August 2016 Moms
Options

Naming Theme

Anyone else have LO's with the same letter beginning of their names?  Are you going with the theme this time or changing things up?  Or if you have 1 are you considering sticking with the letter you used for your first?  We're feeling like with #3 we need to make the call because this either sets it pretty much for any future babies or go in a completely different direction.  

Married 5/2/09 To my best friend 
Lillianna Faith Born 8/26/10- My big girl kindergartner!
Peach- MC 3/2012
Logan Christopher Born 2/3/13- My little fighter, cardiac defects, 2 cancer scares and more surgery, tests, MRIs, cat scans, xrays than most people would have to face their whole life.   

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Naming Theme

• Options
    We are pregnant with our 4th right now. Our other 3 kiddos all have different first letters only because those were the names we liked. I don't necessarily dislike when people name their kids all with the same first letter but sometimes they sound funny. I have an aunt who has 3 kids Dillon, Derek, & Dana and I always found it comical. I am sure whatever you choose will be great!
  • Options
    Using all the same first letters just because they match (and not solely on chance because you like the name) is not my style, but to each their own.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not a fan of pulling a Kardashian and naming all your kids with the same letter. My sister and I are the only 2 in our family and we have the same letter--some of my cousins still call me by her name. It's just too similar. I don't think my parents planned it that way, they just liked these two names, but I can't stand it. 
    Married 6/20/2015
    Mirena removed 7/6/2015
    TTC#1 July 2015
    BFP 12/4/2015
    Sam born 8/4/2016

• Options
    Pregnant with number two right now.   Both will have first names which are famous literary surnames and both middle names are areas of Scotland. :)
  • Options
    The only theme I run is middle names are after family names. Me and my siblings were given our names because they were family names. I want my kids first names to be original and their middle to be family. My first was janelle after my mom and sister and if this one is a girl hers would be Marie after my grandma and other sister. If it's a boy his middle name would be David from both mine and DH grandpa
  • Options
    I will specifically avoid using the same initials as my DD.  No name themes here, although I do think sibling names should have a similar "feel" about them so that one sibling doesn't feel like they are the black sheep.  I generally like uncommon, old-fashioned names (my daughter's name is Cecily). 

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Options
    There's no particular theme in our family, but our dd's name is Victoria. Since there was a queen Victoria, we'd like the name for another daughter (if we have a girl) to be just as royal. So maybe Elizabeth, for another queen. If it's a boy, I just want to continue the tradition and pick a name starting with A. Three generations of boys in dh's family have/had initials AA.
  • Options
    We went a little biblical with "Noah" and I wanted to keep it going with the name "Hannah" and I like the fact that the end of the names are the same sound. Problem is, my sister in law has a dog named Hannah. LOL 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• Options
    We're not doing a letter theme, but my mom, MIL, husband, and I all have Irish names. We gave our son and Irish name, and we plan to continue the trend. 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    We are all J's.   Probably going to go with this one too.   With our first lo it kind of just happened and I think it would be cool.
    BFP 5/22/12, MC 6/6/12 (cp) BFP 10/16/13, EDD June 28, 2014 - baby J arrived 6/19/14! ** #2-- BFP 12/5/15, EDD August 17, 2016 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker ***************************** Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    There are three kids in my family and me and my brother start with C and my poor youngest sibling starts with an L.  But I think its ok my parents broke the "theme" because his name is Charles so its a different C sound. 

Our first two are different letters but we will try to follow a theme in terms of similar styles.  DD is a more unique unisex name and DS is is a more unique southern style masculine name. 

• Options
    Quite honestly the same letter thing sort of just happened for us.  When we got prego with #1 we loved Lillianna or Logan.  So when #2 came and was a boy Logan was already our top boy name.  There are still some L names that I love, which is the only reason Im considering. But 3 may not be it for us and I feel that I should decide if its a thing I could stick with for 4 or so.  I guess we'll have to see.  I dont like to spend too much time worrying about names until we have our anatomy scan.  Then its easier and we dong need to argue names for both sides we can just focus on either boy or girl names :-) 

Married 5/2/09 To my best friend 
    Lillianna Faith Born 8/26/10- My big girl kindergartner!
    Peach- MC 3/2012
    Logan Christopher Born 2/3/13- My little fighter, cardiac defects, 2 cancer scares and more surgery, tests, MRIs, cat scans, xrays than most people would have to face their whole life.   

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have all Irish names picked out for boys (my heritage) and all Italian names picked out for girls (DH's heritage).

My nieces both have names that begin with the letter "A" and my sister-in-law calls them "The A Team"
  • Options
    *lurking*

I am the oldest of six children. My parents, grandma, and all my siblings names start with the same letter. My husband's name starts with that letter also. I have hated it my whole life. Even as the oldest, I still get called other siblings names more so than a "normal" mixed initial named family. DD does not have the same initial and we will not be naming this current LO (or any others) with the same first initial. Ie J and B names are off the table for this pregnancy and all others.

Side note: I hate it being referred to as "pulling a Kardashian". I didn't even know the Kardashians existed when my siblings were being named and still hated it.
  • Options
    @imakeeff0rts I'm dying to know what your kids names are with the literary 1st and somewhere in Scotland for the middle -- will you share?!?!
  • Options
    @bjt12
    We only have one child. His name is Cael. We named the baby that we lost Quinn.
    We haven't yet decided on a name for this baby.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    The plan is to stick with a "viking" first name and a classic name for the middle like we did with our first.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Options
    I don't see why you can't stick with one letter or switch it up. My siblings' (older) names both begin with S and I begin with K. I honestly never thought about that until this moment. Never made me feel left out or anything, but I'm sure if I would have been named Susan or something it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Anyhow, all I am saying is the third child might never notice they weren't even named with the same letter.

The way I see it is, if you like it, go for it. If it happens to be the same letter as your other children....

then cool. Whatever works  :)

(Technically, my brother's given name doesn't begin with S, but the name he have always gone by starts with S. I more often than not forget he legally has a different first name).
  • Options
    we have 2 boys, Jordy and Jake - which was totally by accident - just names we loved - and now we love Jesse for another boy, but im hating that they all 'J's - so we trying to find alternatives - 
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of all kids having the same letters. In fact, I tend to rule out those letters once I've already used them. I did happen to give my first two kids the same first and middle initials (Gwendolyn Grace and Josiah James), but with the third I wanted to pick another virtue middle name and went with Faith (Adeline Faith). If we have another girl, I might use Hope or Joy for a middle name and don't feel the need to match initials. Lost a baby in August of last year and we went with Shiloh - gender-neutral, no middle name. BTW, isn't it more like pulling a Duggar, using all of the same letters? I think they hold the record.  
  • Options
    My middle name was to honor my father's mother. And my little sisters middle name was to honor my mother's mother. But our first names are unique to us. With our son DH and I decided to use the middle name to honor DH's family. With this child, we will honor my family with the middle name. My husband and I have initials E and Z so that has always been a thing that we are EZ. So we decided to name our first child an E name and the second a Z name. That makes the list pretty short this time around but we have 2 names for each gender that we are happy with.