April 2016 Moms

Crafty moms check in

2»

Re: Crafty moms check in

• DH and I are also seriously thinking about doing a "burrito baby" birth announcement, so I can do whatever I want for that swaddling blanket.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @fbanke42 2:5 stars is my fav ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • NOLA520 said:

@fbanke42 I really love the top two corners, the bottom left corner, the two blue / aqua ones in the center row, and the leafy one on the bottom -- where are these swatches from? I may need to order that leaf one for myself. :) 

www.spoonflower.com

It's way more expensive than Joann's/Micheal's/Hobby Lobby, but they have some really unique fabric. Plus, you can order it in different TYPES of fabric. I can't decide if I want to order knit or cotton... DH loved the leaf pattern too. I know I'm going to get some of the stars. I'll probably end up getting some of the top right, the burgundy triangles, and one of the greens on the bottom.

Anniversary

• @sprocketsngadgets I ran out of yarn for my afghan and hobby lobby is closed on Sundays, so after I ran out yesterday I started the cocoon! Thanks again! I like your y
    arn choice better though, as mine started forming a weird pattern.
  • @sprocketsngadgets I ran out of yarn for my afghan and hobby lobby is closed on Sundays, so after I ran out yesterday I started the cocoon! Thanks again! I like your y
    arn choice better though, as mine started forming a weird pattern.

The pattern reminds me of waves! I think it's cool!

Everyone is KILLING me with the mermaid cocoons! I need a little girl next time so that I can finally have my own little mermaid (I'm a ginger and so is DS1, so there's a chance that one day I may have a little red headed girl).

Anniversary

• @fbanke42 it's weird...I really wanted a boy because girlie things terrify me (I still can't apply eyeliner or mascara without stabbing myself in the eye) but I can't wait to dress her up!
  • @AmadorRose I do not like a lot of girly things. I'm all about video games, sports, anime, and sci-fi. DH has brainwashed me into wanting a little girl since we started TTC for our first. At this point we've had to skip over our #1 girl name twice, so I'm hoping to actually use it one day.

Anniversary

• @cmjenkies I love that color! Also, the cocoon was pretty easy, as it was the same stitch for the majority and YouTube videos are SO helpful when you're getting started. I'm convinced that the author was drunk when she wrote the instructions for the ruffles, because a picture or chart would have been way easier. There are also some simpler cocoons floating around Pinterest that I plan to try soon!
  • I love everyone's crafts and projects!!

1. What have you been working on?

I've been working on a baby blanket for our baby girl. It's my first crochet project ever. I'm hoping the multi color yarn hides all of the mistakes. ;)

2. what would you like to get done this week?

I'd like to get this darn blanket done. I've been working on it for hours and hours, but I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I love everyone's crafts and projects!!

1. What have you been working on?

I've been working on a baby blanket for our baby girl. It's my first crochet project ever. I'm hoping the multi color yarn hides all of the mistakes. ;)

2. what would you like to get done this week?

I'd like to get this darn blanket done. I've been working on it for hours and hours, but I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere.

Single crochet takes so long! Keep going girl, you'll get it ;)
  • Thanks, @Knottie9983816 !! :)

It's supposed to be a double stitch and single stitch mix. It looks like a mess in the photo, I know. In real life, there's more of a texture/pattern that looks pretty.

Now I know why my nana only does double stitch. No single stitch in her afghans haha!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @AmadorRose Where did you get the pattern for the flower? I still need to make a headband and that looks perfect!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • cmjenkies said:
    I bought some wooden letters to spell baby girl's name last night at hobby lobby. At first I thought of painting a couple and fabric wrapping a couple but I think I'm going to use some kind of decoupage and pretty paper to wrap because i couldn't find any fabric I liked at two stores.  
    I really like the look of the yarn WRAPPED ones too! Similar to this.. ETA: wrapped, not weapon, sheesh.
    Ooooohhhh I like that MUCH BETTER! Thanks!
  • I love these too! Minus the banner since I'm spelling out the name.

• @sprocketsngadgets this is the pattern:
    https://www.bonitapatterns.com/blogs/news/10876949-free-crocodile-stitch-flower-pattern

I had to stitch the petals to lay how I wanted but it was super fast!
  • yodiggityyodiggity member
    edited January 2016
    I went to hobby lobby last night and got an array of yarns, ribbons and lace and 'finished' one letter. I'm going to redo the purple on the bottom. I started on that side and was using the glue on the front instead of the back and it oozed through. Also, the unequal amounts of the pink bothers me a bit. I'm not sure how I feel about it though. Seems a little gaudy.