Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Missed miscarriage, post d&c

I'm so glad I found this board. My story:
I found out I was pregnant on thanksgiving day this year. My husband and I were so beyond excited. We had a scare December 7th when I started spotting light red. Went to the ER, measured right on schedule at 5weeks 1day. I followed up with an ultrasound on December 18th, I measured 4 days behind but there was a fetal pole visible. I had to wait on my new insurance to kick in before I could go back to the doctor. When I went back for a follow up ultrasound for what I thought I would be between 8.5-9 weeks and we would hear baby's heartbeat. The ultrasound tech came in and said "I can't see anything, I'm going to go get the doctor" while I was panicking I was trying not to think the worst. Then one of the nurses came in telling me I had lost my baby, in a silent miscarriage. I had no idea, I went in that say expecting to hear a heartbeat and instead seeing an empty sac. They gave me time to decide if I wanted to take the medication to kick start the rest of the miscarriage or have a d&c. I went home and did some reading, between my tears, and found that I would do better with a d&c. Yesterday morning, I went in, went under and came back feeling completely empty, like something was missing. I haven't had very much cramping or bleeding but the emotional toll is getting to me. While I'm glad I did the d&c so I didn't have to watch it, something inside of me is missing. This is some kind of heartbreak I've never felt before. The doctor says we can try again after 2 cycles, and I think we're going to... It just seems like I'm not getting over this like I should be.

Thanks for reading, any insight is appreciated.

Re: Missed miscarriage, post d&c

• Options
    ceuceu member
    First, I want to say I'm really sorry for what you are going through.  A pregnancy loss is a hardship no one should have to endure.  Second, I want to say that there is no right or wrong way of going through the emotions of a loss such as this.  I think you are being a little hard on yourself.  You've not had very much time to prepare for this kind of news or loss.  
    If it is helpful, I miscarried at 7w0d in early August.  We tried and got pregnant two cycles later.  I found out when I was 7w0d with that baby that I was losing that one too.  It had a strong heartbeat so we waited to see if the baby would catch up, but it never did.  At 9w0d I had a d&c.  That was in November of last year.  It has been so hard to go through this, but something I know for sure now that I didn't know in August is that you will get through it.  You will get through it.  Try to be good to yourself.  Allow yourself time to heal emotionally and physically.  Your body is going to go through a lot of changes now that you are no longer pregnant.  Try to be okay with that, too.  I think it's very important to feel what you are feeling.  I just cried tonight for the first time in over two weeks because I ordered more ovulation tests in the mail.  Mind you, I ordered them.  I knew they were coming!  The fact that I'm no longer pregnant, and that is sad as hell is overwhelming, and can sideswipe even the perkiest of me's.  
    I'm sending you love and support.  I hope you will reach out if you ever need to talk. xo
    Married 4/2011
    TTC since 4/2015
    bfp 7/14/2015 EDD 3/22/16 m/c 7w0d o:)
    bfp 10/2/2015 EDD 6/22/16 d&c 9w0d o:)