Trying to Get Pregnant

Introducing: WTFIS Sunday. AKA Limbo

Re: Introducing: WTFIS Sunday. AKA Limbo

• Loading the player...
  • Personally I think it's a good place for people to go if they are unsure of where they are in their cycle.  For example, I posted here yesterday because I couldn't decide if I had actually ovulated, but then got a high temp this morning so I moved over to TWW.

Just my 2 cents.
  • BerkeBaby said:
    BerkeBaby said:
    The posts were getting negative and condescending. If you don't understand the need for this thread, then don't participate. It's that simple. I, on the other hand, have trouble participating in the TWW after I have had several BFN. My cycles are so long sometimes, that it seems hopeless to participate in the TWW when I'm waiting for AF and it seems hopeless when I have no idea how long it is going to be before AF does show up. Then I'm not sure how to participate in WTO because I'm NOT WTO, I'm waiting for AF to show up so that I can move on. If that doesn't make sense to you, I'm sorry. But for many of us, this thread makes perfect sense.
    I guess I'm confused (and not being negative or condescending) because there is a Chart Stalk option in both WTO and TWW where other members can help you make interpretations of your cycle.

I did look at your chart, by the way. I'm inclined to think that you ovulated later than FF predicted based off your pre-O temps. It looks like you stopped checking CM after your proposed O date. Otherwise, I do see a clear thermal shift.
    I didn't enter CM after proposed O because there wasn't any. I just didn't put that it was dry.

Fertility Friend can be wrong, and since I can't get in to see my doctor for an ultrasound, I don't feel right on either board. Sometimes people just need to vent, and seeing all of the BFPs in the TWW can be frustrating when you are out for the month. The WTO thread doesn't seem like the right fit either. I'm just trying to get through yet another disappointing month.

I get it. You and @letyourheartbeyourguide don't understand. I really get it. I'm not angry, or trying to be condescending either, but I don't feel right on the TWW thread and I didn't feel right on the WTO board because AF still hasn't shown up. I went from having very regular cycles, to suddenly not have any idea what was going on. This is a weird point in my cycles. It's important for people who have irregular and/or long cycles to have a place to go to, and the women who have had MCs or CPs who are waiting to get back in the game. (I know there is a Benched thread.) I don't know what I can say to help you better understand.
    I know, that's why I gave you my interpretation :)

Good luck with all that.
  • edited January 2016

Personally I think it's a good place for people to go if they are unsure of where they are in their cycle.  For example, I posted here yesterday because I couldn't decide if I had actually ovulated, but then got a high temp this morning so I moved over to TWW.

Just my 2 cents.

But a NTNP (edit: or for some other reason not charting) thread is different than a my-cycles-are-long-and-I'm-bored-of-the-WTO thread.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• At any point, no matter how short or long your cycles are, you're either waiting to ovulate (to try and get pregnant) or you're waiting to see if you're pregnant. I understood the benched/TTA check-in because then you're not trying to get pregnant. But otherwise, WTO and TWW pretty much cover it, no SSing required.

I would totally post on benched/TTA if it was more frequent. I don't feel involved when I only post there because it's not daily.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • OK fine, whatever.  If it really upsets y'all to have this thread, I won't post here again.

This is how I currently feel about this whole thing.

• sldp123sldp123 member
    edited January 2016
    Personally I think it's a good place for people to go if they are unsure of where they are in their cycle.  For example, I posted here yesterday because I couldn't decide if I had actually ovulated, but then got a high temp this morning so I moved over to TWW.

Just my 2 cents.
    Obviously a number of ladies feel that there is a need for this type of thread, since it has been attempted at least one other time in the past as well. I don't typically have long and/or confusing cycles, so I don't really have an opinion on that. But I don't think the situation above warrants a post in a totally separate thread. It's pretty much a given for everyone that there will be a day or two each each cycle where you aren't 100% sure you ovulated and you are waiting for another high temp or something. I really don't see the need to come to a totally different check-in for that type of thing. People post that exact thing in WTO all the time.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • OK fine, whatever.  If it really upsets y'all to have this thread, I won't post here again.

This is how I currently feel about this whole thing.

That gif made me laugh. I hope you don't leave just because two people decided to question it. I agree with you, this is a good idea for now.

