VBAC
Options

vba2c success?

Hello!
Any mommas have successful vba2c stories?
I have had a csection, vbac, then another csection. Both csections were because of breech babies! (I have stubborn kids ;) ) I'm looking to have another vbac with #4 but my doctor is not supportive of the idea so I'll be looking for a new one. I'd love to hear any vba2c stories, successful or not :)

Re: vba2c success?

• Options
    I had a successful VBA2C in August after a failed VBAC in August 2013 and a c/s in August 2010. I was induced at 40w with my failed VBAC (pre-e) and after getting to 10 cm my pelvic bones just wouldn't separate and LO and I kept both going into distress (her HR and my BP). I saw a chiropractor certified in the Webster technique and went into labor spontaneously at 38+5. Labor was short, 6 hours total including 30 min of pushing. My OB is known as being very pro-VBAC and that played a major role. He never questioned my decision although he did suggest I get an epidural due to my previous failed VBAC and emergency c/s. Good luck to you, I hope you get the birth you want :)
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Options
    I've had a few doula clients who had successful VBA2C and a number of colleagues as well. The fact that you've had a successful VBAC in there should make a difference, along with the fact that your C sections were for the breech baby and not due to labour complications.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ^^^ Agree. From what I understand the successful VBAC and reasons for c sections should be good factors in favour of trying for another VBAC but I guess it depends on your doctor/midwife. Good luck!