Parenting after a Loss

Update on me-not good

11DPO--Beta 6.5   Very low end of pregnant (5-50 my doc said is normal).  Given that I have had 4 m/c's and one ectopic, I am petrified.  Also not coming up positive on urine tests, so I am guessing Monday at the OB's it will be not good.

I just don't want another emergency c-sect cut ectopic.  I was in the hospital a long time, and was on bedrest for 12 weeks afterwards.  Even though I am going to the guy I don't like so much (he's ok for an emergency, but long term I would not pick him) I am ok with that because he was the one on call in the OR the night of my ruptured ectopic, and he is the one who did the surgery. It was a 4 hour mess of a surgery, as it was a very late, very ignored ectopic.

Given that his colleagues are the ones who assured me over the span of 7 hospital visits and OB visits that I WAS NOT PREGNANT DURING MY ECTOPIC AND REFUSED TRANSVAG U/S AND REPEAT BETAS, I am fairly certain he will not be making the same error. 

Andy reminded him who we were, and oh yes, I am going in Mon at 11 as he remembers the case, as it was a very clear case of mismanagement.  I even have a letter of apology from his colleague, which was probably the dumbest thing a doctor ever gave me--she was a new OB and obviously did not run that by the seniors or the lawyer--she gave me a smoking gun.

I am very very upset and spent most of the afternoon sobbing because the urine tests are not coming up positive anymore, and this is usually how it goes for me.  I am glad it was caught in the blood, because in June 2008 I had an early m/c that only showed up in the urine, and this doctor I am going to see on Mon. was on call and said since the blood was under 5, I was never pregnant and all the urine tests must have been faulty.  This is why I do not like him--he did not believe my HPT's and missed period were enough to prove I had been pregnant, so I often get brushed off.

I really hope he can be my stepping stone to someone better.  If this pg continues to drop, I am going to hound him to do a D&C, I used to be so scared of that but frankly I have had 4 natural m/c's, and none of them was fun.

I also have a raging Upper Resp. Infection, and have no voice.  And I can't stop shaking.

So yes, at 39, with one incident of unprotected sex, I am pg-but I feel such doom because of the low, low number.  Thank you all for well wishes, but I can only pray this does not turn into fiasco.  I truly have no hope, and almost wish the number had come back not pregnant, instead of barely pg. 

Re: Update on me-not good

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"