@letyourheartbeyourguide and @ShellinLove - I don't think @NamelessAria or I were trying to be special snowflakes who are symptom spotting. I just thought it was a good idea for those of us at a tough point in our cycles where the WTO/TWW threads didn't make sense for us, or those of us who have unusually long cycles.

I don't even know what else to add. It was supposed to be positive and something we thought would help others, and now it's become the opposite. I don't understand the negativity and I don't think I ever will. This simply makes me sad.
  • I also don't really get this and I do have longer and irregular cycles. I have felt frustrated, of course, but not weird/uncomfortable and definitely not unwelcome in WTO, but my feelings don't have bearing on how others might feel with their particular situations. I have commiserated with others with long and irregular cycles and I have received plenty of sympathetic comments from those that have short and regular cycles. I do think there is an advantage to keeping the threads more consolidated because someone in WTO or TWW may have had similar experiences as you previously even if they are not currently "in limbo" and could have valuable insight that you could miss out on. That said, if there are enough people that feel the need for it, then by all means. 

@BerkeBaby, FWIW, think you did ovulate, although maybe not at the exact date FF says. How long is your LP usually? 
  • @anj27 - LP is usually 14 days...I'm up to 16 according to FF. No signs of AF.
  • @BerkeBaby I think you could have ovulated on CD30 which would put you at DPO12. You don't have to answer this but did you not have sex after CD25 or just stop recording it? If someone completely missed their fertile window (although you would still have -5 assuming CD30 is correct), I could understand not wanting to participate in the TWW threads. 
  • I guess I understand everyone's point of view and can see how this would add to confusion with newbies. I will simply do as @Lulucooks suggested and refrain from posting anywhere until my body sorts things out. It is what it is.
    BabyGaga
  • picklespleasepicklesplease member
    edited January 2016
    @anj27 - We were confused by the fertility window that FF gave, so we didn't BD after CD25. We were both kind of burned out at that point. I like FF but it wasn't accurate. I didn't know where to go. TWW didn't work and I'm not WTO. I am upset. I thought I was doing everything right and my body is not cooperating.
  • @BerkeBaby I'm sorry that you are upset, that must be very frustrating. I hope that your next cycle starts very soon. 

• NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
    edited January 2016
    I'm fairly certain that no one is now, or was before this post, still confused about your clear contempt for this whole WTFIS this thread. If you're trying to make sure everyone here feels stupid, you've likely succeeded. If you're trying to leave no room for any ambiguity when it comes to your "confusion" about this thread and clear dislike for this thread then you've definitely succeeded.

I admit, as the person who took it upon myself to start this thread, in an attempt to be helpful (not spechual despite what you may think) I feel responsible for the drama that has ensued. If I apologize for starting it to begin with (ya know and clogging up the entire TTGP forum) and say that I won't restart it tomorrow, can we leave the dead horse alone? Because if so here it is: I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I've done (such as starting this thread) that has been so horribly annoying/stupid/spechual/confusing/whatever that it just couldn't be ignored.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• ReesaAnne16  hi! we were cycle buddies like 4? cycles ago, and sadly looks like we still are. I'm figuring out when to go to an RE too. It's a tough thing to acknowledge.I have a gyno appointment in May but I'm still considering just skipping it and going right to an RE after our Europe trip in March. 12 months is just as arbitrary as 11 months or 13 months, TBH. 

Anyway, I like this thread. I'm 11 DPO (which is actually a really long luteal phase for me) but have dead negatives. Sure my period is coming any hour now, but WTO and TWW boards just don't feel like the right places for me. 

• br0co1ii said:
    The only "spechul" people I've seen on this board are the ones who came on and posted in a forum that they clearly don't belong in, and then insisted that no one else does either, because they are so "speshul" that they are obviously right.

Also, it was mentioned by @letyourheartbeyourguide that it was asinine to speculate about anovulation at CD17, making me wonder if in fact I was being a bit paranoid and spechul snowflakey myself. Therefore, I took it upon myself to look up anovulatory cycle charts on FF, and indeed, there are plenty of shorter cycles like mine that have been determined to be anovulatory. So for that, I do actually have to say thank you, because I learned something. 

