September 2016 Moms

Last Baby

Is anyone else here pregnant with their last baby? This will be baby #3 for us, and although we aren't doing anything permanent to prevent future pregnancies, this is most likely the last for us. We've talked about a possible fourth baby and we are both open to waiting until this LO is 1 or 2 to officially call it quits, but a 4th baby would be pushing it financially as well as mentally for me. I'm just not sure I'm up for the challenge of 4 kids. Anyway, the thought of this potentially being the last baby is very bittersweet for me. I find myself thinking about all of the "first lasts" with this pregnancy/baby and it's such an odd feeling. I enjoy being pregnant (for the most part) and I love the newborn stage, so it's kind of sad to think about it coming to an end. Can anyone else relate?

Re: Last Baby

• This is only my second pregnancy and baby but Ive always wanted just 2 kiddos.  I may change my mind in a few years but I feel like 2 is manageable financially & mentally, and 3 would would be too much for us.  I want to continue to work PT and I travel frequently.  I also like having a small house and car and do not want to have to live in & maintain a giant house and drive a small bus everywhere!! Also, my mom (after a few glasses of wine  :D ) encouraged me to stop at two.  Theres 3 in our family, i'm in the middle and DH, hes the oldest.  Of course I say this now, and Ill probably end up with 4!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• This will be my second and last baby. I am very nostalgic about it too. I want to enjoy every moment. I'm already sad thinking that this will be the last time I am ever pregnant. It's a weird thought for sure.
    Me: 29 DH: 29

5/13 Married

8/13 DD

9/16 DS

• Loading the player...
  • This is our third and last.  My husband jokes about us having one more, but I don't think we could mentally handle a 4th!  I am stay at home mom, as well as the fact that we homeschool. I don't think I could homeschool four!  

I'm excited to be pregnant again though.  When we had our second, we were 80% sure we were done there.  Luckily we didn't do anything drastic, since we obviously changed our minds!!  

I'm sure when I get further along, like starting to feel kicks again, that I will be a bit nostalgic!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~Big Sister (3) and Big Brother (5)~

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This is our 3rd pregnancy but will be our 2nd baby. We plan on being done. We both feel 100% about this decision but we are younger so we won't be doing me anything permanent.
  • I wonder if I will ever enter a pregnancy planning for it to be my last. Right now I'm entering pregnancy #4 for baby #3 and I would love to do this at least 2 more times. (minus the puking. I hate the puking.)
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    DS1 9.2016 - vbac, team green
    Baby #4 due 9.2018
  • Yes this is our last baby and I will be getting my tubes tied during my c/s.  I was actually suppose to get them done on the 28th of this month but SURPRISE! haha This will be #4 for us.  We have 3 boys. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • This may be an unpopular opinion. But this will be my first and last child. DH and I have always just wanted an only child. He/She will have plenty of cousins though!
    BFP #1  6/26/15, D&C 8/14/15
    BFP #2  12/22/15, EDD 9/1/16  :)
  • DH says this is our last but I'm not ready to make that decision. I know in my heart that I would love to have a third child - but I'm also realistic about what that may mean financially and in terms of our sanity so I want to see how having a second goes first. It saddens me a little that to DH this is it...and if that's the case, then these are my last firsts...but I can't wrap my head around that because I'm just not there yet! :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've heard from so many that they just knew in their heart when they were done, and the decision was 100% clear. For me, I can't say with certainty that I feel done. I guess we will just wait and see.
  • This will probably be our last, but who knows...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• This is our third and it took us four years to decide to have this one. He/she will definitely be our last!
  • This is most likely our last. My husband and I both come from families of four. I would love a fourth, but we are getting older (I'll be 36 when I have this baby) and finances are always a concern. These pregnancies are tough on me, too. I've had migraines since I was 10. They always get crazy in the first Tri. I'm useless when one hits. Having migraines with 2 kids and not being able to take anything besides Tylenol is horrible. I don't know that I'd be able to go through that again. I'm acting as though it's our last. It's kind of sad.
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• This one is our last. I've never wanted more than 2. Although, I will say, we were getting pretty comfortable with only having one. But, the good Lord apparently held me to my word. The day DS was born i said If we did have a 2nd, it would be 5 years or more later. Well, SURPRISE! Exactly 5 years later.
  • Unless we win the lottery, this will be our last as well. Definitely feels different this time knowing that we won't get to go through any of this again. It's going to be much harder watching this little one grow up than his/her big brother.
  • This is baby #2 and a good chance will be our last - though I've always pictured myself having 3, I'm just not sure.  I've been so happy over the past year as my son has moved to new milestones I think because I knew/hoped he wouldn't be our last.  When it is our last it's going to be harder to see them grow up so fast! Eek!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • AnnaS930 said:

This is baby #2 and a good chance will be our last - though I've always pictured myself having 3, I'm just not sure.  I've been so happy over the past year as my son has moved to new milestones I think because I knew/hoped he wouldn't be our last.  When it is our last it's going to be harder to see them grow up so fast! Eek!

This exactly. Watching #1 grow up was really fun but this one will be harder.
  • This is my last. My DH would love 3 but I'm pretty sure we're done once we have 2 kids. Our lifestyle would be really tough with three. We live downtown in a major city so expenses would just be too tight with 3.

• This is #2, and there's a good chance it's our last. I have always wanted 3, but DH isn't totally on board for a third. I'm also starting to question the financial responsibility of 3 and whether I want to possibly be AMA during the third. We aren't going to do anything permanent, but I'm still treating this one like it's my last pregnancy. It makes it all feel very bittersweet.

• This is #3 for us and we are definetly done. We both decided we didn't want more than three so I will get my tubes tied while in the hospital with this one.
  • This is #3 for us and our last. We were trying for #3 earlier in the year but it just never happened so a few months ago we decided that we were happy with the two we have and didn't desire a third anymore. Well behold, I find out in pregnant a few days ago
  • This is my fourth and last baby. I have a 6 year old, a 3 year old, and a 1 year old. (all girls!)
    My last pregnancy was very difficult for me mentally and emotionally. I suffered PPD after each of my children and it got worse with each one. I'm currently doing research on tubal ligation and will be consulting my doctor about it further into my pregnancy.
  • This will probably be it for us, even though it'll be our first time being parents, since we're having twins.  I've always envisioned myself having two kids (a boy and a girl in my childhood fantasies, although we'll see what we get) and even though it makes me sad to think that this will be a "one and done" thing for me (pregnancy-wise), I think it's probably the right decision.  

My mom seems to think I'll change my mind and who knows, maybe we will have another, but I can't see us having more than three.  That would be unimaginable to me.  I come from a two child family and so does my husband (my mom has three siblings and my dad has eight; DH's parents both have three siblings, IIRC).  DH, as of now, is against having a third.  I doubt he'll change his mind, but who knows.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• mrtmrt member
    This is our third and last. We'll probably do something permanent to prevent pregnancy after this. We have two boys, and my husband is hoping for a girl. Three boys would be awesome, too.... Crazy, but awesome.
  • Only our second but we agree that two is all we want. My daughter is enough work by herself. I'm already freaking out about adding a newborn to her toddler craziness. Couldn't imagine life where the children outnumber the parents. Lots of props to those with more than two children.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH and I just chatted about this today. It turns out we both feel like a second kiddo will complete our family...but we want to keep the door open for more. After this one, we probably won't do anything permanent to prevent, but we probably won't actively try either. So, I'm going into this pregnancy as if this is my last...and if it turns out not to be, then bonus! :)