August 2016 Moms

Anyone using MFM?

I will be seeing MFM for my entire pregnancy and had my first appointment on Tues.  It was very clinical and kinda cold feeling.  I felt herded from room to room between "fellow" and "doctors".  No one even asked how was I doing or feeling or any of that touchy feely kinda stuff.  I am assuming this is normal for MFM and their job is to keep me/baby healthy and they don't all that warm fuzzy stuff.  Did anyone else have a similar experience with their MFM doc?

I am not complaining as I know I will get the best care for myself, and I would much rather them focus on my health, but a little more personal/warm and inviting feel would have been twice.  

Re: Anyone using MFM?

• I have MFM, it's a long story how I ended up there but they're a great group. I don't get a ton of touchy feely from them, but my doctor definitely takes the time to connect with me and check in with how I am doing. Maybe some of the other docs in the practice have warmer personalities? I know I started with one who was kind of a cold fish and moved over to one of her colleagues who is wonderful.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • A cold fish!!  Ha ha!!  I guess that's the other thing I forgot to mention.  There are 30 doctors and don't have anyone "assigned" to me.  So it's a crap-shoot who I see for each appointment.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a MFM and I feel that he is very personal. However, I work with tons of doctors and sometimes bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. It wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion if you aren't comfortable.
  • **tw**
    mine is wonderful! The very first time I saw her was my a/s with my dd. She was very blah. But the next time when she confirmed the issue and every time after she was wonderful. I love her and trust her completely. She has called me at home. When i went to her to confirm my mc, she spoke to me like I was human and told me that I could go home and she would check in a week but she asked me what I felt as a woman and a mother and how I felt. She kept me out of the hospital at the end of my pregnancy with my daughter and told me she would see me as often as I wanted.

Sorry that was long winded, but my point is that if you're not feeling it, find someone that makes you comfortable. If yor seeing an mfm you're high risk and that's stressful enough. Find someone that you click with.
  • I still go to my regular midwife appointments but also go to MFM for appointments. But I won't start that until 20ish weeks. I have 4 pre term babies and with one of my girls I was on hospital bedrest for a month at 27 weeks because my cervix was paper thin and I was starting to dilate.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Yes I only see mfm. I'm very sad though my last two pregnancy which were a success might I add, I seen a wonderful mfm. Loved her she was very caring and always listened to my needs great Dr but when I got pregnant this go around I found out she just retired. Awww so sad I now see a group of mfm there is 17 in the practice. So far I've only been once told her all my concerns and she acted like she cared but it felt so cold no personal relationship what so ever. Now I've been racking my brain thinking I should of asked what there plan is for me instead of telling her how I felt. Now I have no idea if they even do things the same as my old dr. Sorry venting. I go next week to see them so I will ask and I have incompetent cervix so I will also be getting my stitch at the end of the month.