August 2016 Moms
Options

Just a question

So ladies I've got just a quick question...before getting pregnant I was always a bit heavier in the weight department, not by much but still maybe a good 20-30lbs overweight. I've read that having the "extra" weight could make things a little bit harder in the times to come and was curious if there are any mom's who have been/going through what I'm going through?

Re: Just a question

• Options
    Hey I don't have any answers for you but did see this topic on the 1st trimesters board. Hope you find all the answers you're looking for :)
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat, but more in the 30-40lbs overweight category. My OB didn't seem very concerned. I've just been trying to make better food choices and staying hydrated. I got a Fitbit for Christmas as well try to encourage myself to be more active. I'm a little over 10 weeks and thankfully haven't gained any weight (I've actually lost a few pounds!).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think the concern wouldn't necessarily be your weight but your overall health prior to pregnancy. Things like high bp, diabetes, back trouble etc prior to pregnancy can definitely put you in a high risk category.
  • Options
    I'm a little overweight and my Dr isn't really concerned about it. I've had two healthy happy pregnancies...
  • Options
    I don't think there's really any concern unless there were other health issues. I was overweight with my last and am with this one. The only complication I had was with my gallbladder but that's fairly common with pregnant women regardless of size. Just take care not to gain more weight than necessary because of the gestational diabetes risk.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Options
    If you look at BMI, I am in the obese category and only supposed to gain 15-25 lbs I believe.  My last two pregnancy I clocked in at a 27 lb gain (but both were 9 lb + babies).  I feel like I'm pretty healthy (no BP issues, etc).  I try to just eat healthy, drink water and stay active.  Last time I felt like little things like parking and walking a bit further, getting down on the floor to stretch and things like that really helped.  Especially doing them while You feel up to it, bc eventually it will be hard!