Pregnant after IF

*** 3rd Tri Checkin 01/04/2016 ***

This is a weekly check in for the lucky ones who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in 3rd tri along with any appointment updates.

QOTW: How did you ring in 2016?

3rd Tri ladies and littles

@somewhereinafrica EDD 1/8/2016 Team Blue
@andimegie325 EDD 1/10/2016 Team Blue
@marnief EDD 1/12/2016 Team Pink
@emcarl24 EDD 1/21/2016 Team Blue

@potatocastillo EDD 2/1 Team Pink
@knottie4978096 EDD 2/2/16 Team Blue
@shelley333 EDD 2/3/16 Team Green
@hopes4baby eviction notice 2/8/16 Team Double Pink
@jeannaqueena EDD 2/21/16 Team Pink

@mrsloriw EDD 3/11/16 Team Pink
Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
TTC #2 since Feb 2015
BFP 5/4/15

Re: *** 3rd Tri Checkin 01/04/2016 ***

• Rib pain. Back pain. Hip pain. Groin pain. Everything sore. So tired tired tired!  Blarg.  39 weeks tomorrow, had my weekly checkup today with a doc who shares office space with my doc (my doc's on vaca this week).  She said I'm "between 1 and 2 cm dilated" and I said my doc had told me I was at 1.5cm last week and the week before, so she amended to, "maybe more like 2cm."  But very little progress, and probably nothing will happen this week.  Which makes my hubby happy, he is really hoping Yoda will wait until my regular doc is back from vaca next week.  I am exhausted and cranky and ready to move onto the next stage.  Of course I want baby girl to keep cooking and come out when she is ready but I would give almost anything for anti-inflammatories (Tylenol is about as effective as Skittles, IMHO) and a long hot bath.

Sorry for the crankiness!

QOTW: We took DD1 with us to an Ethiopian restaurant for New Year's Eve - dinner at 5.45 to accommodate her schedule - and had a lot of fun.  Came home, put her to bed, hung out on the couch with our iThings, very chill evening.  I had a half-glass of wine, the most I've had during this pregnancy.  (I've had the odd sip of wine or scotch, but never more than 2 sips.)  We were in bed around 10, I think, and before we fell asleep I said, "we never had a countdown or a NYE kiss!"  So we simply started a countdown (at maybe 10.13pm) and had a kiss and it was very amusing.  :)
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Hello, lovely 3rd Tri ladies! I am officially in my 28th week and recently graduated from the 2nd Tri board.

I have one little boy bean due March 25, and things are going great. Tonight we start our birth class series, and I'm so excited! All is well, health-wise, and I hope to get the results of my Glucose Tolerance Test back soon.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Me: 35 DOR - AMH 1.1 FSH 5.6

DH: 39

09/01/10 - First pregnancy - my sweet son was born 

04/25/14 - Miscarriage at 9 weeks - Turner Syndrome 

08/01/14 - Miscarriage at 8 weeks - Trisomy 9 

October 2014 - Unsuccessful IUI 

November 2014 - IUI month skipped due to cyst 

December 2014 - Unsuccessful IUI 

January/February 2015 - Failed IVF (standard long protocol) - 7 eggs, 6 mature, 4 fertilized (ICSI), 0 made it to blast, 0 for testing 

March/April 2015 - Microflare IVF protocol with HGH - 6 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI), 2 blasts for biopsy! 

May/June 2015 - Microflare IVF protocol with HGH - 9 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI), 3 blasts for biopsy!

06/18/15 -  Two healthy embies based on PGS testing by Natera!

June/July 2015 - FET cycle with estradiol & PIO shots, a Neupogen treatment, and accupuncture

07/08/2015 - Transferred one lovely embie 

07/17/2015 - Beta #1 136

07/20/2015 - Beta #2 529 -- BFP!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome aboard, @CTinNV!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • 28 days till RCS. I am enjoying the last few weeks of pregnancy, in pain, but no rush to have another outside baby. Just taking things day by day. Heartburn. Pain. Insomnia. Still not ready to throw in the towel. 

Hope you're all doing well. Winter finally hit us here in NE, and this baby does NOT like the extreme cold. I get instant contractions when I go outside now, so I guess I will be spending a lot of time inside. Also fine by me. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 38 weeks on Wednesday. Im torn between being totally ready, and also needing/wanting the next two weeks to finish things up at work. No progress at my last appt so I'm guessing we still have time. Lots and lots of heartburn and insomnia but really not soooo bad. I haven't really had any bh or contractions, just some low cramps that come and go. Like menstrual cramps but not bad. In a huge TMI I have been in the bathroom constantly with #2 I think I went 8 times yesterday. It was kinda awful.

@marnief your crankiness is totally understandable! It's getting harder to not get snappy at everything.

Welcome @CTinNV!

@potatocastillo Glad you are still hanging in! It just got to be wintery here in MA too. Brr. Just glad we had a little warm up that got rid of last weeks ice!

