January 2016 Moms
Options

Official Labor Watch Thread (L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

Re: Official Labor Watch Thread (L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

• Options
    Congrats to the new moms and those who are in L&D! I have. Question.... In 39 weeks and 4 day. Had some non-stop cramping all night last night, but nothing timetable or unbearable. Woke up today with horrible back pain for the first time in a long time. Just wondering if I should be on caution or if it's nothing to worry about. I am very anxious to have my baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Apthor02 said:

FTM here, on Dec 19th (36wk +4)me and hubby went to L&D because I was having contractions 5mins apart for over an hr. They check me was at 0cm still (same as 36appointment 4daya ago) and they have we walk the halls for an hour to see if I progressed any where. They sent me home because I barely progressed at all, not even a full cm. At my 37wk appointment (23rd) I was 2cm almost 3cm. And now at my 38wk appointment the 30th I was 3cm almost 4cm. Contractions and Braxton hicks everyday but no water breaking or unbearable. Running joke is that by the time I really go in labor I will be over half way there. Any other mother experience this? Will I go in the next day or two? Exhausted.

Sounds pretty familiar, though I haven't headed in to L&D, or quite as Dialated... I'm due tomorrow, but been past a 1 with daily symptoms since 36+1. I hope you have better luck!
  • Options
    I'm 36+2 and pretty frustrated that I haven't lost my mucus plug yet. When did you guys lose yours?
  • Options

I'm 36+2 and pretty frustrated that I haven't lost my mucus plug yet. When did you guys lose yours?

I'm 39+5 and haven't lost mine. Or, if I have, I didn't notice. Never noticed last pregnancy either, though my twins came almost 5 weeks early and I wasn't dialated at the appt right before so it might have come out when I was already in labor at the hospital.
  • Options

39+1 and haven't lost mine either. All I've had going on so far is occasional cramping and BH.
  • Options
    I'm freaking out that I'm not going to make it to my scheduled csection. (As I will have to go to another hospital with a not so great reputation- that is far away, as mine has no emergency department) I've been cramping and contracting, VERY frequently but not with regularity to time then, and get hot flushes, and feeling sooooo tired- I've been losing my mucus plug since 32 week. I'm literally lounging around doing nothing, really hopeing not to encourage progress... Does anyone have any tips on helping bub stay put? I'm scheduled in 2 days- so it's not to long- and I know it can take awhile... So there is hope!
  • Options

I've been losing mine for a couple of weeks. 36+6 today and lost two chunks yesterday. I would have written it off as normal discharge if I wasn't so dang disgusting and check my TP for blood every time I wipe and check the consistency to see if it's my mucus plug.
  • Options
    @ashhsa My birth class teacher said a warm bath can slow down or stall early labor, so maybe try that?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    Hi I'm 36+5 and I'm so fed up already. I know I can't talk as lots of people are further ahead and I know how that feels as I've gone the full two weeks over on two of my past pregnancies. However I was contracting last night every 7 minutes then after 2-3 hours they disappear - it was of course from 11-2 in the morning so I'm shattered and now emotional due to sleep deprevation. I know I'm a fourth time mum so I should know better but anyone else had strong Braxton hicks/contractions and had them turn into labour? I was induced with all my other 3 so only know what strong, quick and painful labours feel like (induction is meant to be far more painful but I have no comparison?!!!)
    Thanks
  • Options
    Thanks @claireloSC I'll def try it!! Anything to calm my anxiety!! Lol
  • Options
    Iv been having intense BH for a few days now. Sometimes they are 5 mins apart, sometimes they're half a day apart! Also been having lower back pain, sharp pain in my cervix (sometimes when Bub is moving, sometimes not). I'm 39 weeks today, FTM. Just wish labour would either start and progress, or not tease me!! Feeling pretty stir crazy waiting for it all to start! 
  • Options
    I get intense BH too and I feel like that could be the moment but as many have mentioned not everyone loses their MP.
  • Options
    Question: first time mom and I'm 40+1 today. I haven't experienced any BH at all and I don't know if I've had contractions. The only thing I know I've felt is really mild period like cramps randomly. They aren't timeable but they are super slowly increasing daily. I've been told contractions don't actually feel like menstrual cramps but then what are these cramps? They aren't BH, and my uterus doesn't tighten at all either
  • Options
    I'm due in 7 days. FTM. For 3 days now I've had sharp 'cramps' in my lower back and pelvic area. Sometimes it stops me in my tracks and takes my breath away. I think I've lost my mucus plug (bloody snot looking stuff)...but my 'contractions' aren't regular. I feel shakey and nauseous...and now my stomach is very very tender and sore. I've contemplated calling the nurse in the am..but I dont know if I should...
  • Options
    I'm laying in bed and can feel baby's hands veeeeeery low. Waiting to see him wave at this rate.
    Seriously though. It feels like he is on the verge of breaking my water.
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • Options
    @babybluu the menstrual cramps is common and doesn't mean anything bad, but it isn't a contraction either. Doesn't seem to mean you will or won't go into labor soon.
  • Options
    babybluu said:

Question: first time mom and I'm 40+1 today. I haven't experienced any BH at all and I don't know if I've had contractions. The only thing I know I've felt is really mild period like cramps randomly. They aren't timeable but they are super slowly increasing daily. I've been told contractions don't actually feel like menstrual cramps but then what are these cramps? They aren't BH, and my uterus doesn't tighten at all either

@babybluu My OB says the menstrual cramps are, in fact, Braxton Hicks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ashhsa if you can, get done Epsom salt and dump a bunch in your bath. You'll absorb the magnesium sulfate through your skin and it supposedly helps. Do not ingest it though. You won't get too much absorbing through your skin but you def don't want to take it internally without being under supervision of dr.

