June 2016 Moms

Thursday Check-In

How far along are you?

Rant/Rave/Symptoms?

What are you doing to prepare for baby?

Questions?

GTKY: (stolen from TTGP) What family recipe do you hope to pass onto your children one day?

Re: Thursday Check-In

• Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies!! Life is calming down a bit (for about a 2 days) and then we are busy busy again. But before you know it we will be half way there. That's exciting!

How far along are you? 17, 5

Rant/Rave/Symptoms? Sharp pains (pelvic region) started in the last 48 hours. Boobs won't stop growing. Which should be no surprise but my frame can't support them and I'm having back pain plus it's messing with my arthritis in my neck. But feeling a whole lot better compared to the first Tri!

Oh and a coworker gave me shit today for drinking coffee. Ugh mind yo business.

My sis in law is giving me everything-books, clothes, baby gear. We are going to visit daycares in the next week or so.

GTKY: (stolen from TTGP) What family recipe do you hope to pass onto your children one day?
    All of my grandmothers recipes. I have a few handwritten that I have framed for the kitchen but that woman is a true cook!
  • Good morning ladies
    @Kballew10 I feel lucky to be Canadian when it comes to mat leave for sure.
    @HighFive16 I hear you on the symptoms.  I'm still nauseated so often and it's really bringing me down at work.
    @crdo I had a mostly-no-nausea day yesterday- at least until 3pm ish.  It made me realize how much easier everything is when you don't feel like puking.

How far along are you? 15w5d

Rant/Rave/Symptoms?
    STUPID NAUSEA!!!  That's it.  I slept well, but I'm finding it so unpleasant to be at work feeling so crappy for the millionth time.  I can work, I do work, I fake it, but blaaah.  I'm considering upping my diclectin but even just one pill every night makes me uber groggy in the mornings.
    At least I have my big shaggy dog with me in the office today to give me a burst of cuteness.  
    Rave: Our new couch arrived this morning.  My hubs sent me a pic and it looks great.  Can't wait to get home and recline that bad boy.

GTKY: (stolen from TTGP) What family recipe do you hope to pass onto your children one day?  My mom makes a mean soda bread that is easy and always impresses people.  I personally make a stellar peanut sauce that is my signature recipe but this pregnancy I've had a major aversion to it. 
  • @SMLmom: That's rude of your MS to just show up all sneaky like in the afternoon! No bueno. It totally makes focusing and being productive more difficult. Congrats on the new couch!

@mkemommy:
    My boob pain is so far confined to my nips--just a little soreness. My first thought for yours is that it's just a consequence of growing? Sounds a little annoying though. Sorry lady!

1000× YES to the reno timeline shiz. Seriously, how hard is it to get on one of those makeover shows and they just magically do the damn thing in 3 days?!
  • @crdo Are you fed up with renovations yet?  I am SO tired of my house being torn up but I know I only have 6 weeks left.  

@mrsschmity Sorry you are having a blah day.  I had one of those cranky days yesterday and it sucked!  

How far along are you? 15+6

Rant/Rave/Symptoms? Rant - SO and I are having some disagreements on the renovations.  DS wants to stay in his current room which would put LO in the room on Northern most end of the house.  I don't want to move DS if he is comfortable where he is but SO thinks we need to make him move so it won't be drafty in LO's room.  We are at odds!  Rave - LO has been active this morning.  This is the most I have felt her move, she's been popping around in there for 20 minutes or so.  Symptoms haven't really changed.  Still achy and exhausted.

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Renovations, crib/furniture shopping, starting registry, buying too much yarn.

Questions?  None

My grandmothers sweet potato pie, buttermilk pie, and buttermilk biscuits.  YUM!  Now I'm hungry!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• @JonesBaby0624: Yep, kinda tired of the projects. We bought this house because it had great bones and the layout we wanted, just needed lots of cosmetic work. So, we fully intended to put in the work, but I'm tired after 2 years of projects. We've saved so much $ doing most of it ourselves, gotten what we wanted, and learned BOATLOADS along the way, which is all great. Just ready to check this last major construction project off for a while and relax.

6 weeks and counting to a lovely new home for you! Hang tough, lady. Gotta keep telling each other it's all worth it in the end, right?
  • @KOR121 I have coffee daily too :smile: There is a limit for a reason.  So that you can have some darn coffee.

How far along are you?18w6d

Rant/Rave/Symptoms? I really lost my patience with my 2yo DS last night.  Luckily my DH was around so I didn't pull all my hair out.  I also fell asleep early, then moved from the couch to my bed at like 11pm and couldn't fall back asleep after my nice nap.  So I am tired today.

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Opened my STM Amazon registry...

Questions?

