High-Risk Pregnancy

Possible preterm labor?

Samis1991Samis1991 member
edited January 2016 in High-Risk Pregnancy
I'm a ftm 33 weeks today. I have been having really bad front and back pressure in my pelvis, menstrual type pains that are not constant as of now but have gotten worse the past couple of days, and terrible insomnia last night. My Braxton Hicks contractions are getting more frequent but it's hard to tell if they are coming at regular intervals. I have an appoinment with my doctor tomorrow but was wondering if other women experienced this just before going into labor or could it be early labor? I am high risk because of Crohn's disease and blood pressure issues. I know all these can be normal symptoms during the 3rd trimester but it seems strange to have them start all at once. I've also got a cold a couple days ago and have been feeling nauseous. I don't usually get colds even during the winter and I never had morning sickness. Any advice would help as I tend to worry and always think of the worst.

Re: Possible preterm labor?

• Go ahead and count your BHs.  More than 4-6/hr usually warrants a call to the ob, but every office is different.  Do your contractions go away with rest or an increase in fluids?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• I saw my doctor and was not having true contractions thankfully. But my BH have gotten a lot more frequent to the point where they seem to never end! Even with water and changing positions. Normally I don't have pain with them but occasionally I will. Just uncomfortable my belly being so tight all the time. I guess I'm just one who will have more intense BH the rest of my pregnancy.