June 2015 Moms

Twin check in 12-21

Howdy twin mommas! How's it going? We're so close to Christmas, I'm so excited!!!
1. How old are your beautiful twins now?
2. Any new milestones? Are they coming close to anything new?
3. How are feedings going? Are they loving solid foods? What have you tried so far?
4. How much are they sleeping during the day? At night?
5. What did you get them for Christmas?
6. What are your plans for Christmas?
7. Are they alike or different in looks and personality?
8. Anything I missed? Questions or suggestions for the group?

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Twin check in 12-21

• Howdy twin mommas! How's it going? We're so close to Christmas, I'm so excited!!!
    1. How old are your beautiful twins now? 6.5 months
    2. Any new milestones? Are they coming close to anything new? One is almost crawling! Says momma dada
    3. How are feedings going? Are they loving solid foods? What have you tried so far? They have been on solids since 4 months and LOVE it! Sweet potatoes, beans, peas, fruits
    4. How much are they sleeping during the day? At night? Well one used to sleep through the night now they both wake up atleast once.
    5. What did you get them for Christmas? Toys and teethers! I think they will be getting a lot of clothes so we didn't get any.
    6. What are your plans for Christmas? Staying in town and visiting family.
    7. Are they alike or different in looks and personality? Different looks and personality! One is the funny guy and the other quiet and sweet!
    8. Anything I missed? Questions or suggestions for the group? Does anyone's LO have teeth?! One of mine is slowly getting their first tooth!
  • 1. How old are your beautiful twins now? 7 months on the 15th.

2. Any new milestones? Are they coming close to anything new? Both girls are close to being able to sit on their own.

3. How are feedings going? Are they loving solid foods? What have you tried so far? Feeding are going great. We are on 3 meals a days. I finally feel like we're not feeding 24 hours a day! We've tried bananas, apples, pears, sweet potatoes, zucchini, green beans, carrots and asparagus. They love evrything so fat.

4. How much are they sleeping during the day? At night? They take about 2 naps for 1 to 2 hours a day and sleep a solid 12 hours at night.

6. What did you get them for Christmas? I bought a couple chunky puzzles and nothing else. I figured they are gonna get spoiled rotten by family

6. What are your plans for Christmas? Staying in town and visiting all our family.

7. Are they alike or different in looks and personality? Totally different in looks and personality. One is calm and the other is a little diva.

8. Anything I missed? Questions or suggestions for the group? My girls are hitting milestones slower than most. Anyone feel the same way?
  • Loading the player...
  • @tdotson0722 Maddie has had her 2 bottom teeth since 4 months and Charlie just got one of her bottom teeth a couple of weeks ago. I love looking at those little chicklets!

• 1. How old are your beautiful twins now?

6.5 months

2.. Any new milestones? Are they coming close to anything new?

Hmmm, we are rolling over now, as of about a week ago. Josie only rolls in her crib--she likes to sleep on her tummy. Archie only rolls front to back so far, and he'll only stay in tummy time for about 10 seconds.

I feel like they might be kind of close to sitting up, but not sure.

3. How are feedings going? Are they loving solid foods? What have you tried so far?

We've been on solids in and off since 4 months, so we've tried lots of things. I'm making a lot of their purees. I buy peas (homemade texture was weird), prunes (quicker for me to buy than figure out how to boil and get the texture right), pears (I bought and made one bag homemade, but the cost was outrageous for fresh pears, so baby food was cheaper).

We've eaten (not in order): rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, apples, pears, bananas, prunes, sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, green beans, acorn squash, butternut squash, avocado, and mashed potatoes.

They are eating more breastmilk than ever before, despite 2 meals of solids a day!

They go to daycare, so I don't know how much they nap there. Overnight, they sleep from about 6:30 pm-7 am. They don't eat at all overnight, but lately they've been waking up for some snuggles around 8:00 or 9:00. And they sometimes wake up crying for a pacifier sometime between 12 and 4, usually 2 or 3 times.

Santa got them new sleep sacks since they outgrew their old ones.

I got them each the Caldecott winner (children's book that won for best illustrations) for this year and inscribed it. I'm going to do that every year.