GTKY: (stolen from TTGP) What family recipe do you hope to pass onto your children one day? We have quite a few, Molasses Crinkle cookies, german potato salad, pannekoekens and berry sauce... I am starving!
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• @crdo 2 years?!?  That makes me feel bad for whining about my 6 weeks.  We really need to get a bigger house but this is what I could afford when I got divorced.  2000 sq feet doesn't really fit two adults, a growing 10 year old boy, a new baby, and 3 pets.  I guess we will get settled in and go from there.  We will definitely have to keep each other going because the it will be SO worth it in the end.

• @crdo 2 years?!?  That makes me feel bad for whining about my 6 weeks.  We really need to get a bigger house but this is what I could afford when I got divorced.  2000 sq feet doesn't really fit two adults, a growing 10 year old boy, a new baby, and 3 pets.  I guess we will get settled in and go from there.  We will definitely have to keep each other going because the it will be SO worth it in the end.

Ha, well, we didn't rip down walls or do anything (so far) that required weeks of intense construction in our living spaces.

You gotta do what you gotta do to make your space work! Sounds like you're doing just that.
  • How far along are you? I'm 16w-1d today

Rants/races/symptoms. Honestly the only thing I'm feeling today is a wicked migraine was up all night with it on and off. It's been like this for two days, made it through work yesterday but this morning I was so tired I told them I wouldn't be in till noon. Oh found out why hubby hasn't been sleeping, apparently he's so nervous to move around cause he doesn't want to accidently kick me and hurt the baby. So we both look like zombies.

What are you doing to prepare? So far not too much actually, we are starting to recieve packages of baby clothes from family which is super cute and I'm crocheting a blanket. We hope to find out the sex next week so then we can look at room colours.

No family recipes :( my parents believed in experiments for diner lol my band did a mean bbq tho so we will teach the peanut that!

Have a great day ladies this kids going to refresh her cold cloth and back to bed.
  • How far along are you? 15+5

Rant/Rave/Symptoms? I want to feel the baby move but I know I probably still have a while! Every time I feel any gas or muscle twitches I pretend it's baby lol. Symptoms include back pain and found out last night that RLP is a total b****. We had our doctor appointment yesterday and baby's heartbeat sounded nice and strong! Next appointment is the anatomy scan to make sure baby is healthy and possibly find out boy or girl (pending baby's cooperation)

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Umm not a whole lot yet besides being excited and eating all the food

Questions? None right now but I might think of one after I post this that's usually how my brain works

GTKY: (stolen from TTGP) What family recipe do you hope to pass onto your children one day? My mom's enchilada recipe! I mean it's really plain and not a family recipe or anything but I love it lol
  • How far along are you?
    15 + 5

Rant/Rave/Symptoms?
    My back is killing me.

Prenatal water yoga starts tonight!

My Grandma makes an amazing gravy that I've learned to make. I'll pass that on. That's all I can think of at the moment...I'm too tired today.
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • How far along are you? 16w

Rant/Rave/Symptoms?  Congestion and Constipation (TMI, sorry). 

What are you doing to prepare for baby?  Nothing really until we have the ultrasound in a month to find out the gender of the baby

Questions?

GTKY: (stolen from TTGP) What family recipe do you hope to pass onto your children one day? My grandmother's apple pie recipe is sooooo good!!
  • @DeePaddy24 have fun at yoga!  That sounds really fun.  It'll be good for you and baby.  You've inspired me to look at prenatal yoga in my area.  I liked the place I went before but it was certainly pricey.
    @MrsB8214 I'm feeling the baby most days now but on my first pregnancy it wasn't till around 17 weeks.  I don't know what makes the difference the second time around but it's definitely fun when it starts. 
  • @SMLmom that's so exciting!! I can't wait to feel him/her move!! I think they say you feel it earlier with second+ babies because you know what it feels like instead of just thinking it's a muscle twitch or gas or something
  • ow far along are you? 17w5d

Rant/Rave/Symptoms? I'm feeling pretty good other than this freaking cold that won't go away.

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Getting a play room for DD set up so I can have the nursery back from her toys and working on setting up some registries.

Questions? Nope.

GTKY: (stolen from TTGP) What family recipe do you hope to pass onto your children one day? The roll-out cookies my family makes every Christmas.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
  • How far along are you? 18 weeks and 1 day

Rant/Rave/Symptoms? None today :)

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Just waiting for our AS next week to confirm its a girl then we are going to register. We found out it's a girl at 14 weeks but we want to confirm it at the AS before we buy anything or register.