Good luck! You're very close!!
  • Options

I'm due in 7 days. FTM. For 3 days now I've had sharp 'cramps' in my lower back and pelvic area. Sometimes it stops me in my tracks and takes my breath away. I think I've lost my mucus plug (bloody snot looking stuff)...but my 'contractions' aren't regular. I feel shakey and nauseous...and now my stomach is very very tender and sore. I've contemplated calling the nurse in the am..but I dont know if I should...

My guess would be that your body is getting ready but if you are worried about something never hesitate to call
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm in labor! I'm so relieved considering my dr. was going out of town on the 13th and things were gonna get complicated after that.

Started off as a really bad backache. Felt like the backache I get when I start my period. Then after about an hour I started contracting every 7-10 minutes. So early labor, it's 2am here and I haven't slept a wink. :(

I kinda feel bad because I run a daycare and just texted all my parents that there was no baby yet and we were good to come back this Monday (after a weeks vacation). Oh well :(

• Options
    ack! woke up to some intense cramping. I don't know how to describe it. Like period cramps I guess? but through the whole belly. with braxton hicks mixed in. the cramping is pretty consistent. it doesn't go away when I change positions or go to the bathroom. 
    This kinda hurts.

N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • Options
    Hi guys!  Woke up this morning and every time I walk I'm feeling  A LOT of pressure/pain in my pelvis.  It seriously feels like he's about to fall out, but I'm not having any cramping.  Should I just assume that he moved downward a bit at this point?

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options
    Meg920Meg920 member
    edited January 2016
    @nlwz123 how far along are you? I had this happen at about 34-36 weeks. My baby had dropped and was sitting on some nerves too making it hard (and painful) to walk. Luckily it subsided a bit after a few weeks.

It wouldn't hurt to call your doctor just to be safe! I know I gave them a call when t happened to me! Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Meg920 said:
    @nlwz123 how far along are you? I had this happen at about 34-36 weeks. My baby had dropped and was sitting on some nerves too making it hard (and painful) to elk. Luckily it subsided a bit after a few weeks. It wouldn't hurt to call your doctor just to be safe! I know I gave them a call when t happened to me! Hope this helps!
    I will be 37 weeks on Wednesday.  My stomach doesn't look like it's dropped a ton in the last couple of weeks, but I've been carrying pretty low with him the whole pregnancy.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016

• Options
    @nlwz123 That happened to me when baby dropped/engaged (around 38 weeks for me). I happened to have an appt that day, they'll tell you it's totally normal! Even when - and I hope it doesn't happen to you- the pressure turns to stabbing "lightning crotch" pain when you walk! I think it's just another joy of 3rd trimester pregnancy. as uncomfortable as it is though, it's a good sign- it means baby is moving down: he knows the way out! ;)

ETA: I never really looked like I dropped either. Or, it was a more subtle change than a lot of women notice.
  • Options
    @nlwz123 That happened to me when baby dropped/engaged (around 38 weeks for me). I happened to have an appt that day, they'll tell you it's totally normal! Even when - and I hope it doesn't happen to you- the pressure turns to stabbing "lightning crotch" pain when you walk! I think it's just another joy of 3rd trimester pregnancy. as uncomfortable as it is though, it's a good sign- it means baby is moving down: he knows the way out! ;) ETA: I never really looked like I dropped either. Or, it was a more subtle change than a lot of women notice.
    Thanks!  I've had the pleasure of experiencing 'lightning crotch' already.  Loved explaining that one to the husband, haha.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016

• Options
    And that was a cruel cruel joke. Contractions that were moderately painful 7-8 mins apart, from 10-3:30am. Then I fell asleep and nothing! Woke up at 5 praying they'd come back but no. Now I have to take daycare kids on 3 hours of sleep!

Have an appt at 9:30 so here's to hoping I've dilated more than 1 cm (as I was last monday) and he can strip my membranes (and get this going again). UGH!

• Options
    Been up all night with decently painful contractions. In the last hour I've had about 1 every 4 minutes. They were bearable during the night and now they're starting to take my breath away. 37 weeks exactly! Thankfully my appointment is in an hour anyways. Hopefully this isn't all just a fake
  • Options
    36 weeks and nothing yet other than the usual uncomfortableness and occasional lighting crotch. In fact, after carrying low this whole pregnancy she seems to have risen up this past week or two and I feel significantly firmer with more pressure above my belly button than below. I have an appt later today, very curious to see what my OB says, I have a feeling this chica is staying put until February though. 

BabyFruit Ticker