A bunch of family is coming to town. Like 25 people. No one is staying at my house, though, thank god.

I think they are completely different. Archie is either hot or cold--sweet as can be or totally pissed off. Josie is kind of middle of the road all the time. Kinda half fussy all day long, with sweetness mixed in.

I totally agree with being slower on milestones.
    Also, no teeth here, but teething like crazy.
  • edited December 2015
    1. How old are your beautiful twins now? They'll be 7 months on the 3rd!
    2. Any new milestones? Are they coming close to anything new? They both roll front to back and back to front. They sit pretty well on their own, just need to work on balance.
    3. How are feedings going? Are they loving solid foods? What have you tried so far? Feedings are really going well. I'm still breastfeeding and pumping. My stash has grown to about 850 ounces now. I'm so proud of myself. We started solids at 6 months. They love them! So far we've tried peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, carrots and bananas. Peaches are their next one.
    4. How much are they sleeping during the day? At night? They usually sleep about 10 hours at night. Lately they've been waking up crying at least twice in the middle of the night. We can soothe them back to sleep pretty easily, but I miss sleeping through the night. During the day, they fall asleep anywhere between 1-2 hours after they eat. They will sleep anywhere from 30-90 minutes at a time. There's no rhyme or reason for their sleep patterns.
    5. What did you get them for Christmas? We got each of them a couple outfits, a few teathers, a few toys and their big gifts are the talking dogs Violet.
    6. What are your plans for Christmas? Spending Christmas Eve with my family, and Christmas day with just us.
    7. Are they alike or different in looks and personality? They look and act differently. H is more laid back for the most part. M is the drama queen. If H has a toy, she'll take it away. She's such a crazy girl. I love them to death.
    8. Anything I missed? Questions or suggestions for the group? Both of mine have their bottom 2 teeth. We noticed M's about a week before Thanksgiving and H's a few days after Thanksgiving. I'm dreading getting bit while feeding. Our son didn't get any teeth until he was 9 months. Hoped that would be the case here, but nope! I think my girls are right on target with milestones. But I really don't compare my kids to other kids. They all do things when they're ready. My doc said they're right where they should be.

• 1. How old are your beautiful twins now?
    6 months! Where did the time go?
    2. Any new milestones? Are they coming close to anything new?
    They are ao close to crawling! They roll and pivot all over the house, and push themselves backwards. They get up on their hands and knees and just rock. No forward motions yet though! One says dadada, especially when she's mad! They're both really close to sitting unassisted...just working on their balance. We have pictures booked for January 31 so I'd love for them to be sitting good by then.
    They just adore food! Purees were not a big hit so we went with baby led weaning and they eat everything! Soft veggies, fruits, breads, even meat. They mostly mush it in their mouth (need to work on swallowing) but their formula gives them the nutrition they need so I'm not worried!
    Sleep? What is sleep? Ugh, it's still bad. We are sleep training but one still just is happiest in our bed. I'm up like 10 times a night filling bottles, popping so others back in, rubbing backs. I hope it gets better soon :(
    Not much! Some chew toys and a tablet/touch pad toy. We have so many toys already!
    Just jumping back and forth and "fairly" splitting up the time like normal.
    Nope! Total opposites in looks and personality! Brown hair and eyes, blue eyes and a blondie. One is loud and opinionated, one you only hear from her if she's really mad!
    How's all the older siblings doing?
  • How old are your beautiful twins now? They were 7 month on the 13

Any new milestones? Are they coming close to anything new? Rolling around like crazy, making lots of noises and almost sitting by themselves. Julian has one perfect tooth and I can see Naomi's but it hasn't come through yet.

How are feedings going? Are they loving solid foods? What have you tried so far? They love food. We have tried a bunch of stuff- they love avocado and roasted pears

How much are they sleeping during the day? At night? During the day they have 2 naps for 2 hours and at night they do 13 hours ( I worked very hard on sleep training)

What did you get them for Christmas? A little melamine dish set each, some clothes and some books

What are your plans for Christmas? Going to my family for Xmas eve and Xmas day and going to the inlaws in Montreal on Boxing Day.