The thing is, you don't know for sure you are having an anovulatory cycle until AF arrives. It's possible to have a short anovulatory cycle, it's possible to hit 60 days and a doctor's visit to end a cycle. It seems premature to worry about an anovulatory cycle this early in your cycle because it is possible to just have a late ovulation randomly. 
  • I just realized that @PocketFullofShells and @ShellinLove are the same person. Why two profiles?? Better to troll boards you don't agree with?
  • Lulucooks said:

Ash9614 said:

Gah. Could this BE anymore dramatic?! If you feel like you want to post here, then do. If you're confused by it, then don't. If the thread never gains traction, it'll die on its own.

The boards aren't clogged. Fact is, since TB redesigned the website, traffic to the boards has decreased dramatically.

If anyone wants to start any kind of thread because it applies to a sub-group of women here, go for it! You don't need "permission" to start a new thread, especially when multiple women have communicated they see a need for said thread.

While I appreciate the education and blunt honesty of the ttgp board, I will not be bullied into only posting where some people say it's ok.

This isn't bullying, its far from it. It's not even that dramatic.
    It seems like bullying to me, but that's fine if you disagree. And it's certainly more dramatic than the creation of a simple thread calls for. But, again, we can agree to disagree.
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HeyBooHey really??? How do you know?
  • Lulucooks said:

Ash9614 said:

Lulucooks said:

Ash9614 said:

Gah. Could this BE anymore dramatic?! If you feel like you want to post here, then do. If you're confused by it, then don't. If the thread never gains traction, it'll die on its own.

The boards aren't clogged. Fact is, since TB redesigned the website, traffic to the boards has decreased dramatically.

If anyone wants to start any kind of thread because it applies to a sub-group of women here, go for it! You don't need "permission" to start a new thread, especially when multiple women have communicated they see a need for said thread.

While I appreciate the education and blunt honesty of the ttgp board, I will not be bullied into only posting where some people say it's ok.

It seems like bullying to me, but that's fine if you disagree. And it's certainly more dramatic than the creation of a simple thread calls for. But, again, we can agree to disagree.
    The bullying part isn't an agree to disagree topic. No one here has been bullied. It's insulting and hurtful to people who have *actually* experienced bullying to claim otherwise.

People had a differing view, they wanted to discuss it. Instead, loaded terms like bullying, mean, negative, and dramatic got thrown out. Which causes people to go on the defense and completely derails the discussion.

Disagreement =/= bullying.
    Questions =/= mean
    Concerns about the quality of the board =/= negativity
    Discussion =/= dramatic
    "Bullying is the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively dominate others. The behavior is often repeated and habitual."
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • LulucooksLulucooks member
    edited January 2016
    Ash9614 said:

Lulucooks said:

Ash9614 said:

Lulucooks said:

Ash9614 said:

The bullying part isn't an agree to disagree topic. No one here has been bullied. It's insulting and hurtful to people who have *actually* experienced bullying to claim otherwise.

People had a differing view, they wanted to discuss it. Instead, loaded terms like bullying, mean, negative, and dramatic got thrown out. Which causes people to go on the defense and completely derails the discussion.

Disagreement =/= bullying.
    Questions =/= mean
    Concerns about the quality of the board =/= negativity
    Discussion =/= dramatic
    "Bullying is the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively dominate others. The behavior is often repeated and habitual."
    Mmkay?
    Where did that happen? People asked for clarification and wanted to state their opinion. How is that "the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively dominate others?"

You ladies do what you want. But this is a public board and we are all vested in it being an enjoyable one. If you decide to start a thread, people can comment whatever they want so long as they don't violate the TOU.

• edited January 2016
    WOWWWWW... That is very interesting.
  • edited January 2016

ReesaAnne16  hi! we were cycle buddies like 4? cycles ago, and sadly looks like we still are. I'm figuring out when to go to an RE too. It's a tough thing to acknowledge.I have a gyno appointment in May but I'm still considering just skipping it and going right to an RE after our Europe trip in March. 12 months is just as arbitrary as 11 months or 13 months, TBH. 

Anyway, I like this thread. I'm 11 DPO (which is actually a really long luteal phase for me) but have dead negatives. Sure my period is coming any hour now, but WTO and TWW boards just don't feel like the right places for me. 

Your luteal phase doesn't really change. Ovulation can change but your LP doesn't vary greatly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"