Multiples

SCH around baby A...

I'm 8w 3d today with twins! I started bleeding on Christmas night, at 7w 1d. Went to the ER the next day to get some reassurance. Both babies were doing wonderful, but baby A has a small hematoma around it. The doctor seemed very optimistic based on how small it was. She said it was less than 20% of the size of the baby, the didn't even give me a measurement for it. I've been spotting consistently and had a decent bleed on New Year's Eve. No clots or tissue passed so far. I just keep trying to telling myself that it's the hematoma resolving itself. The doctor has placed me on pelvic rest and a modified bed rest because of my past history of loss earlier this year. I have another appt this Thursday, I will be 9 weeks then.

Any moms out there have any experience with a SCH around one baby?

I've tried to do a search on previous posts but couldn't find anything.

Re: SCH around baby A...

• Yes, I had a similar situation when I was pregnant with my twins.  I had a small hematoma around one baby and had quite a bit of spotting throughout my first trimester.  My Dr was optimistic too that all would be ok but I stilI panicked everytime I went to the bathroom.  At my 12 week ultrasound it was mostly gone and by 16 weeks it wasn't there at all.  I had a healthy pregnancy after that..   I wish you all the best of luck and hopefully they will do an ultrasound on Thursday for you!
  • Yes. I had two SCHs during my first trimester - both more than 20% the size compared to the babies. Both bled out and were reabsorbed fairly quickly.

I know it's terrifying, but if the doctor isn't too concerned, you shouldn't be either. Take it easy and try not to stress too much about it (uh, yea right, I know) and good luck at your u/s.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you both for the positive stories!! I had a SCH with my first pregnancy. It resolved around 12 weeks and we lost her at 16 weeks, still don't know what caused it. The only thing they could come up with was the SCH caused a weak spot in her placenta. Which means I'm totally terrified something like that will happen again.

I worry every time I wipe and see that blood there. Fx that everything is going to be just fine. All I pray for on a daily basis is two healthy, full term babies.
  • Oh my goodness, that's terrible, I'm so sorry for your loss.
    We had two mid 1st trimester losses so when I saw the blood with the first sch, I screamed bloody murder in my home. The second bleed, I screamed in restaurant bathroom, scaring the woman in the stall beside me.
    The sight of blood is terrifying in pregnancy.
    Fx for your twins!
  • So sorry about your losses as well. It's the toughest thing any momma has to go through.
  • I had a SCH with my first twin pregnancy, it resolved itself by 15 weeks, wishing you well.
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!