September 2015 Moms
Options

So tired that I..

Fell asleep on the toilet at work today!!!! I thought we had it relatively easy with our up once a night kiddo, but last night was kind of rough. That combined with coming back after ten days off at Christmas must be too much for me!!! It was only for a second but I was beyond mortified!!! Anyone else have a tired mom story??

Re: So tired that I..

• Options
    I'm so tired all the time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The past 48 hours I have slept a total 8-10 hours (and I'm not even in the sleep regression yet I think).... And I went back to work yesterday.
    I'm extremely spaced at work ... Not sure how this will hold up by the end of the week
  • Options
    I had to set an alarm to wake up and make it to my sons doctors appointment today. His appointment was 3 pm. Thankfully DS was tired too
  • Options
    Put the ice cube trays in the fridge.... maybe just mommy brain lol
  • Options
    @TahoeAugust this happens to DH when he does the MOTN feeding. I find him and DD asleep in the rocker and the bottle on the floor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Rushing around trying to get everything ready to go to the sitters, went to grab a bottle out of the fridge and somehow left my car keys in the fridge. Running around trying to find my keys, ended up just grabbing my spare set and hubs found them in the fridge later!
    Also have tried (a few times now) to put wet diapers back on DH.....oops
    Many times I will find myself in another room of my house wondering what it was I came in there for in the first place... Can't remember so I'll grab a snack and go back to the couch.
    Before I had DH I use to be so together but not anymore!
  • Options
    Put a bag of salad away in the pantry along with my 2 year old's sippy cup of milk. Sadly I didn't find it until HOURS later and it was GROSS!!
  • Options
    Forgot to put up 4 oz of milk I pumped this morning before work :(
  • Options

Put his pants back on without a diaper, luckily I noticed before it was bad news bears!

I've done this, but I got peed on :(
  • Options
    Yet another winner from me....I forgot the hoses to my breast pump today at work. Ouch. Hand expressions does NOT get the job done!!
  • Options
    I've pretty much done all of the things posted above aside from the dog cause I don't have one :)

But also have to share a scary one I'll never forget my sister telling me she did when she was majority exhausted..... She had a new born and and a 14mo old at the same time So she was extra sleep deprived. One morning she woke up to find her newborn sleeping on the changing table!! Somehow she woke up in the middle of the night to change him and went back to bet with out him :( thankfully he just fell asleep on there and didn't roll off.

That story scared me for life I think ....
  • Options
    Attempted to shave my armpits with the bottle of shaving cream.
    Wore my shirt backwards for an entire day without noticing.
    A few days ago LO spit up in his sleep (reflux) and I keep multiple extra sheets for his crib. I took the dirty sheet off and then put it back on thinking I was changing it.....
  • Options
    I almost poured my cereal into my cup of coffee once. I feel like a zombie all day at work. It's so hard to be up with the baby then have to be up at 6, get everyone ready for daycare and work, and myself be at work at 8 with a hell of a commute. I think that I'll never be normal. I've also been sick for a couple months and my doctor has me on some strong antibiotics. Need to sleep... ugh
  • Options
    CSchoFinkCSchoFink member
    edited January 2016
    My husband wrote this when LO was a little over a month old, but it's right on topic. Enjoy!
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/parenting/wp/2015/11/19/life-as-a-new-dad/
  • Options
    I went to feed my cats and instead of pouring the food in their bowls I poured it in the sink .... Ummm????
  • Options
    I make myself protein shakes for breakfast to drink on my way to work, and I added formula this morning instead of protein powder! Haha not fun.
  • Options
    ... Put the huge tub of oatmeal in the fridge and left the milk on the counter. Oops!

Months ago, I also forgot to attach the bottles during a MOTN pumping session and ended up with milk running down my legs.
  • Options
    I was so looking forward to a relaxing bubble bath that I hopped in the tub with my bra on. A very strange feeling that is.