March 2016 Moms
Options

Stomach pains due March 25th

chanallechanalle member
edited January 2016 in March 2016 Moms
Is anyone else around 27/28 weeks pregnant and having strong stomach pains?
Feels really tender and sore. Strong heavy pain all around my stomach and then it will fade away and feel semi okay.... But then the strong pain will happen again. The odd sharp Pains happen on my stomach in random areas as well as low in my pelvic area. It hurts to press on my stomach majority of the time.
This has been on going for about a half hour.
Is this just from my uterus stretching ? Accommodating for the growing baby? i don't want to go to the hospital and have them tell me it's just my stomach stretching... I assume that's all they would say. I just want to know if anyone else is feeling this now that they are in their third trimester.

Re: Stomach pains due March 25th

• Options
    Lisa6083Lisa6083 member
    edited January 2016
    If it goes away, then comes back. It could be contractions. You should go to the E.R. just in case. I have round ligament pain, but it is a sudden sharp pain like a pulled muscle, that doesn't come back. You should at least call and get a nurse on duty's advice.
  • Options
    Same as pp, I get round ligament pain all the time but it only lasts a few seconds, maybe 10 max, and then goes away and stays away. Usually happens for me when I wake up or lay in one position too long then move. If you're experiencing reoccurring pains like that I'd go to the hospital just to be on the safe side. I haven't had any BH that I know of so I can't say if it could be those or not, but I've read that BH are pretty irregular in timing. Better safe than sorry and I can guarantee you won't be the first pregnant woman to go in for something that may end up being nothing!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It could be braxton hicks. Try laying down and drinking a few glasses of water. If the pains stop then that's more than likely what they are. They feel like a squeezing type pain and if you are dehydrated you can have several in a row. It's uncomfortable to touch my belly when I am having one and can also cause them to last a little longer if I do rub my belly.
  • Options
    @chanalle Any updates?  Did you go to the hospital or call the dr?  Sounds like contractions, maybe braxton hicks.  I have the same due date as you and I've been getting a lot of round ligament pain, but that's only on the lower sides of the belly, mostly right side.  And should only be s a few sharp pains and then go away.

I hope it was nothing serious!  I would have suggested drinking water and laying down like the other responses, or go to the hospital!

• Options
    I had the same thing happen to me on the same day. (We're also due the same day.) That's odd. I figured mine was a braxton hicks. Since it only happened once for me, I didn't figure I needed to go check that out (ERs are expensive, and we are poor)

However, if it happened multiple times for you, I hope you did go to the hospital for that. I also hope every thing is okay with you!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It could be Braxton hicks, or your baby might be stretching out! I've had both. My baby is still laying across my tummy and it hurts and gets very tight when he stretches. I'm hoping he turns head down soon!
  • Options
    I've been in hospital now since Tuesday with this, small bowel obstruction called by the moving baby - if it persists, go to your obgyn emergency, looks like I'm having surgery and possibly delivering my baby at 31 weeks
  • Options
    That was me yesterday. I went in just in case and turns out my external cervix is slightly dialated and the pain I was feeling which was spreading to my lower back and giving me braxton hicks were contractions. Does your OB have a triage department? Maybe you could call them.
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @amyid hope everything is okay!! Thoughts and prayers your way. Keep us posted :)
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    Definitely worth at least a call to the Dr. I'm having this as well (due March 16th) and I think it's a combo of a few things:

Braxton Hicks- in my experience, these are more of a tightening in the belly- with dd1 they were higher because I carried higher. With this girl they are lower. To me they're more like someone wringing out a washcloth in your belly whereas labor contractions were like menstrual/diarrhea cramps for me (unless you get back labor- that was more excessive lower back pain too). Everyone is different though.

Round ligament pain- as others said this is quicker and lower. Water helps.

Tender spots- this baby seems to stretch more and is more erratic in her movements than dd1 and there are certain spots in my belly that are pretty tender which my Dr says are due to her pushing on the same spots of soft tissue.

Overdoing it- I definitely feel a lot worse and sore, especially in the belly after a long day.

I'm not a Dr, this has just been my experience. I hope you feel better- it's really no fun!
  • Options
    @amyid yes please do keep us updated.  Best of luck to you and baby.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    @amyid hope the drs are able to keep you and baby safe. Please keep us updated!

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    @amyid got my fingers crossed for baby and you!
  • Options
    Congratulations @tyrio!  I hope all is well with you and LO!!!  Sending hugs!
  • Options
    Congratulations @tyrio wishing you and LO all the best.
  • Options
    CecilB93CecilB93 member
    edited January 2016
    Should we create a birth story/announcement thread?? I've seen it on other boards and we are hitting that point where things could happen and we could have some preemies...
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    CecilB93 said:

Should we create a birth story/announcement thread?? I've seen it on other boards and we are hitting that point where things could happen and we could have some preemies...

