'm still nauseas too... Blah!
  • Options
    I've been slacking on my diclegis and my morning sickness comes back full force. Yay!
  • Options

I've been slacking on my diclegis and my morning sickness comes back full force. Yay!

I have sample bottles of it everywhere - plus my normal prescription. I can't human without it.
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Me too. My mother keeps telling me it will go away but I keep puking every day and feeling like garbage!
  • Options
    I dry heaved my whole last pregnancy but didn't throw up past 12 weeks. Hoping the same this time. DH was always worried I was going to throw up on him with my dry heaving.
  • Options
    Just when I finally stop throwing up for two days I have the absolute worst back pain. I did work out yesterday the first big run in awhile but it feels like cramping and the pain makes me feel sick ugh it's a vicious cycle. I'm trying to remain calm since it feels like cramping and remind myself I have zero spotting and sore muscles can tense feeling like cramps going to try an aromatherapy bath I just want my unisom to kick in so I don't puke from pain!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    My 1st pregnancy I was so excited when 12 weeks hit because I thought that it was the magical number where I would feel better. Joke was on me, I was sick until almost 18 weeks. I am preparing myself for 18 weeks this time. 
  • Options
    Mine has definitely died down a lot. From 6-12 weeks I was throwing up all the time. I was in the hospital 1-2 a week for dehydration. I'm 13 weeks now and I'll still throw up sometimes but at this point I'll take that any day over what I had.
  • Options
    I threw up the whole time with DS so I'm planning on it this time too. I'm pretty sure I have hyperemesis gravidarum.
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    It might last your whole pregnancy. I think *most* people's morning sickness ends once you leave first trimester. Mine lasted well into the second trimester, unfortunately. Hope yours ends soon!
  • Options
    Omg there is no hope!!! 12 weeks and still sick. I don't know how I'm going to go back to teaching next week
  • Options
    2 days felt great and than puked again today 3 times ugh!

• Options
    My Diclegis runs out today and my insurance won't cover more. :-1: I'm so hoping it just magically goes away tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @feenstas seriously? That is awful! You can always try doing the unisom and b6!!
  • Options
    That's the plan if I start feeling terrible tomorrow. We move next week so I can't be getting sick all the time! 
  • Options
    I have HG so I've basically given up all hope of ever feeling good for the next 6 months.
  • Options
    msuzannah said:

I have HG so I've basically given up all hope of ever feeling good for the next 6 months.

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that! How have you been this week?

• Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 throwing up has become a normal routine at this point. I eat what comes up nicely and try to take my medication on time. I said I'd do whatever it takes to have a healthy baby... Famous last words!!
  • Options
    msuzannah said:

@Lindsayleigh1989 throwing up has become a normal routine at this point. I eat what comes up nicely and try to take my medication on time. I said I'd do whatever it takes to have a healthy baby... Famous last words!!

Welp totally puked after reading that ;)

• Options
    I feel for you @msuzannah I had HG last time around.when they say every pregnancy is different, I am really hoping that's the case.
  • Options
    feenstas said:

I'm 13 1/2 weeks. Morning sickness should be dying down by now, right? This is miserable. 

i try to go to sleep early because i start off ok and then my day goes slowly to hell ... i haven't actually thrown up but i FEEL like i'm going to ... a few nights ago when i couldn't fall asleep and i felt like the world was just one big rocking boat, i yelled at my husband "i'm broken and i'll never feel normal again and it is all your fault!" ... not my finest moment ;)
  • Options
    @littlegreybunny I said something very similar to my dh today too haha!

• Options
    I would throw up everyday from week six to week nine.... Then it stopped... I thought it was over for me and was too excited that I wasn't with the batch if moms that continue feeling sick... Since then I've had just heaving when I would brush my teeth. I'm at week 12+1... Currently Laying in bed feeling weird on every side of my body, except left.. Leaned over to my right side and spewed like the poltergeist 6 times in a row... All I could say was Thank God the garbage can was still bed side....!!!
  • Options
    It went away with DS at 16 weeks, went away with DD at 10 and I'm 13 weeks now. I've been taking Diclegis this time, so I don't know how sick I'd be without it.
  • Options

@littlegreybunny I said something very similar to my dh today too haha!

I told DH once that if this is how it feels to be pregnant we're only having one f-ing kid. :neutral: not my best moment
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh every time I have 3 episodes of vomiting in a row or it comes out of my nose I tell my husband that this will be an only child so I hope it's a boy lol. Not my finest moment but I'm sure it will happen again this week lol.
  • Options
    @cpocks I don't know how I'm going back to teaching next week either...ugh so tired and sick all the time!
  • Options
    I'm vacillating between feeling constantly starving and feeling like I'm going to puke/actually puking. If I don't eat all the time I feel worse, but my stomach is being extremely picky about what foods it will accept. I just got halfway through a chicken biscuit before it turned on me. 14 weeks today, I really hope there's an end in sight.

• Options
    I'm 15.5 weeks now and the all-day nausea is pretty much gone. I still puke 2-3 times most mornings but after I eat, I'm fine. FINALLY. 
  • Options
    I had not puked since around the 1st of January, and I thought I was in the clear. I was so excited, considering I was practically bed ridden for my first trimester. Yesterday and today I have puked 3 times, and it makes me so sad. In addition DH took that time to tell me how exhausted he's been cleaning and cooking all the time. SHOVE IT. 
  • Options
    iamautumn said:

I had not puked since around the 1st of January, and I thought I was in the clear. I was so excited, considering I was practically bed ridden for my first trimester. Yesterday and today I have puked 3 times, and it makes me so sad. In addition DH took that time to tell me how exhausted he's been cleaning and cooking all the time. SHOVE IT. 

Terrible. No matter how many times you throw up, you never truly get used to it either. I've been pretty good since about 13 weeks, but I've gotten sick several times after drinking milk or eating ice cream in the past 2 weeks. Apparently I'm lactose intolerant now? But I was throwing up and crying because of how awful it feels. You'd think after 3 months I wouldn't be surprised by the grossness.