July 2016 Moms

Cramps returning?

Just today I've been feeling cramps very similar to AF on/off throughout the day. I was just walking for quite a bit at the zoo for an NYE event for my roomies kiddo. No blood of spotting thank goodness. I'm sure this is normal but I'm still a bit worried about it, being a worry wart as is. I'm 14 weeks today. Is this growing pains? Any insight helps!
Image result for jackson april gif baby

Re: Cramps returning?

• Sounds like someone can be dehydrated? Just a thought
  • Sounds like someone can be dehydrated? Just a thought

I've been downing water today, but very very possible! I struggle so much drinking enough water in general. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with @dolewhipper when I've had it it's been when I haven't drunk enough water. Also I'm getting them but in my lower back I think everything is just shifting and growing.
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Thanks ladies. I just refilled my glass so hopefully this helps resolve it. :)
  • Ive also noticed the more I'm on my feet the more sore my lower back is might be similar to
    Yours doing lots of walking ?

• trucksntutustrucksntutus member
    edited December 2015
    Yep, walking around the zoo today. We were only there a couple of hours but I was ready to go at that point and was only sipping on the water bottle I had with me. A little bit of lower back pain but once I lay down it usually subsides .
  • I'm agreeing with PP's. I notice I cramp more when I haven't had enough water, and when I'm more active. Try to take it easy tonight! Hope it lets up soon.
  • Thanks for the advice ladies! I've been relaxing at home since we got back, and finished two big glasses of water. Cramps have definitely lessened. And my NYE plans are to continue this activity. :)
  • hallgire said:

Thanks for the advice ladies! I've been relaxing at home since we got back, and finished two big glasses of water. Cramps have definitely lessened. And my NYE plans are to continue this activity. :)

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

• I am indeed, thanks @Lindsayleigh1989. After thinking about it realize while I was out yesterday I also drank a soda that contained some caffeine, so that could have also assisted in the cramping / dehydration. My cramps have significantly lessened today, although I'm now having a little bit of back pain. I already drank 1.5 liters of water today, and no more caffeine for this girl. (Sad day, I love caffeinated drinks.)
  • I'm working on water today myself but is just not tasting good haha I just want a big Diet Coke!

• How are you today?
  • Feeling better @BostonBaby1 ; thanks for asking! :) Just a mild back ache but no more cramps.
  • hallgire said:

Feeling better @BostonBaby1 ; thanks for asking! :) Just a mild back ache but no more cramps.

Do you like baths? I've found they help dull the ache for awhile I took 3 of them today haha!

• trucksntutustrucksntutus member
    edited January 2016
    I used to not care for baths, but recently I have started taking them more @Lindsayleigh1989 - they make me sleepy though!
  • Add essential oil or bubble bath and I'm out haha I've taken a few midnight baths when the pains been there and it's helped so much ! Snacks in the tub are also a plus ;)

• Ohhh yeah, snackin' and Netflix in the tub! :D
  • UPDATE: So the backaches are still here, cramps have lessened immensely, but I did call my dr and informed her about what's going on and she wants me to come in just to be sure everything is okay. I have a history of throwing out my back and that's kind of what it feels like, or I just tweaked something. I'm sure it's fine, but I'm all kinds of nervous, just as I am before literally every apt I go to. Wish me luck ladies! I'm sure going in will ease my mind more than anything.
  • Good luck im sure everything is fine. I just started getting back pain and a pain in my lower stomach today so hoping everything is okay too. I have an appt next week previously scheduled so...lets see.
  • @hallgire hope you get some answers and relief! Let us know how it goes!

• I get cramps once a month around the time I would be starting. I've done it through 6 pregnancies so far.
  • I get cramps once a month around the time I would be starting. I've done it through 6 pregnancies so far.

Yikes!! Wow, you're awesome.. six times!? I'm a FTM and already a worry wart as is, and I question every little ache, pain and twinge. I have a problem of thinking "worst case scenario" all the time... I need to stop somehow.
  • @hallgire Let us know what the Dr. says! I'm sure everything is probably fine! I'm a FTM too so I also worry about every little thing. Trying to get better about it but the struggle is real!
  • I just had a check up yesterday at 14w3d and my doctor explained to me that as the uterus squeezes through the pelvic bones to become an abdominal organ (vs. a pelvic organ) it is normal to get cramps around this time for a couple of weeks. I wasn't even experiencing cramps, he was just warning me so I knew what to expect.

Hope this helps you and anyone else!
  • I'm new to the bump and am not sure how to quote someones reply...sorry.

Someone mentioned essential oils in the bath, from what I know we need to be very careful using essential oils esp during early pregnancy (because they're so concentrated). I love essential oils but have been unsure what I can use. Hoping to do some more research. Maybe someone else has some input?
  • hallgire said:

I get cramps once a month around the time I would be starting. I've done it through 6 pregnancies so far.

Yikes!! Wow, you're awesome.. six times!? I'm a FTM and already a worry wart as is, and I question every little ache, pain and twinge. I have a problem of thinking "worst case scenario" all the time... I need to stop somehow.

I actually worry more now than with my first thanks to Google. lol
  • amyspohr said:

I'm new to the bump and am not sure how to quote someones reply...sorry.

Someone mentioned essential oils in the bath, from what I know we need to be very careful using essential oils esp during early pregnancy (because they're so concentrated). I love essential oils but have been unsure what I can use. Hoping to do some more research. Maybe someone else has some input?

Certain oils are fine such as Peppermint and Lavendar and totally fine In a bath it's not suggested you take orally and if used topically use a carrier oil such as coconut oil

• Hello! Im 15 weeks this Saturday and yesterday and the day before felt AF type cramps, one felt like a muscle was bending in my abdomen! I am a worrier too so I called the Dr and they had me come in. Turns out my white cell infection whatever in the urine sample was indicative of a bladder infection. Apparently in pregnancy, symptoms of a bladder infection can be cramping without burning urine. Was also very dehydrated! Hope this helps!
  • I had horrible cramps and backache last night that woke me up. Continued all day. Doc said to drink water and take Tylenol and call if it got worse. It has lessened up some. This is my third pregnancy so in shocked how painful these cramps were. Like fetal position almost in tears. I love baths but I'm renting an apartment and the bath is peeling(like they recoated it and it's a sucky bath) so I won't take a bath in it. :(