July 2015 Moms
Options

Not rolling over at all!

My LO is now 6 months old. She sits perfectly unassisted without falling and has started to stand while holding onto furniture.

All of that is awesome but what I don't understand is why she still won't roll over. She gets plenty of tummy time everyday but just refuses to do anything but lift her chest off of the ground.

Because she sits and stands well, I wasn't too worried about her reaching milestones but now that she's 6 months, I am getting a little panicky.

Am I warranted in feeling this way? I know that babies develope at their own pace but is my kid going to be able to run before she even rolls over?!

Re: Not rolling over at all!

• Options
    My LO is a little different. She CAN roll over, because I've seen her do it lots. She rolled from tummy to back starting at 4 months and was doing that consistently. She has also rolled back to tummy a few times. But, the last week, she just stopped doing either. It's like she doesn't really want to. She can sit up really good and she does mini push ups like a champ now. But, when we put her on her back to practice rolling, she cries. She is only happy when she's sitting up or when we're holding her up to stand.

Her physical therapist thinks it's a motivation thing for my LO. She'll do it when she wants to...she just doesn't feel the need to do it.

Anyway, good luck with your LO. Talk to her dr but I'm sure she'll be just fine!
  • Options
    I agree with the motivation. My LO was early flipper. She flipped from stomach to back at 3 weeks old. After doing it 3 times, she just stopped. At her 2 month appointment the doctor wasn't worried since she was early. Now she knows both ways but won't always do it. Since your girl is doing good in other physical areas I wouldn't worry yet. She might just want your help for a little longer.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daughter is 6 1/2 months and not rolling and not quite sitting up on her own yet, but likes to sit up. Since birth she has been seeing a OT and a PT. They said that some babies don't like to roll, and don't like the movement. It would be more concerning if you child does not want it sit up but rolls then if your child sits up and does not want to roll. It is a position that some just don't like. There are exercises that you cons do to help your child get the idea of rotating.
  • Options
    My LO doesn't like to roll. She'll roll back to tummy but not tummy to back which is weird bc apparently tummy to back is the first thing they do, she's only done it about 2 times. She is 6 months and wants to sit, but she can't sit unassisted, she'll fall forward or to the side eventually. She gets so mad if we lay her down because she wants to sit up but can't on her own just yet! Your LO is ahead of the game looks like to me, especially if she wants to stand up! And I also read that if baby doesn't want to roll but wants to sit all is fine!
  • Options
    LO can roll both ways but like some others, he doesnt like to. We put him down for tummy time and sometimes it goes over well and other times not at all. He loves to be sitting up or standing as well. He enjoys his johnny jumper the most but we also have a little tikes walker that he likes standing it as well. 
  • Options
    Our LO also *can* roll but doesn't. We've seen him do it but whenever we do tummy time on the floor and try to get him to roll he just screams. Still. We does better propped up on a cylinder pillow but it doesn't really promote rolling. He also still needs assistance sitting, he'll start strong but then will fall forward or goes over on his side. Little guy needs more core strength. I think it's cause he's so small, 13-14 lbs at 6 months. And doesn't help that I just carry him around and never put him down on nights/weekends when we're at home.
  • Options
    My baby is kinda like Derick Zoolander
    Except she can ONLY turn left.
  • Options
    Mine is the same way! She sits up and can support her own weight standing, but has only rolled from front to back once (a couple months ago) and never from back to front.
  • Options
    At our last appointment he wasn't rolling over yet. Dr said not to worry because he's on the larger side, sometimes it just takes them longer. He sits unassisted 75% of the time and loves to stand in his jumper. I'm sure it isn't a lack of core strength, just a lack of motivation.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My baby is kinda like Derick Zoolander
    Except she can ONLY turn left.

Mine definitely has a side preference as well. She likes to turn right and is pretty good at it. It's a struggle to turn left. And, even then it ends in tears when she finally does it.