December 2015 Moms
Options

FTM what are ways you get LO to sleep during the

Hi ladies

FTM here. Was wondering how you guys get LO to sleep during the day. DH won't let me buy a swing and I can't get anything done because LO only wants to fall asleep on the boob and every time i think he is sleep and try to pull him off he starts to suck on boob harder with his eyes clothes. Then when I finally get him off he wakes up 20-40 mins later. :-(

What are some ways you get LO to sleep during the day. Minus Swaddling

Re: FTM what are ways you get LO to sleep during the

• Options
    I found a similar thread but ladies please tell me if a Swing would be a sanity saver????
  • Options
    Do you have any kind of bouncy seat or anything you could use? Our household couldn't function without a Fisher Price Rock n Play. Could you get one of those? It might be less expensive than a swing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm having the same issue, we just bought a carrier today so we'll see if that works.
  • Options
    Honestly a swing will only help if your baby likes it, not all babies do. That's a big thing my mom wrned me about from her experience. My brother loved swings so much he'dwear them out. I absolutely hated them and would scream the entire time.

With both my kids wrap carriers have been a lifesaver. With DS I used a Moby wrap. This time with DD I'm using a Boba. The days when she won't settle without being held I put her in it against my chest. It takes her a little to settle into it but once she does she's out.
  • Options
    We use the swing or bouncer, but if those aren't an option I'd strongly recommend a carrier. We use the moby and it's great for the times DD won't settle if I'm not holding her.
  • Options
    Why is he against the swing? Just curious.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

He said he will grow out of it too soon.
  • Options

He said he will grow out of it too soon.
    Even if they outgrow it it is so worth it when it does help. If you're planning for more kiddos in the future you can look at it as an investment. We were given a Graco duetsoothe last year with DS. He had stomach issues because of intolerance and it was the only way he would sleep without being held. Since the seat comes off we've continued to use it a ton as a bouncy seat with DD.
  • Options
    During the day? Are you sure? So many babies reverse cycle and sleep during the day, then cry all night.

Is he sleeping at all? I second the moby. Also a drive or stroll around the neighborhood puts our girl right out.
  • Options
    The Moby is working great for us! We also have an ergo baby and that works too, but it's not as comfortable as the wrap is and he overheats in it.
  • Options
    My baby was amazing the first 2 weeks, and now he is almost 3 weeks and sleeps very little during the day. All he wants is my boob. I have everything and have tried anything, I think he is just going through a growth spurt and is cluster feeding.
  • Options
    So I would second @Mizuiro007 's caution about a swing. I had friends that *insisted* that a swing was a baby essential so we scrimped and saved for one with kid #1. Holy crap did she hate that thing. And hate is not even a strong enough word. She would literally start banshee shrieking if we started walking towards the swing and if we dared put her in it she would scream herself purple and take about an hour to calm down after taking her out. Kid #2 would tolerate it for ten minutes. We ditched it before kid #3 (but I actually suspect he'd like it if we still had it). Anyways, not sure if this is an option for you or not but if you have friends with kids and a swing that maybe you could test drive one before buying one.

The Moby wrap is honestly the only way I ever got housework done with babies in the house. Plus they can nurse in it.
  • Options
    missphilmissphil member
    edited January 2016
    Misread the question
  • Options

During the day? Are you sure? So many babies reverse cycle and sleep during the day, then cry all night.

Is he sleeping at all? I second the moby. Also a drive or stroll around the neighborhood puts our girl right out.

He will only take 2 hefty naps one in the afternoon and one in early evening 2-3 hrs max. Then fight rest of the day on and off
  • Options
    When my lo is fighting sleep and I need to tend to my toddler I baby wear. I love my ring sling! Also, maybe you could use a playmat for your lo in the same room you need to get things done in? Today my little guy was awake and I put him under his playmat while I folded some laundry. It is much cheaper than a swing and provides some entertainment for the babies.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

• Options
    My toddler hated the swing. This time around its a life saver. The swing, my Ergo carrier, and on me if she passes out while nursing are the only places she'll sleep during the day. She sleeps in a rock n play at night.
  • Options
    Moby wrap!!! Let's baby snuggle up against you and nap and you have your hands free to do what you need.
  • Options
    You might want to see if you can get a used swing, so it's less of an issue if your baby doesn't love it. It is a sanity saver for our family. We found a swing that is sold at BRU for $150 at a yard sale this summer for $25. My husband says it's the best $25 we've ever spent. Just make sure whatever you buy is in good condition and not recalled. The entire padding/fabric part of our Snugapuppy swing is removable and washable, so it's a pretty good thing to buy used. Might be worth checking out Craigslist.
  • Options
    I second what @violetigerlily said about looking elsewhere. Are there any consignment shops near you? Or does your town have a Facebook page for selling kid's items? We've used both for things in our nursery.
  • Options
    Have you tried a bouncy seat? I think they are cheaper and may do the trick. And try to find one used: consignment store, Facebook, craigslist and local moms groups might be good places to start looking. Plus you can resell when you're done with it.
  • Options
    My baby is mildly entertained by the swing...as in he tolerates it long enough for me to shower and get ready and may doze while I'm getting ready but he definitely doesn't nap there. I bought the graco one that's typically 90 dollars but I got it for 60 on sale, I can't say its worth more than that. Mine sleeps in the Boba (4G) like he forgot he was born and believes he still in the womb. I need to try the wrap again.
  • Options

I found a similar thread but ladies please tell me if a Swing would be a sanity saver????

Our two week old will ONLY stay asleep in his swing. Yes he'll grow out of it, but he hates his crib and hates being swaddled. I am terrified of cosleeping so when he falls asleep on my boob finally, I just put him in the swing and tip toe back to the bed. In the crib he would just wake up 20 minutes later and it'd take an hour to get him asleep again.

To the OP: look on Craigslist or a Facebook buy sell trade page for a used swing. They are literally worth it.
  • Options
    pupsicle23pupsicle23 member
    edited January 2016
    Does anyone put their baby down for structured/scheduled naps during the day? DD is still unpredictable with sleep during the day, but she'll fall asleep after eating and some soothing if the drowsiness signs are there. I've been holding her or sticking her in the rock n play. Today I read the weekly update from TB, and it suggested babies napping in their own space, which makes me think we need more if a schedule.

Edited for all of the spelling

Edited again to weigh in: DD loved her swing until a friend let us borrow a rock n play. Now she hates the swing. So, a bouncy chair is just as good in this house!
  • Options
    mhuber223 said:

Does anyone put their baby down for structured/scheduled naps during the day? DD is still unpredictable with sleep during the day, but she'll fall asleep after eating and some soothing if the drowsiness signs are there. I've been holding her or sticking her in the rock n play. Today I read the weekly update from TB, and it suggested babies napping in their own space, which makes me think we need more if a schedule.

Edited for all of the spelling

Edited again to weigh in: DD loved her swing until a friend let us borrow a rock n play. Now she hates the swing. So, a bouncy chair is just as good in this house!

I've gotten mixed advice. Pedi said your on their schedule and to start around 3-4mts with sleep training but my mom said she started us sooner.