Questions? Anyone take baths while pregnant? They help with my tension headaches a lot but I get nervous about the water temperature. I thought about getting a thermometer to double check that the water temperature is safe. I keep the bath water warm but not hot. Anyone else take baths, how do you ensure the water isn't too hot? Maybe I'm just paranoid idk

GTKY: (stolen from TTGP) What family recipe do you hope to pass onto your children one day? None really lol
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• @Jerseygirl9090 I love my baths!  I asked my OB about it because I hadn't had one for the first trimester and was worried.  She said it was fine, even with my husband in the room saying "she takes SCALDING baths" (wimp).  I don't make them as hot as I'd like (I check that the immersed skin doesn't look more red than the other skin when I take it out) but they are still nice and warm.  I love them.  I bathed throughout my first pregnancy too (though maybe not the first tri?  I forget...).  
  • @Jerseygirl9090 - I wish I could take a bath right now (we are doing a bathroom reno).  I took them before the reno and my doctor a-ok'd it and told me I would know if the bathwater was too hot if I got too hot and dizzy.  She told me anything that is going to negatively impact the baby is going to negatively impact me first and that is nature's way of telling you to stop.  I kept the water warm but not hot.  I can't wait for our bathroom reno to be done so I can resume taking baths.  
  • @MrsB8214 I didn't feel a lot of movement with my first this early on.  This sweet girl is going like crazy in there though.  You will feel it soon and you will LOVE it!

• Okay good now I don't feel as bad when I take baths lol my husband is really paranoid about it. I feel fine when I'm in the bath tub and I use the rule as long as I can get right in and don't have to ease myself in then the water is fine. I don't use bubble bath or salts because I read those can be bad for you though :-(
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• @jerseygirl9090 - Why are bubble bath and salts bad?  I had never heard that.  Honestly, I feel like everything is "bad" in pregnancy on Google.  
  • @mrsschmity I had really sore nips for a long time, but they are starting to feel a little less sore (either that, or I'm just used to it by now.) And my boobs are itchy, too...I guess from getting bigger/skin stretching.

@KOR121and @mkemommy ugh, I cannot STAND when people give other people crap for ingesting what is considered to be an acceptable amount of caffeine during pregnancy. I went to a Starbucks with my DH during my last pregnancy and when I was holding a small coffee, some old dude actually shook his head in disgust at me. I was livid. 

@Kballew10  that soup sounds sooo good.

How far along are you? 19 weeks today!

Rant/Rave/Symptoms? We had the "big ultrasound" today and we are having another little girl! We are thrilled. I am excited for my DD to have a sister. I never had a sister and I always thought that relationship seemed really special.

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Well, now everything seems pretty simple! Just gotta organize the clothing and get the nursery together bit by bit. No rush.

Questions? Nope

GTKY: (stolen from TTGP) What family recipe do you hope to pass onto your children one day?  Hm...I love this question, because of my deep-rooted love for food. There are so many recipes I love, but not really a lot of "family recipes." I guess I would want to show them how to make a good pot roast with roasted carrots/celery/potatoes/onions. My mom showed me that. And maybe homemade biscuits, and apple pancakes. Okay...now I'm super hungry.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm SO late to the check-in party.  It's been a really busy day.  Short at work and trying to finish my bean soup.  It takes like 3 days to make it.  I'm not going to respond to each post but I read every bit of everyone's day and I'm so happy we have such a great BMB.  I'm glad we are in June!

How far along are you? 15+5

Rant/Rave/Symptoms? BM says she's feeling sprout a ton, today it was bouncing on her cervix and made her laugh.  I can't wait until we can feel it from the outside!  Me on the other hand am exhausted.  I think I'm just stressed out from work and I'm upset that I will only have a couple weeks off when baby is born because I won't get paid leave.  If I were delivering, I could take up to 12 wks on STD but since we are adopting I will only have enough PTO saved for about 3 wks off.  I'm pretty sure DH is going to only work weekends once baby is here so he will be a SAHD and go back to school FT for the first year or so.  I'm glad we are able to do that but sad that I will miss a lot too.

What are you doing to prepare for baby?  Still researching baby gear and playing with registries.  We are really hoping our OB will be able to tell us the sex next Wednesday, we'll be 16+4.

Questions? none

GTKY: (stolen from TTGP) What family recipe do you hope to pass onto your children one day?  My God-Mother's butter mint recipe.  They melt in your mouth and I just LOVE them.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Yay for moving babies!! So exciting! 

• @Love4Labs326 I'm so sorry you can't get more PTO. I can totally understand how hard that would be. It is truly great that your DH is going to be the one home with the baby during the week.  That will make leaving to go back to work much easier, I bet. Still hard, though, of course.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mkemommy good point!  This pregnancy, I keep a list of "is it really bad?" things and ask my (very experienced) OB. She's given the thumbs up to a few things that google had me worried about.
  • @Love4Labs326 I'm sorry you don't get more time off. That's really unfair. It shouldn't matter if you're the BM, the time off is supposed to be for taking care of baby! Please, all of you, move up here to Canada! :)