As happy as I am for people that have successful early deliveries, seeing stories about it still gives me anxiety. I'd honestly be afraid to read them because it'd stress me out this early.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I am due on the 27Th of March and I get these all the time it's just Ur ligaments stretching the baby is getting alot bigger so he or she is getting alot more cramped up in there so they don't have much space.
  • Options
    As happy as I am for people that have successful early deliveries, seeing stories about it still gives me anxiety. I'd honestly be afraid to read them because it'd stress me out this early.
    I feel like that comment falls along the same line as the girls who didn't want to hear about miscarriages, it happens and we should embrace those facing challenges and not just the ones that are healthy.  I hope that doesn't come off as harsh.
  • Options
    I feel like that comment falls along the same line as the girls who didn't want to hear about miscarriages, it happens and we should embrace those facing challenges and not just the ones that are healthy.  I hope that doesn't come off as harsh.
    I agree @bntfroggie I think we should be able to share those stories, they could help someone else with coping (need be)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    soxfan9968soxfan9968 member
    edited January 2016

CecilB93 said:

I agree @bntfroggie I think we should be able to share those stories, they could help someone else with coping (need be)

--------qbf----------

Oh no, I'm not saying don't start one. I'm ok with it. I understand the need to vent or share your joy/experience. I'm just saying I personally avoid those, usually. I think I'm just HEAVILY in disbelief that it's actually happening and people are starting to have babies.

Ps...yes, I do try to avoid the miscarriage threads to because they make me worry more. :(

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    tyrio said:

I hope everything is okay!
    I had very similar pains on Saturday 2nd jan and I left it until I couldn't stand it much longer and then went to my maternity assessment unit to be informed I was 10 cm dilated at 30+1 I would have been due 11th march. I gave birth to my (beautiful) little boy at 17.26 weighing 3lb 11oz after being seen at the assessment centre at 4.15. I hope all is well for you!

Congrats on the birth of your sweet boy!
  • Options
    Anyone want to start the thread? In the past it's usually been a place to link to your birth story thread - ie people write a thread for their birth story, then include the link to it on the general thread so people can go to the individual's thread for congrats and all the details.
  • Options
    --------qbf---------- Oh no, I'm not saying don't start one. I'm ok with it. I understand the need to vent or share your joy/experience. I'm just saying I personally avoid those, usually. I think I'm just HEAVILY in disbelief that it's actually happening and people are starting to have babies. Ps...yes, I do try to avoid the miscarriage threads to because they make me worry more. :(
    Thank you for explaining that.  That makes sense, I didn't mean to bring down the hammer I just thought you were putting the kibosh on people sharing their birth stories no matter how they turn out.  Honestly my blood is still boiling from the girls at the beginning of this journey saying not to post about miscarriages.
  • Options
    soxfan9968soxfan9968 member
    edited January 2016

--------qbf----------

Oh no, I'm not saying don't start one. I'm ok with it. I understand the need to vent or share your joy/experience. I'm just saying I personally avoid those, usually. I think I'm just HEAVILY in disbelief that it's actually happening and people are starting to have babies.

Ps...yes, I do try to avoid the miscarriage threads to because they make me worry more. :(

Thank you for explaining that.  That makes sense, I didn't mean to bring down the hammer I just thought you were putting the kibosh on people sharing their birth stories no matter how they turn out.  Honestly my blood is still boiling from the girls at the beginning of this journey saying not to post about miscarriages.

-----qbf-----

No worries ;) . Looking back at my post, I can see how it came off that way and that was definitely not my intention.

Eta: why the heck can I not quote properly today!?!

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    @soxfan9968 blame it on TB.  I'm having major issues too.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    smushi said:

Anyone want to start the thread? In the past it's usually been a place to link to your birth story thread - ie people write a thread for their birth story, then include the link to it on the general thread so people can go to the individual's thread for congrats and all the details.

That or I know the Jan 16 board just has everyone putting their store right there in the announcement thread but still enforcing the "no chatter" rule. Whichever works best for our BMB!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    Well I've been in the hospital for a week now, had surgery yesterday to remove scar tissue that was pushing on my stomach and uterus and now it's a road to recovery, healing a very large abdominal scar whilst growing a baby for another 8 weeks ! I'm so thankful that my baby didn't have to be delivered, she is still in there safe and growing, the hospital has her on a 20 minute monitor every few hours. If anyone especially those with previous abdominal scars start to have any discomfort or abdominal plain, please go and see your doctor - it's so important for you and baby !!!!
  • Options
    Wow I didn't see all these comments !! I ended up speaking to a friend who is four weeks ahead of me and she assured me they were Braxton hicks. She travelled to the hospital for them to tell her that. We live in a small town so I avoided driving the 40 minutes to the hospital and just figured they were braxtonhicks. I saw the doctor shortly after for an appointment and he said that's what they were! Crazy that @tyrio had similar pains and ended up giving birth !! and the explanation of dull pains / menstrual cramping being real labour scares me because i have that often ! I've got a low placenta - am having an ultrasound on Tuesday to see if it's moved - I'll be 30 weeks.. Who knows, maybe she's planning on arriving early! Eeeeek!
  • Options
    You sound like you're excited for her to come early.  I seriously hope not.  You do not want a preemie. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    CecilB93 said:
    That or I know the Jan 16 board just has everyone putting their store right there in the announcement thread but still enforcing the "no chatter" rule. Whichever works best for our BMB!
    Their 'stories' are only a few lines so it's pretty sad (to me).  I love reading the whole shebang, not just the quick and dirty.
  • Options
    I'm glad they're just BH contractions!  I share the same due date as you & I've been having them as well, along with ligament pain.