September 2016 Moms
Options

Meal Plan Monday anyone?

I loved this thread on my last BMB. Is anyone here interested? I usually plan my week's worth of meals on Sunday, but I love reading through everyone's ideas to get some new ones for myself. I feel like I'm in a dinner rut with the same old stuff every week.

Re: Meal Plan Monday anyone?

• Options
    I think it's a great idea! Im always looking for new recipes! I made an awesome taco pie last night that was so good, I even had it again for dinner tonight!
    BFP 12/26/10 EDD 9/2/11 Peyton Marie born 9/9/11 BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 12/26/2015 ~ EDD 9/9/16 ~ 1st HCG 23dpo- 2255 ~ 2nd HCG 25dpo-
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I am in love with Skinny Taste meals. They all taste delicious, easy to cook, and now she puts out a weekly dinner menu. It is great and healthy! Check it out. Skinnytaste.com. It has been a huge time saver for me because I HATE planning out meals and grocery shopping.
    BFP #1  6/26/15, D&C 8/14/15
    BFP #2  12/22/15, EDD 9/1/16  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes I'm all about this weekly thread. Just got the Fixate cookbook and looking forward to trying it out tomorrow. Today I was so nauseous that I only had a few saltines for dinner. :neutral:
  • Options
    Yes! I love the idea! Love to cook too. We're all vegetarian but it's fun to see what I can turn into a veggie meal for us.
    Unless it's steak...with a side of chicken...that makes it a little difficult.

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

• Options
    I am desperate for ideas! Food feels totally functional right now, so I am having a hard time coming up with things to make.
  • Options
    Yes I love the idea of sharing meals... I'm so brainless these days anything will help! Also it alleviates so much stress just knowing what you'll be having for dinner that night!
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    My family (except me) are vegetarians, too. Had paninis with hummus, blue cheese and French fried onions last night. That's one of our go-to easy dinners. Today I have a new recipe in the crock pot called enchilada orzo. Hopefully it's good! I'm also going to try a vegetarian French onion soup later in the week... We'll see. I'm not super convinced it will be good, but I love French onion soup, so worth a try.
  • Options
    DH and I just signed up for emeals.com. They send you 5 meals (that consist of an entree and a side dish) and a shopping list. They also have breakfast, lunch and dessert plans. We both work two part time
    Jobs so we are happy to have someone else plan our meals for us. Right now they have 2 free weeks and then it is something like $70 for 12 months worth of recipes. We are giving them a try and will let y'all know how we do.
  • Options
    I'm down I just hope I can stick with it! I have lots of healthy eating goals! Because of the weather I'm craving hearty soups and stews. Thinking of making some healthy stuff I can freeze in the crock pot for this coming week.
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    I NEED ideas! I'm in a dinner rut and just cannot think of what to make anymore.
  • Options
    @karenbeth714, I have tons of healthy soups to share.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @PSUBecky23 ohhh I want healthy soups! My nausea seems to be coming at night so lunch is my biggest meal. Also, meat has been grossing me out lately which means I'm having to be extra creative since we weren't vegetarian before.

Tonight for dinner it is spinach salad with mozzarella cheese (protein) and a lemon basil vinaigrette dressing.
  • Options

Yes! I love the idea! Love to cook too. We're all vegetarian but it's fun to see what I can turn into a veggie meal for us.
    Unless it's steak...with a side of chicken...that makes it a little difficult.

Shoot, that sounds like majority of my meals...
  • Options
    @PSUBecky23 ohhh I want healthy soups! My nausea seems to be coming at night so lunch is my biggest meal. Also, meat has been grossing me out lately which means I'm having to be extra creative since we weren't vegetarian before.

Tonight for dinner it is spinach salad with mozzarella cheese (protein) and a lemon basil vinaigrette dressing.

Two of my go to soup recipes:

https://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2014/09/vegetable-white-bean-and-orzo-soup-2.html

https://theitaliandishblog.com/imported-20090913150324/2010/1/2/sausage-and-bean-soup-with-pasta.html

Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker