March 2015 Moms

Diaper rash help

My daughter just stopped taking antibiotics and right towards the end of taking them she developed a diaper rash. I've been putting stuff on it every time she is changed but it's not going away and it's not getting any worse. It doesn't seem to hurt or bother her but I would like to get it cleared up. I've used desitin and a+d ointment and nothing seems to work. Anything else I could try?

Re: Diaper rash help

• "Triple Paste" is amazing, a little pricey but a little goes a long way. I also use coconut oil and find it to be very soothing.
  • I've heard Lucas' pawpaw is good!
  • Loading the player...
  • It could be a yeast rash since you just stopped antibiotics. If it is lotramin and aquaphor helped get rid of my lo's. The doc also had us temporary stop using baby wipes and use water and a soft cloth or paper towel. Even if it's not yeast aquaphor is great we still use It all the time, it's the only cream that works for him.
  • This might seem weird but corn starch was something my grandma always used on me when I was a baby and my 8 brothers and sister and she had 12 and even her mother used it it's worth a try
  • I second the Triple Paste.  It is a bit pricey, but works wonders.  Rashes are gone within 1-2 applications for us.  I was given some as a shower present & cursed the person who bought it for us when I had to go get some more, but the less expensive brands/store brands just didn't work as well for my kids.
  • Thanks everybody. I've tried several different things and instead of helping it's getting worse so I'm taking her to the doctor
  • Coconut oil works wonders!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Mama to Rowan Sebastian and baby boy coming in April!

• Coconut didn't help any. It was a yeast infection and it started spreading to her legs and stomach so they gave me a prescription for a cream and the doctor finally called it in over a day later and it's already healed
  • Yeast infections can be pretty tough to battle. You generally have to call in the big guns.