June 2016 Moms

Prayers needed for friends little one-- NPR

One of my friends welcomed twins into the world 6 weeks ago!  Such an exciting time in their lives, or so you would think.  Their little boy, James, became sick after 2.5 weeks in the NICU and 48 hrs at home he suffered extreme dehydration which formed blood clots in his brain.  The clots plugged every vein in use and even the unused veins, and he suffered a massive stroke and faces major brain damage as a result. It is still unsure the extent of the damage and the challenges he will face growing up.  The week before Christmas, and only a month old, he underwent brain surgery to have a valve placed in his right frontal cortex which will then be tapped everyday to remove up to 10ml of fluid.  He was stable, but then a few days ago they found blood in his stool and believe he has a stomach infection.  This poor  little one and his family could use all the prayers in the world right now!  It breaks my heart with every update.  James is at the Children's Hospital 2 hours away.   They have a 2 year old little boy and their new little girl at home; so that means they are spending a lot of time apart right now. I wanted to share so that more people could add them to your prayer chain.  This group is so wonderful and supportive!  I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sending up a quick prayer for them.

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Prayers needed for friends little one-- NPR