TTC After a Loss

Cycle after D&C, spotting while ovulating?

In the beginning of Dec I found out I was miscarrying. I thought I naturally miscarried and started to test for ovulation. I ovulated apx Dec 11. When I went in for a follow up doctor appointment to make sure all the tissues were gone it was discovered that 1/2 the sac remained and I had to go in for a D&C on Dec 22. When I went to the doctor for my post surgery apt. I was basically told to avoid getting pregnant until I have a normal AF and then to start trying again right away, he said that the first month there is only a 20% chance of even getting pregnant so I want to start trying again right away. I had been trying to track using the Clue app. and I'm so confused. I have been using the ovulation pee sticks and it had said that I've been ovulating the last 3 days, however I'm also spotting. This has never happened before. 

I'm wondering a few things, has anyone else experienced spotting during ovulation and I know everyone is different but I'm wondering how long it took women to get a normal cycle again... I've never wanted my period to hurry up an get here already before.

Re: Cycle after D&C, spotting while ovulating?

• I actually was pretty sure I spotted while ovulating the month after D&C, because I had a small amount of brown discharge while wiping abou the right time, but nothing more than that. But then I had my issues with AF being "stuck" in my uterus due to possible cervical scarring. The blood worked its way out eventually, so now I'm not sure about anything about that cycle. It's certainly possible that it was spotting from ovulation. FX that AF comes soon!! Are they tracking your HCG levels? Mine were at about 3 when AF showed up, my friend was at 4.
  • My first AF after D&C was really atypical compared with my normal AF.  I think it's pretty normal to have a wonky first cycle or two while your body regulates.  I don't know my hcg levels but I still was getting faint positive hpts when I got my period after D&C
  • Loading the player...
  • Ovulation sticks will only detect on LH surge, not actual ovulation. Your body can gear up to ovulate and then not actually ovulate at all, which is might be what's happening to you. Bodies are all kinds of crazy post-mc. The only way to confirm ovulation is by charting your basal body temperature, which I highly recommend.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Could this bleeding be considered a period? I hate how this is so confusing!! 
    If it's enough to warrant a pad or tampon, yes.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

If it's enough to warrant a pad or tampon, yes.
    Yeah it wasn't that much I would call it spotting... 
  • Called my doctor, they were so nice and unhelpful. Apparently this could be a period or it could not be and I just need to wait another 2 weeks or so to see what happens... I just hate all this unknown. I just want my body to go back to being normal again. 
  • Oh the joy! I will say that I am on my 3rd "cycle" post unassisted miscarriage on 11/3 and it is my first that even resembles a normal cycle. It's been super demoralizing. I've started temping again this cycle just to feel some minor sense of control ,which I highly recommend. I charted my temps for years and thought I knew something about my cycle, but this miscarriage has changed everything.

@PeggyOlsonFTW is correct when she says that OPKs are only testing for the LH surge and are not actually confirming that you ovulate. I am pretty sure I have been having multiple surges these past cycles and likely having late/weak ovulation if any. Hence, why I have broken out my BBT yet again.
  • Well I've once again changed my mind, I think it's a full period. I needed 2 tampons today and I'm now cramping... I'm just so confused with the positive LH surge. How is that possible...