Are they alike or different in looks and personality? Totally different in personality but quite similar in looks, both dark hair and dark eyes like daddy

Anything I missed? Questions or suggestions for the group? I also feel like mine are a little bit behind on milestones, maybe because they aren't sitting unassisted yet and we aren't crawling but they are perfect. Merry Christmas guys!

• 1. How old are your beautiful twins now? - they were 7 months on dec 16!
    2. Any new milestones? Are they coming close to anything new? - Nothing super new. They were both rolling both ways by 5 months. Not completely crawling yet but almost! We found Aria UNDER the Christmas tree the other day so we need to keep a better eye put!
    3. How are feedings going? Are they loving solid foods? What have you tried so far? - they LOVE their solids. Addy gets mad if I don't feed her fast enough. They've had so many fruits and veggies, but no meats yet. And just purées. I'm totally scared about actual solids.
    4. How much are they sleeping during the day? At night? - they don't sleep much during the day. Usually 2-3 naps that are a max of 45mins. At night they sleep 8-7 without waking.
    5. What did you get them for Christmas? - just toys and fleece footed pjs. Grandma bought them convertible car seats and I just know they're going to get a bunch of other stuff so we didn't go crazy.
    6. What are your plans for Christmas? - party at our house the 26th. But Christmas Eve and day will just be spent as a family!
    7. Are they alike or different in looks and personality? - I think if they were the same weight they would look exactly the same. Personality wise they're the same too. Super laid back and happy, I just love them!!
  • Big brother (3 years old) is doing wonderful! He's a huge help. He loves to help daddy bottle feed them, he gets us diapers and wipes, holds them, plays with them and loves to make them laugh. He jumps around and laughs and tells them jokes. They laugh and laugh at him. It's so fun to watch the amazing connection they have. As hard as dh and I have tried, they just don't laugh at us like they do at him. When the girls are napping, it's play time for us! We paint, color, play with toys, cuddle, and just do whatever he wants. He's a super happy boy! He's getting spoiled for Christmas this year because the girls don't need much. Next year will be a much different story since they will be 18 months old and much more into Christmas. So we're cherishing everything we do with just him this year, while enjoying our growing girls.

• I know this is an old thread, but trying to revive it since I have a question only my fellow twin mommies can answer!

Has anyone put much thought as to what they're going to do when their twins are in convertible seats and not the carriers? I take my girls to/from the babysitters, some small doctor visits, etc by myself and I am able to carry them both in at the same time in carriers, but won't be for much longer. Not sure what's easiest as I can't really just sit one on the sidewalk while I get the other out of the car. I feel like the double stroller is super bulky to take in to these places so was thinking of carrying one and the other in an umbrella stroller? Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I would like to hear what everyone else has been thinking about!
  • Good question! Wondering the same thing!
  • I guess I use my double stroller for everything! I have a 3 year old too, so it's just easiest for me. Mine isn't super bulky,and actually really easy to set up and get back down. If it's just to a babysitter or daycare, I'd try to just keep both of them in the car, and grab both if you can. If not, take one in and come back out for the other. They'll only be in the car for a minute without you. If you're going into a doctors office, what would you do with the one you carried in? They'd be all over the place. If anyone else has a great idea, I'm all ears.

• I'm just going to schlep around my double stroller, I'm accepting that with twins I'm going to have a ton of crap anyway and atleast the double stroller has room to put a diaper bag and whatever else I'm lugging around.
  • I'll probably be rocking with the double stroller too for awhile!
  • You know, when I was babysitting a girl right around my daughter's age I would sit one in the front seat with the door closed while I put the other in their car seat. Say I was on my way to the babysitter with these girls. I would unlock one, set her in the front seat and close the door. Then I would unlock the next one, close that door and then carry them both on my hips into the house.

But I always have the double stroller around and use it all the time. It's worth it, even though it's annoying.
  • We've been lucky enough to have our stay at home mom friend babysit our girls, but they'll be starting daycare next month since she's expecting her third baby. The daycare is in the downstairs of a church. I have no easy solutions for this haha