Pregnant after IF

*1st Tri Check-In 12/28*

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. I know we've all gone through a lot to get to this point so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months!

Please post a little about yourself, your EDD (if it’s not listed below), any upcoming appointments, symptoms, etc. Feel free to also share your IF journey, I know many of us can relate.

QOTW: Have you ladies starting taking any belly bump pictures? Anyone starting to show? Anyone as bloated as I am that they can’t tell if they are just super bloated or actually starting to show off a little baby belly?!?!

Congrats to all of the Mommies to be:
@aceoffaith EDD 7/4/16
@mechelita44 EDD 7/20/16
@kbear28 EDD 7/24/16
@TerraMae80 EDD 8/7/16
@poeface EDD 8/8/16
@rshatsky EDD 8/24/16
@ShayLatrice EDD 8/25/16
@emsmama15 EDD 8/29/16
@rabeckap EDD ??????

***The 1st Trimester Group will need a NEW LEADER in about 2 weeks since I will be moving into my second trimester soon!!! Let me know if you are interested in being the leader. All you have to do is start up a chat each week. It’s easy, it’s fun and it’s a great way for all of us to connect and share our stories!***

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

Re: *1st Tri Check-In 12/28*

• Morning! As of yesterday, I am officially 8 weeks. My family seems to think I am showing. I can't tell if I'm showing or bloated from the Progesterone. My appetite has come back, so maybe it's a little of that too. I also heard that the second pregnancy shows quicker than the first. I just can't wait to feel those rolls and kicks again.  My next appointment is Jan 4th with my OB for a U/S. I can't wait. Lately, I've felt tired and super moody. Here's my "bump" 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• @TerraMae80 - that DEFINITELY looks like a baby bump!  Unlike my own 6 months pregnant appearing bloat.  My progesterone was 191 last week, so my NP at the RE office laughed and said the bloat would last awhile.  GREAT!!  No bump pictures yet.  :)

I'm 5 weeks today from my first IVF.  We did a fresh transfer of 2 embryos.  I had a third beta today.  They offered me one for peace of mind since I don't get an ultrasound until 7 weeks and of course I took it.  I'm hoping for a big number so I can worry a little less!  Ultrasound will be the week of 1/10.  Other than that, I have cramping, (sometimes kind of stabby), acne, I'm starving, and I had my first bout of nausea/dizziness over the weekend at work - I have to stand and round on my patients for a couple hours and that was apparently too much.  Note to self - sit during rounds.  Like @TerraMae80 - I can't WAIT to feel the movements.  I miss that part of pregnancy so much!!  :) 
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Awww...looks like a cute bump to me. I'm 5 weeks 4 days today and I really don't know what to think or expect. I'm super nervous about how the pregnancy is progressing, I guess that is the curse of having 2 prior miscarriages. I only  had 2 betas and while they both were good and RE is confident... I'm not as confident as she is. My ultrasound isn't until Jan 5th... I'm just trying to remain positive until then.

*** Pregnancy & Miscarriage Mentioned***
    ME: 34/DH: 33
    TTC (On & Off) Since 2008
    Diagnosed DOR August 2013 
    2009-2013 6 Clomid Rounds which resulted in 3 Cysts/Had to take some time off from TTC
    10/2014 ~ BFP (Natural Pregnancy) after 3 months Acupuncture/Miscarriage at 10 wks
    7/2015 ~ Med Protocol#1: Failed Cycle/Only 1 Egg/Unable to convert to IUI because thin uterus lining
    08/2015 ~ Med Protocol #2: Started stims 09/13
    ER 10/9 with 6 Eggs Retrieved/3 SNOWFLAKES!!

10/22/15 ~ AF Showed up, waiting for Fibroid removal.
    10/28/15 ~ Saline Ultrasound - Fibroids were gone. FET scheduled for December 3rd!
    12/08/15 ~ FET of one hatching Embaby

12/21/15 ~ 13dp5dfet Beta 755! I'M PREGNANT!!!/ 
    12/23/15 ~15dp5dfet Beta 1539!

01/05/16 ~ 1st Ultrasound - 2 little beans and 2 Heartbeats (120 & 125 bpm)

My Fur Baby: Diva Celeste McClendon

• @emsmama15  oh I felt all the same things you're feeling. With my first I didn't have anything. I think I jinxed myself. Now I have it all, the gas, the acne, dizziness, nausea, and the headaches. OH the headaches are so bad. 

Isn't maddening how much we worry? I've had two U/S and I am still so worried. I can't wait to see the 9 weeks U/S because I couldn't see much at my 7 weeks. And although it's exactly the same as my first, for some reason this one is stressing me out more. 

Good luck with the BETA numbers, you're numbers look so great, I just know you're going to have a healthy and happy 9 months! ♥
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Hi new here. 4w4d today from our 5th transfer. Only 2 betas. first was low at 32 on 12/24, second 183 on 12/27. Wahoo! EDD 9/1/16. First ultrasound scheduled for 1/1. Nervous and excited. We transferred only one. And I'm on lovenox. I think that is what finally made a difference. They just upped dose on my progesterone injections. Yuck. Also on progesterone inserts and estrogen shots. I'm a happy sore bruised pincushion. Hormone rollercoaster fun times! So excited to be here finally. This will be our first. I had a chemical on our first cycle 15 months ago
  • @ShayLatrice You've been through a lot. Your BETA numbers look fantastic. Lots of sticky baby dust your way! I don't think the worrying ever goes away, not even after they are born. There's one point in pregnancy when you're on cloud nine and that's feeling the baby move around, because you know there's a baby in there and it's growing. I can't wait to feel that again. 

