Breastfeeding
Options

Is my baby the only one who...

Hates the boob?!?!? DS nurses fine at night but during the day acts like he's hungry but refuses the boob. He'll happily take a bottle and pass right out. Why?!?! Help!

Re: Is my baby the only one who...

• Options
    Are you too full? How old is your lo?
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

• Options
    I know this is a little bit late, but I've just been experiencing this for the past week. My LO is 4 months. It's so frustrating! Did you have any resolution? Any advice for how to help the situation? Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe LO is distracted by all of the daytime sights/sounds. Have you tried nursing in a dark and quiet room during the day?
  • Options
    Your flow may be faster or slower than LO would prefer, especially if he's used to bottle feeding too. What nipple size do you use for bottle feeding and how old is your LO?
  • Options
    Sometimes when DD gets worked up and is hungry, she won't latch for more than a minute or two. What I do then is give her a bottle with only an ounce or so, and then she's calmed down and will latch better.
    Baby number 1 on the way!
  • Options
    Totally have this going on at 4 months, so bad that we're pretty much weaned except for nighttime nursing.
  • Options
    I second the suggestion to nurse in a distraction free place, in the same place every time if home. Dim lights, quiet.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Agree with the PPs. I used to use the nursing cover at home on occasion, to stave off distractions.