Baby Showers

I know a lot of people hate gender reveals but....

Look at the cute babies I made for the reveal! You either pick girl or boy when you first come. If you get it right you get a prize but if you get it wrong I told all my nieces and nephews that they have to help paint the babies room lol

Re: I know a lot of people hate gender reveals but....

• Cute! I think they are fun and everyone on here takes these parties waaay too seriously!
  • The reason people on here don't care for gender reveal parties is because most people outside of your family don really need to be invited to another party surrounding your pregnancy just to learn the sex of your baby. It's gender reveals, showers, meet the baby party, etc. When people are invited to any of these, they feel obligated to bring a gift and it just comes off as milking your family and friends. You can say all you want that people shouldn't bring gifts, but they will still feel obligated to. It just gets to be too much.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks mrsrundell! For some reason they took forever lol

Oh, well my party is just for my main family (which is huge anyway lol) and some of my best friends who want to know. We get together alot anyway (so many birthdays!). Everyone is just basically coming over for lunch and to eat some cupcakes. Not every meet up for my family is a gift giving event. We even got rid of giving gifts at Christmas. It had become too much and it makes the holidays so much more relaxed. It's just a fun little party.
  • Yeah unless this is my VERY best friend or my sister I couldn't care less.  I mean why not just... tell people? 
  • antoto said:

Yeah unless this is my VERY best friend or my sister I couldn't care less.  I mean why not just... tell people? 

Well my nieces and nephews are excited and they love the idea of a party :pensive: They have arguments over what it's going to be lol. I love the reasoning ("well there is enough boys, so it must be a girl"). (My brothers psyhic said it was a boy).

If you think about it I am just telling people, but in a fun way. :p

Nothing is expected of anyone, just come over for lunch, eat some chili and cupcakes and blab about what's going on in their lives. My sisters and brothers are pretty honest with me ( if I'm doing something stupid, they are sure to let me know lol) and they all think it's a fun idea.

• Maybe it is a way for me just to break up this cold winter! I can't go snowboarding, ice skatinh, or anything :#
  • Maybe it is a way for me just to break up this cold winter! I can't go snowboarding, ice skatinh, or anything :#
    That wouldn't bother me if it were like a "come over and I'll feed you" and then when they show up you're like "surprise it's a boy!"  But stuff with any sort of invitation is just over the top for this.  Invitation = present in my mind and pretty much everyone else too.  
  • antoto said:

Maybe it is a way for me just to break up this cold winter! I can't go snowboarding, ice skatinh, or anything :#

That wouldn't bother me if it were like a "come over and I'll feed you" and then when they show up you're like "surprise it's a boy!"  But stuff with any sort of invitation is just over the top for this.  Invitation = present in my mind and pretty much everyone else too.  

Oh no lol...I just called everyone up and asked if they wanted to come over, very informal.
  • This may be a really UO. I like gender reveals especially if couples or families have strong opinions or expectations about the gender of their LO. However, I do think that gender reveals should be informal (no gifts , over the top invitations, etc) and everyone should be surprised including the parents.
  • I just had it today! I was crying when I found out! It was just so emotional lol
  • Looks like you had an awesome time!!  Happy for you :)

• ecwkecwk member
    edited January 2016
    Kjack85 said:

especially if couples or families have strong opinions or expectations about the gender of their LO. .

What does this mean?

ETA Oh, do you mean like if they're totally convinced they're having one sex?

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You had this thread, but still decided to start a new one in 2nd Tri? Mmmkay....

Well maybe not everyone saw this one? Jeez!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You had this thread, but still decided to start a new one in 2nd Tri? Mmmkay....

Sorry Mrs. Thread police :p ...I was super excited and just wanted to share. Plus I wanted to comment about how now I understood those who said that they just wanted to share their special moment with hubby. I was very emotionally exhausted afterwards... Just sharing my experience

Sorry Mrs. Thread police :p ...I was super excited and just wanted to share. Plus I wanted to comment about how now I understood those who said that they just wanted to share their special moment with hubby. I was very emotionally exhausted afterwards... Just sharing my experience
    How were you emotionally exhausted after finding out the sex of your baby?
    This is an honest question.
    I've only been emotionally exhausted after the loss of my father and our pregnancy losses. Finding out the sexes of our twins left me excited, not exhausted.
    I guess it was just the built up. I had been very nervous the previous day and couldn't sleep before the ultrasound. I had a miscarriage before, and I always get so nervous now, especially right before the big one where they check everything. ( I think I was getting on the ultrasound techs nerves cause I kept asking so many questions lol). I didn't really care about the sex.

Then I had to go home and get ready for the the party ( but since we both took off we decided to walk the dogs and see the new star wars movie) . so I guess was rushing around all day Friday night and Saturday morning (totally my fault :p )

I think when I opened that cupcake and saw it was a girl, so many feelings rushed over me, and I teared up in front of everyone. This was real and I was going to have a baby girl. I guess before, I just had this generic image of a baby, not really putting a face to it. Then I was super tired lol
  • ecwk said:

Kjack85 said:

especially if couples or families have strong opinions or expectations about the gender of their LO. .

What does this mean?

Exactly.
    For example ...a church friend was convinced she was having a girl. Her DH just wanted a healthy baby but expected a girl. We were all very much interested since she was so adamant (buying clothes.. decorating the nursery .. picking names .. Etc). It turned out to be a girl, so maybe she wasn't a crazy as we all thought. Lol.
  • ecwk said:

Kjack85 said:

ecwk said:

Kjack85 said:

What does this mean?

Exactly.
    For example ...a church friend was convinced she was having a girl. Her DH just wanted a healthy baby but expected a girl. We were all very much interested since she was so adamant (buying clothes.. decorating the nursery .. picking names .. Etc). It turned out to be a girl, so maybe she wasn't a crazy as we all thought. Lol.
    So she bought girl clothes and decorated her nursery in a girly theme even though she had no idea whether or not she was having a girl?

Or maybe she knew all along and just didn't tell anyone??
    Highly doubt that since she was 4 weeks pregnant when she started buying things and 10 weeks pregnant when she told the church it was a girl and that we could start buying girl things.
  • ecwk said:

Kjack85 said:

ecwk said:

Kjack85 said:

ecwk said:

Kjack85 said:

What does this mean?

Exactly.
    So she bought girl clothes and decorated her nursery in a girly theme even though she had no idea whether or not she was having a girl?

Or maybe she knew all along and just didn't tell anyone??
    Highly doubt that since she was 4 weeks pregnant when she started buying things and 10 weeks pregnant when she told the church it was a girl and that we could start buying girl things.

Bought girl clothes at *4 weeks pregnant*???
    My face exactly.
  • Looks like a blast! Don't let these Negative Nancys get you down ;)
    Baby #3 
    DS 6 yrs, DD 4 yrs
    2 Fur babies

• suchaglencocosuchaglencoco member
    edited January 2016
    ecwk said:

Looks like a blast! Don't let these Negative Nancys get you down ;)

ecwk said:

Looks like a blast! Don't let these Negative Nancys get you down ;)

I love the Bluths...

Eta my favorite part of the series.
  • @suchaglencoco Have any of you even seen a chicken?
  • @suchaglencoco Have any of you even seen a chicken?

Never!!!
    Ha. We do one of these around our house almost weekly. This show was do good before the last half of season 3 and the Netflix move.