Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Win/Wine/Whine Wednesday

I didn't see that anyone had started this yet, and it's kind of late in the day now, but better late than never! 

1)  Win - What's a small (or big) win you've had this week? 

2)  Wine - What's your favorite drink to have/make when you've had a hard day (doesn't have to be wine)? 

3)  Whine - What's your least favorite thing about January so far?  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Win/Wine/Whine Wednesday

• Options
    1)  Win - What's a small (or big) win you've had this week? I've been doing the 30 Day Shred + Squat Challenge every day since the first, even when I've been tired and cranky and didn't wanna.

2)  Wine - What's your favorite drink to have/make when you've had a hard day (doesn't have to be wine)? Depends on my mood, but usually red wine or a good beer.

3)  Whine - What's your least favorite thing about January so far?  It got cold in NYC finally... I was hoping for a winter in the 50's this year.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was literally just thinking about this thread!

1)  Win - What's a small (or big) win you've had this week? 
    I have 100% stuck to my meal plans for this week which includes healthy lunches and dinners! Also, DH has been really awesome and supportive about trying all of the new, very healthy recipes I have been tinkering with. 

2)  Wine - What's your favorite drink to have/make when you've had a hard day (doesn't have to be wine)? 
    Craft beer is ever present in our fridge. 

the. gym. is. packed. 
  • Options
    smmatt08 said:

the. gym. is. packed. 
    Yesssssssssssssssssss. I try not to get frustrated because I want to be supportive of healthy life choices and if I'm being honest, I've been one of the NY resolutioners that crowds the gym for a month. It took a lot of tries for it to stick and I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. But seriously, get off the treadmill, you're basically not even walking you're going so slow. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @MRSCORKER I am with you on the dry skin. I wash my hands constantly, they are dry and cracked to the point of bleeding. 
  • Options
    I'll play

Win- Took three bags of clothes to goodwill. I have been like hoarding clothes apparently that I never wear. Finally got fed up, said screw it and got rid of SO MUCH.

Wine- Cab Sauv, or any dry red. I like a good beer too. 

Whine- I'm with @MRSCORKER The dry skin from the cold air is driving me bonkers. 

@smmatt08 We try to do meal plans too but fail so hard. Good for you for sticking to it. Any recipes you've had so far this week that were real winners?  
  • Options
    Win: DS's new playroom is almost complete. Just a few finishing touches via wall decor!

Wine: I really just like all the wine. Pinot Noir or Pinot Grigio will do.

Whine: The freakin' cold. I need a down coat.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    smmatt08smmatt08 member
    edited January 2016

@smmatt08 We try to do meal plans too but fail so hard. Good for you for sticking to it. Any recipes you've had so far this week that were real winners?  
    @peachykeen17  YES! I made a whole, organic chicken in the crock pot on Sunday. Think rotisserie style because I broiled it in the oven for 5 minutes after cooking it in the crock pot for about 4 hours. No oils, butters, creams. It was Sunday dinner and then both DH and I took it for lunch Monday and Tuesday. Definitely worth doing every Sunday in my opinion. https://www.number-2-pencil.com/2013/05/23/slow-cooker-lemon-garlic-chicken/

I also did oven "fajitas" that we ate taco style on pieces of iceberg lettuce instead of tortillas. Easy and very tasty. I didn't make enough for leftovers for lunches but I think it would be a good one to double and take for lunches. https://www.bestfoodbook.com/2014/07/oven-fajitas.html?m=1  (I left out the cornstarch and substituted olive oil instead of the vegetable oil.)

edited to add links.
  • Options
    smmatt08 said:
    @peachykeen17  YES! I made a whole, organic chicken in the crock pot on Sunday. Think rotisserie style because I broiled it in the oven for 5 minutes after cooking it in the crock pot for about 4 hours. No oils, butters, creams. It was Sunday dinner and then both DH and I took it for lunch Monday and Tuesday. Definitely worth doing every Sunday in my opinion. 

I also did oven "fajitas" that we ate taco style on pieces of iceberg lettuce instead of tortillas. Easy and very tasty. I didn't make enough for leftovers for lunches but I think it would be a good one to double and take for lunches.  
    Ohhh that sounds so good. DH does chicken on our smoker which is great, but I love love love rotisserie style. I might have to try that one. 
    Always looking for good lunch recipes. Never thought to substitute lettuce for the tortillas for tacos or fajitas! We usually just put all taco/fajita ingredients on a bunch on chips... I think your version sounds much healthier. 
  • Options
    1.)  Win - What's a small (or big) win you've had this week? Despite AF I have been pretty good about sticking to my diet this week!