Qotw: We just hung out at home and watched a movie. Made it to midnight and the countdown/kiss and then turned in.
  • I'm totally with you @marnief ! I can't sleep because of the hip pain. I went grocery shopping yesterday and it feels like I did 2 hours of leg presses at the gym today. I've just about reached my limit. Today I had my weekly appointment as well, and I'm also about 1.5 cm, so no progression worth noting. I made the decision if he doesn't come by Sunday, we're going for induction on Monday. I feel totally guilty for not sticking it out to 41+ weeks and letting him come naturally; I'm also worried that if I do wait for him to make the decision on when is time, I won't be strong enough to labor... I'm having a hard time lifting my legs enough to walk up stairs and put on pants!

Qotw; we spent the night with DH's family playing cards against humanity, and all the ruckus had baby moving like crazy! But I made it to midnight!

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • 36 weeks and so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. Rib pain is getting worse. The insomnia has started. Last couple of nights were rough. Heartburn is worse. Then there's the general crankiness that surfaces every now and then. My boss put an insane amount of work for me to get done in the next 2 weeks that Im struggling with. I have a 36 week checkup tomorrow and then another at 38 and 40 weeks. We didn't do much on NYE because we're exhausted. But the baby's room is done and I have new laundry that seems to get the clothes cleaner, so that's easier for me :-)
  • Mumberry has some great pants that are a LIFE SAVER during third tri when you are really feeling the weight of the belly in the ribs/hips/back. All their pieces have a built-in belly-support band that lifts the belly off of your back/hips. And it grows with your belly, so you won't have to buy new sizes :) mumberry.com
  • @marnief that is so exciting! Good luck and can't wait to hear!!!

Ladies I can take the check in if no one else can, but I'll only be able to do it for a week or two, so if someone else is willing...

• @marnief congrats! Can't wait to read all about it!

If the little doesn't make an appearance beforehand, I'm being induced Monday, so I won't be able to take over. Good luck to everyone on this last leg of your incredible journies!

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • Wow. It truly is the last few weeks (or days) for most of us! I'm still feeling crummy, but at least I got some sleep last night. I'm off to the dr. this afternoon.

Good tip on the pants. I may have to order some. The top of my rib cage has gone completely numb, so I'm wearing one of those microfiber tanks with the shelf support. This one doesn't have the elastic band around the bottom. I'm completely intolerant of any sort of bra or band around my ribs at this point. It's excruciating.
  • marnief said:

Hey gals, just letting you know that someone will have to take over the checkin starting next week ;) Full story to come, but I am currently in L&D, loving the epidural, waiting for more progress which they said could be a while. Hopefully I'll have an exciting update soon-ish :)

Happy and safe delivery!!!!!
  • Wonderful news, @marnief ! We can't wait to hear how it went!

Me: 35 DOR - AMH 1.1 FSH 5.6

DH: 39

09/01/10 - First pregnancy - my sweet son was born 

04/25/14 - Miscarriage at 9 weeks - Turner Syndrome 

08/01/14 - Miscarriage at 8 weeks - Trisomy 9 

October 2014 - Unsuccessful IUI 

November 2014 - IUI month skipped due to cyst 

December 2014 - Unsuccessful IUI 

January/February 2015 - Failed IVF (standard long protocol) - 7 eggs, 6 mature, 4 fertilized (ICSI), 0 made it to blast, 0 for testing 

March/April 2015 - Microflare IVF protocol with HGH - 6 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI), 2 blasts for biopsy! 

May/June 2015 - Microflare IVF protocol with HGH - 9 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI), 3 blasts for biopsy!

06/18/15 -  Two healthy embies based on PGS testing by Natera!

June/July 2015 - FET cycle with estradiol & PIO shots, a Neupogen treatment, and accupuncture

07/08/2015 - Transferred one lovely embie 

07/17/2015 - Beta #1 136

07/20/2015 - Beta #2 529 -- BFP!!!

• @marnief congrats and good luck!! Can't wait for the birth story!! Please post one!
    @emcarl24 all that potty time might mean baby time! Hope so!
    @andimegie325 good luck Monday!! I am so jealous you have an end date!
    @CTinNV welcome!! Glad to see you around again!

I love reading everyone's complaints! I am miserable!

My update: 33 weeks and miserable!! BUT DH set up the crib tonight and that is a game changer in my nesting brain! That and the fact my 2nd baby came 2 weeks early and that is Feb 7th and it's Jan 6....makes me hopeful for apx only 30 days!!! A girl can hope!

QOTW: We had a cookout with family, put our boys to bed watched a funny movie and at 11pm went to bed!
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Oh, dear. I am the last one with twins standing?!? Eek.

Had a MFM appointment today with Nonstress test and ultrasound. Heart rates are great.Growth is on the curves where hey want them. They estimated 4lbs 5 oz and 4 lbs 12 oz today.

As for symptoms, my legs look like painful logs and I get short of breath walking anywhere or talking too much ( maybe because one girl is curled up in child's pose right under my diaphragm). I am itchy all over have bad restless legs and get muscle spasms not in my calves like a normal person but in my thighs. Yeah!!!

I have 3-5 more weeks to go depending on what the girls do. Right now the one closest to exit is head down so I may get to try vaginal delivery instead of section. Wouldn't mind avoiding surgery if possible.

QOTW: I had to work NYE but I spent the pat part of the evening in the jacuzzi tub with ice water and promptly went to bed at midnight. I am wild and crazy. Lol