@duchessofravity Congrats!!!!!! What a great way to start of the New Year! ♥
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• @TerraMae80 Thanks. so many of my other IF buddies have said the same thing. I'm trying to relax... I think I've calmed down a little over the past 2 days. But I'm still super nervous. 

2009-2013 6 Clomid Rounds which resulted in 3 Cysts/Had to take some time off from TTC
    10/2014 ~ BFP (Natural Pregnancy) after 3 months Acupuncture/Miscarriage at 10 wks
    7/2015 ~ Med Protocol#1: Failed Cycle/Only 1 Egg/Unable to convert to IUI because thin uterus lining

10/28/15 ~ Saline Ultrasound - Fibroids were gone. FET scheduled for December 3rd!

• @ShayLatrice HAHAH Relax while doing IVF, is that even possible? I keep telling myself the same thing, that I'm pregnant, I need to calm down and enjoy this but it's so hard. I think it'd be entirely different if I could get pregnant without help, maybe not, but you sort of feel like you're in control and you're trying to do everything just right to make sure you make that baby stick. It's a vicious cycle of thinking. But yes, the best thing you can do is relax and let your body do the work because the truth is that you don't have control and that's the hardest part to come to terms with, for me anyways. LOL 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• I am so happy to have found this group! I was thinking of removing myself from the bump because my month board is just so full of people, I can't keep up with anything!

I'm currently 8w4d and have an EDD of 8/6/16. DH and I got pregnant on our 20th month of trying, which was my last attempt at injects before talong a 4 mon the break and doING IVF. For the first of my 20 cycles, I was actually convinced it didn't work and was incredibly shocked and happy to see it did. It was by far the most stressful month from start to finish I've had in years and just thought my stress level killed my chances. Glad to see I was wrong! My first Beta 4w2d was 1075 and my second beta at 4w5d was 3105, so my RE was really thinking we'd have at least 2, but just one stuck around.

We had our 4th ultrasound yesterday at 8w3d, and it was incredible. We got to hear the heartbeat for the first time and the baby was moving his arms and legs all around. Such an incredible experience, and I too can't wait to be able to feel the movements. That was my first ultrasound with my new OB. I graduated from my RE before Christmas. I have my first prenatal appointment next week on Thursday.

QOTW: My DH makes me take a picture everyday. He wants to make a flip book to see my belly grow. So far, not much progress. I've actually (unintentionally) lost about 4 pounds since my BFP. I'm thinking it must be water weight from the meds.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • @riveridgional Welcome and congrats!!!! My EDD is 8/7! 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Welcome and congratulations @duchessofravity and @riveridgional!!! So happy to have you join us!

I had my first OB appt with the NP today at 11 weeks and my second ultrasound! Baby is just shy of 2 inches long and was moving around like CRAZY!!! We saw it hiccup (or at least that's what it looked like) and it appeared to be sucking it's thumb! So amazing and surreal. Back to the OB in 4 weeks and will meet with our doctor then.

@ShayLatrice and @emsmama15 I was (still am) nervous. I think after going through IF your feelings and emotions just aren't the same as the ladies who didn't need the extra help... which is why I love that this group exists! I checked out the birth month groups and just felt like I didn't belong. Glad I found you mommies!

Def have a little baby bump. Even the ultrasound tech commented on it today :smile: but even before that I was super bloated from the Stim meds. The bloating went away for like 2 days, then the bump appeared :smile: Took my first bump pic at 10 weeks and I'll be taking another tomorrow which I'll post.
  • @mechelita44 Your ultrasound experience sounds so incredible! I also felt the same way about my birth month club. I also missed the smaller board atmosphere where it's easier to follow other people's journies and take a real interest in them!

@TerraMae80 How exciting! We'll really be going through this together!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• Hi everyone!
    So glad I found this. We transferred our last 2 frozen 5 day blast December 8th. Today we are 5w6d. 6w on New Year's Day
  • @Annacygirl Welcome and congrats! Do you have your first ultrasound scheduled to see how many took?
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Welcome and congratulations @Annacygirl !!!
  • And here is my 11 week baby bump :blush:

• Congrats everyone.

A friend of mine that also went through Fertility treatments reminded me that we don't have to love every minute of our pregnancy. It's OK not to be thrilled every second. Grateful is OK. But we will be scared and sad and it is OK. Just wanted to let you guys know. It was freeing to me.
  • Hello, I am currently 7 w 1 d, saw a heartbeat of 125 3 days ago and was discharged by RE. Will be seeing an OB in the next few weeks. We got pregnant randomly on an off month during a trip to Italy after unsuccessful IUIs and were about to be moving on to IVF. Then surprise! I'm anxious and every cramp has me running to the bathroom to check that I'm not bleeding. I hope my neuroticism subsides:) congrats to everyone on their pregnancies!
  • @mechelita44 Love the bump pic! It's perfect! 

Congrats to everyone, omg, so many pregnancies! What a great thread we have going here!!!! 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• TerraMae80TerraMae80 member
    edited January 2016
    So, ok. My EDD was changed yet again back to 8/4, baby is measuring 9wks4days, HB was 159 and I saw him/her wiggle!!! After the spotting last week I am so relieved! I hope everyone had a great New Years!
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• @TerraMae80 Don't you love how your due date changes at every appointment?! Same thing keeps happening to me but I've stuck to the original date in my mind since the changes have been + or - 2 days. Great picture :smile:
  • I must say, I like it much more now that I'm nearly 10 weeks instead of just 9.  It's amazing how a week makes such a huge difference! 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• My due date has changed to August 4th because there were 2 heartbeats at my ultrasound. Identical twins...I'm so shocked and overwhelmed.

• @ShayLatrice that's amazing!! Take some deep breaths :)
  • @ShayLatrice Oh my goodness!!! Wow that's amazing! 
  • OMG @ShayLatrice!!!! How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic