April 2015 Moms

Drying Up?

I have been struggling with low supply for a few months now. I do what I can, and supplement with formula. This week I had to go on my first work trip without the little one (5 days). I pumped when I could, but not as often as I wanted to. The last time I pumped I got very little. Is there anything I can do to help boost my supply?

Re: Drying Up?

• I have changed flange sizes more than once, so that has helped me (I've gone from medium to large then back to medium. Weird, huh?). The only other thought is to pump as often as possible. If you really want to get it back, you might consider pumping in the middle of the night. But...that's up to you.
  • You can also try pumping at a higher speed. One side responded better to the higher speed for me and I'd produce more. My lactation consultant also suggested fenugreek and lactation cookies. It's pretty easy to find cookie recipes online. 8 months though is great, so if your body doesn't respond, don't be too hard on yourself.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same situation. I tried Mothers Milk tea but never could really tell if it worked. I also tried one of the lactation cookies but pretty much had to choke it down. I made it 9 months without supplementing but I just can't keep up with how much she's having.

Where can you purchase fenugreek? Any pharmacy type store?