November 2015 Moms
Options

Bath In Sink

So I'm giving LO a bath every night at part of our bedtime routine and frankly I'm sick of filling up the baby bathtub with gallons of water. I'd like to bathe him in our kitchen sink but I need something to go into it so he doesn't slip and slide around.

Any recommendations?

Re: Bath In Sink

• Options
    There's a little thing that looks like a flower that goes in the sink, we have one but I forget what it's called!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

There's a little thing that looks like a flower that goes in the sink, we have one but I forget what it's called!

It's called 'Blooming Bath', we have one and like it quite a bit and machine wash safe.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @doodleoodle I'm only using soap 2 out of the 7 days, the other days are just warm water.

I saw that blooming bath but wasn't sure about it. It looked like LO might just slide into it since there isn't an angle.
  • Options
    We still use the baby bath but my friend just puts a towel down and lays her LO on it. She doesn't slide at all and it's a good cushioned surface. She folds one side up like a pillow so her LOs head is out of the water.
  • Options
    You could try a puj tub. It is a foam like insert for thr sink
  • Options
    You could just get a bath sling. It's like a mesh seat.
  • Options
    Lolo427 said:

It's called 'Blooming Bath', we have one and like it quite a bit and machine wash safe.
    We have one too, and we like it, but it takes forever to dry. That is the only issue I have with it.
  • Options
    Just a towel
  • Options
    I just put a towel in the bottom of the sink (drape it up on the sides that he'll be touching bedside the metal is cold) and hold him with one hand, wash with the other. I can't afford the investment of the good tubs/inserts like puj or the blooming bath. SIL bought us a standard, plastic baby bath but I returned it; they're SO big and I couldn't find a place to store it. So I just use the sink with a towel and it works out just fine (or I'll take a bath myself and bring him in with me for a few minutes on my lap).
  • Options
    Like PP said you could put a hand towel in sink if you don't want to spend any money on new bath accessories. I did that with the girl when she was first born and now that she is a little bigger she's in the puj tub. I bathed my son in the sink until he was too big to fit because it was just easier on my back. I used the tub I was gifted at the shower as a toy chest until I found one I liked.
  • Options
    We just got the blooming bath and it's been a lifesaver. He loves it! It's machine-washable and you can put it in the dryer!
  • Options
    We have used a towel like pp have said, I also bought a big turtle shaped spongy thing from BRU that fits in the sink, at two months she is starting to get a little big for her but she'll fit a little longer. Im pretty sure it was inexpensive.
  • Options
    We use the blooming bath in the kitchen sink. We also have the 4moms tub, but I felt like he got colder sitting in that, and it's harder to use when he still can't sit up on his own. LO used to fuss during bath time, but in the past week or so (right around 7 weeks), he has finally started enjoying it. PTL!
  • Options
    I lay a towel down in our bathtub and fold another towel to support her head and neck. We bought a baby bathtub but it's honestly just super awkward to use.
  • Options
    I went with the puj tub, it was exactly what I had pictures in my mind. Using it tonight so we will see how it goes!
  • Options
    I also have the blooming bath but am not crazy about it. LO just slides to the bottom and I have to keep one arm under him. I find it easiest just to wash him in the sink with one arm underneath and no props. LO does not care for bath time anyways so we keep it very short.
  • Options
    I use the Boon Naked baby tub, and in the infant/angled position it doesn't use much water.  I put a hand towel under her, get it wet with warm water, and wrap it around her a bit to keep her belly & chest warm while I wash.
  • Options
    I like the Puj for now. LO is getting s bit long for my 2 bowl sink. Need to hurry up and get my 1 bowl so this will be a lot easier.
  • Options
    Reviving this thread bc LO is getting too large for the sink. We have the blooming bath, which he likes, but he's simply outgrowing the sink. We also have a 4Moms tub, but he's getting too long for that, and he doesn't seem to like it as much. I bought this Summer Infant bather (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003BTXSCE/ref=mp_s_a_1_3_a_it?qid=1456509672&sr=8-3&keywords=baby+bath&pi=SY200_QL40), but it says not to set it in standing water. Ideally, I would want LO to be about chest deep in water to keep him warm and comfortable, but I also want something that will keep him secure so I can use both hands to bathe him. We start our bath time routine at the same time every night, and sometimes MH isn't home from work in time to help, so I'm looking for a solution for days I have to bathe LO on my own. Any ideas? 
  • Options

We use this one (picture from Google), it's the first years brand sure comfort deluxe. It's nice because it's convertible from newborn to infant to toddler. Our friend gave us ours, but when I looked it up I found one for only $18 on Amazon, so not super expensive
  • Options
    Not to post jack but has anyone's LO suddenly taken a dislike to the bath?? DS has always loved bathtime but the past two baths he started screaming and throwing his hands up and arching his back and neck....the water is always warm, I haven't changed any of his soaps or anything so idk what's going on......also in relation to this post we use a sort of hammack type thing. It can be used in a sink or tub(we do tub). It's mesh and has a head/neck pad on it. I'm not sure where it's from because it was a gift but we like it.
  • Options
    SJFTCA said:
    Reviving this thread bc LO is getting too large for the sink. We have the blooming bath, which he likes, but he's simply outgrowing the sink. We also have a 4Moms tub, but he's getting too long for that, and he doesn't seem to like it as much. I bought this Summer Infant bather (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003BTXSCE/ref=mp_s_a_1_3_a_it?qid=1456509672&sr=8-3&keywords=baby+bath&pi=SY200_QL40), but it says not to set it in standing water. Ideally, I would want LO to be about chest deep in water to keep him warm and comfortable, but I also want something that will keep him secure so I can use both hands to bathe him. We start our bath time routine at the same time every night, and sometimes MH isn't home from work in time to help, so I'm looking for a solution for days I have to bathe LO on my own. Any ideas? 
    We have the fisher price whale tub.  I like the green support in the bottom it holds the baby up well and it comes out so you can still use it when they are sitting on their own.  It is a bit big, but we just keep it in the tub and move it when showering.  I did not put a lot of water in the day I took the below picture but I do fill it up to her chest sometimes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker