3rd Trimester

Really weird comments from people..

kqualls5kqualls5 member
edited December 2015 in 3rd Trimester
K I'm just going to vent for a second. I am so over all the weird things people are telling me to do to induce labor. First things first, I've got 3 weeks til I'm due, so if he wants to stay in there and cook a little longer, I am not complaining. I've heard lots of suggestions from lots of people, ranging from sex to walking to driving down bumpy roads.
But my neighbors comes over & informs me (in front of MY PARENTS) that "lots of sex and playing with your nipples" will get him here. And she didn't just leave it at that. She went in on how he'd need to cum inside because semen makes the uterus contract. Yes, obviously my parents know we have sex. But they don't need a mental image of nipple touching and semen. Just ew!

Also if one more elderly customer tells me to drink caster oil I might pour caster oil on their heads.

Re: Really weird comments from people..

• Not sure why you would be embarrassed by these suggestions? while I don't know if they are scientifically proven, they are recommended. And don't you think your parents heard the same and tried them when pregnant with you??

cat fail animated GIF

• Loading the player...
  • I don't know why you would not of just told your Neighbours that the topic was not up for discussion. I mean if your parents are visiting then just ask your neighbour to return at a later time or inform her you find it uncomfortable and inappropriate to discuss such things. Also, you can add that there is no need to discuss options of naturally inducing labor because you're not even trying to do so at this point. But again, those are recommended. I personally would of told my Neighbour, or anybody for that matter, that it was a useless topic because I'm not trying to induce labor, and there's a time and a place for that certain discussion and YOU'LL bring the topic up when ready if you have any questions or advice for anyone other than a medical professional. I just would of put a stop to it before it went that far if it really made me that uncomfortable.
  • I don't know why you would not of just told your Neighbours that the topic was not up for discussion. I mean if your parents are visiting then just ask your neighbour to return at a later time or inform her you find it uncomfortable and inappropriate to discuss such things. Also, you can add that there is no need to discuss options of naturally inducing labor because you're not even trying to do so at this point. But again, those are recommended. I personally would of told my Neighbour, or anybody for that matter, that it was a useless topic because I'm not trying to induce labor, and there's a time and a place for that certain discussion and YOU'LL bring the topic up when ready if you have any questions or advice for anyone other than a medical professional. I just would of put a stop to it before it went that far if it really made me that uncomfortable.

Gosh I wish I was that up front! This is the same neighbor that during my baby shower would comment on every item I got, saying "oh I read those can cause __" or "you won't really need that". I kind of just bite my tongue with her, because I feel like if when, if ever, I actually say something I'm going to be a huge bitch.
    But. You're right. It bothers me a lot and I should just speak up for myself.
  • Lurker here (I"m only 14 weeks).

Castor oil is not recommended anymore. Any respected physician would not recommend it to their patients. Also, if the baby is not due yet, no home remedies will help especially at 3 weeks early. People used to recommend it once a mother was overdue. That is not the case with the OP anyway.

• I'm over 40 weeks now and I'm just over people giving me suggestions in general. This is my second child that I've carried over so this isn't my first rodeo and you think at this point I haven't tried just about everything safe? Of course I've had sex with my husband, but thank you for suggesting that I need to do it more and certain ways... Not weird at all!
  • kqualls5 said:

I don't know why you would not of just told your Neighbours that the topic was not up for discussion. I mean if your parents are visiting then just ask your neighbour to return at a later time or inform her you find it uncomfortable and inappropriate to discuss such things. Also, you can add that there is no need to discuss options of naturally inducing labor because you're not even trying to do so at this point. But again, those are recommended. I personally would of told my Neighbour, or anybody for that matter, that it was a useless topic because I'm not trying to induce labor, and there's a time and a place for that certain discussion and YOU'LL bring the topic up when ready if you have any questions or advice for anyone other than a medical professional. I just would of put a stop to it before it went that far if it really made me that uncomfortable.

Gosh I wish I was that up front! This is the same neighbor that during my baby shower would comment on every item I got, saying "oh I read those can cause __" or "you won't really need that". I kind of just bite my tongue with her, because I feel like if when, if ever, I actually say something I'm going to be a huge bitch.
    But. You're right. It bothers me a lot and I should just speak up for myself.
    It seems like your neighbor is to openly spoken lol and a lot of people are these days. However, nicely telling them that you are uncomfortable openly discussing such private, personal and intimate topics doesn't make you a bitch, just makes you honest and allows them to know boundaries :smile: If they choose to think you a bitch for being nicely honest about how you feel discussing certain things then that's their problem. I am always nice to people, but I'm blunt and straightforward as well, if they don't know how to handle my honesty then oh well. By no means do I try to come off as a biotch but everyone needs to know their limits and boundaries and be respected. I would just nicely tell whomever that it's uncomfortable and inappropriate in your eyes and to nicely change the subject :wink: hopefully they can take the information like an adult.
  • I know exactly what you mean.
    Everyone wants to get involved and throw in their two cents when you're pregnant. I've had people who've never even have kids trying to give me 'advice' which is completely misinformed. I know they're only trying to help but I do think sometimes people just say stuff for the sake of it. And I totally understand why it's embarrassing to say that stuff about nipples and cum in front of your parents, I cannot imagine saying anything like that in front of my mum! I don't even think she'd registered that my partner and I were sexually active when I told her we were pregnant! Haha!
  • I agree with you, they were totally out of line. People seem to think they can say anything to you when you are pregnant. It's unbelievable.
    Exactly this. And (in my experience), it doesn't stop once you've given birth, either. "Oh, you've had a baby? Let me tell you what I think about your chosen method of feeding/diapering/put these socks and hat on even though it's 100 degrees outside/why in the hell would you carry your baby? buy a stroller", etc. 

Pisses me off. 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Lurker here (I"m only 14 weeks).

Castor oil is not recommended anymore. Any respected physician would not recommend it to their patients. Also, if the baby is not due yet, no home remedies will help especially at 3 weeks early. People used to recommend it once a mother was overdue. That is not the case with the OP anyway.

I think OP knows this, hence why she thought the advice was ridiculous.