2)  Wine - What's your favorite drink to have/make when you've had a hard day (doesn't have to be wine)? Usually after a hard day I like a nice giant glass of moscato 

3)  Whine - What's your least favorite thing about January so far?  Well since we are only six days in I have to say AF showing her ugly face. That was definitely depressing. 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• Options
    Ohhh that sounds so good. DH does chicken on our smoker which is great, but I love love love rotisserie style. I might have to try that one. 
    Always looking for good lunch recipes. Never thought to substitute lettuce for the tortillas for tacos or fajitas! We usually just put all taco/fajita ingredients on a bunch on chips... I think your version sounds much healthier. 
    I was excited about how well the chicken turned out. I'm thinking I could mix up the spices and the way I season it too so its not lemon garlic every time. Its basically as easy as buying a cooked rotisserie chicken at the grocery except I know exactly what is going on/in it. And I can buy a raw organic, whole chicken for essentially the same price. 
    If you buy a head of iceberg lettuce you can also use it for sandwiches in place of bread. I'm always looking for healthy swaps to make in our meals!
  • Options
    @smmatt08and @peachykeen17 Have you tried Blue Apron? Depending on your budget, it might be a good idea. I bought two Groupons for DH and I to try two weeks worth of meals from them. So far so good! The meals are healthy, I don't have to think of them and the ingredients are delivered right to my door

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• Options
    beforeyoubeforeyou member
    edited January 2016
    @smmatt08 do you like spicy? We use a spice called kickin chicken on our chicken and its awesome. But I love the lemon garlic combo too or lemon pepper. If I could have lemon on everything I would. ETA: also I really like knowing whats going into my food, so the ability to buy a organic chicken and cook it how we like vs. buying a rotisserie sounds awesome.

@PeggyOlsonFTW Never have tried it, but I've heard a lot about it. Almost bit the bullet and bought a groupon for it as well, but wasn't sure if it lived up to the hype. Glad to hear you actually tried it and like it! Are the recipes easy?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    1)  Win - Joined the gym today! No.excuses.

2)  Wine - Toughie... if it's a really bad day, doesn't even matter. Beer, wine, vodka, mouthwash....hah jk. 

3)  Whine - It's -30 here and the icicles over the door keep growing back after I knock them down. Death by impalement anyone?
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• Options
    @peachykeen17 I don't like spicy, but DH can't get enough spicy! I'm pretty good at finding a good median and letting DH add hot sauce. 

@PeggyOlsonFTW I briefly looked into it. I thought it was a little expensive, but I really enjoy cooking. Also, I was afraid if I tried it I would like it too much! LOL!
  • Options
    Win: I've actually logged my calories everyday since the new year. Doesn't mean I'm eating as healthy as I would like, but at least I'm tracking the calories.

Wine: I am definitely a white wine person. Generally a nice buttery chard.

Whine: So far January hasn't been treating me badly, but I guess I would have to jump on board and say the weather. Actually a nice day today, but pretty bitter cold. I know it rains a lot in Seattle, but it's been a little too much this winter. It's definitely making me miss San Diego! 

@PeggyOlsonFTW and @peachykeen17 I've also done Blue Apron. The recipes are pretty easy, but I found that the prep time is a lot longer than they say. Maybe I just suck at cutting vegetables but it feels like it takes forever to get those meals prepared. We let it go a few months ago, but I miss it sometimes.
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @peachykeen17 and @smmatt08 They're pretty easy! And you can skip deliveries and not get charged, so if you want to make it a once a month thing, you can. My only gripe is that there's not enough for lunch leftovers the next day.

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• Options
    I was trying to decide earlier what thread was "missing"!

Win: I was expecting the pool to be crazy newbie crowded, but so far it has not... When I've gone at least.

Wine: If it was a really bad day, I'll splurge on the extra calories for Bailey's. Maybe mix it with chocolate milk.

Whine: I guess my head. I had a four day migraine to start the year. It was gone yesterday and today I'm starting to get another headache!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    @peachykeen17 and @smmatt08 They're pretty easy! And you can skip deliveries and not get charged, so if you want to make it a once a month thing, you can. My only gripe is that there's not enough for lunch leftovers the next day.
    That was another reason I nixed it. I plan dinners that allow for leftovers for lunches. I would still consider giving it a try sometime!
  • Options
    @Amphibious22 and @PeggyOlsonFTW thanks for the info. I might see if theres still a groupon so I can try it. Definitely good to know that you can skip deliveries if you want to. 
  • Options
    1)  Win - What's a small (or big) win you've had this week?  I have been super productive at work ie. not bumping at work

2)  Wine - What's your favorite drink to have/make when you've had a hard day (doesn't have to be wine)? A good hard cider or glass of cabernet sauvignon

3)  Whine - What's your least favorite thing about January so far?   WORK!!!

Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    1) Win. Had a VERY productive day at work today. Small victories.

2) Wine. Moscato. Sweeter the better.

3) Whine. Back to work after a week and a half off is ROUGH.
  • Options
    WIN: I've been eating really well & drinking tons of water, so I feel pretty great. 
    WINE: ROOT BEER. I'm not a big drinker, and I don't drink soda, but I LOVE root beer. Every once in a while, I'll treat myself by going to the specialty Root Beer Store in my town (yes, this is a thing). 
    WHINE: I share Whines with @MRSCORKER & @smmatt08. Dry skin. Packed gym. Also, everything is frozen and I'm always cold. 

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a day late for Wednesday (time zone problems), but I saw "wine" and knew that this was the thread for me.

WIN: We've started taking walks together in the evening. So glad to get some exercise in and spend time with DH.

WINE: @JessicaRB27 @Ally989 Yes! Moscato is where it's at. When that fails, then I'm with @PrettyPalomino drinking all the things except beer. I can't stand beer.

WHINE: We have a fruit fly problem in our kitchen and it is driving. me. bananas. I wish I could whine about people at the gym, but I haven't been the gym in months. :/