February 2016 Moms

How is everyone feeling in the 3rd Trimester? Symptoms/Emotions?

2»

Re: How is everyone feeling in the 3rd Trimester? Symptoms/Emotions?

• I've had hip pain, back pain, aching belly-muscle pain...but the worst is the emotional roller coaster. I'm basically out of my mind. I find that going to bed really early - around 8 or earlier - helps me feel more sane the next day. Not completely, of course. But a little.

For those of you dealing with groin pain - my heart goes out to you. I had that for about six weeks. I got lucky and mine tapered off. Here's hoping the same goes for you!
  • I feel like a negative nancy. I was blessed with an easy pregnancy, up until now. I wasn't sick in 1st trimester, 2nd was cake, but literally just days into my third I stopped sleeping, starting getting heartburn, my feet would hurt, I'm uncomfortable pretty much all the time and I'm just ready to have her here!!! My hormones are nuts and I hate being the person huffing and puffing and always making sounds of discomfort lol
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been anticipating the aches and pains of pregnancy, but I've been very lucky so far (34weeks 3 days). I still wear heels comfortably at work so I'll call that a pregnancy win!

The hubs and I have been in house renovation mode (on our current home) for the last 22 months... And we are wrapping up our last pre-baby project - our master bedroom. So I've been crouched down or on a ladder each night painting/caulking/sanding and I have a slight heel pain that shows up at night when I've been on my feet all day.

My worst complaint (which has been going on since week 25) is insomnia. I either can't fall asleep or wake up at 1am each night. But I'll deal with it as long as I'm pain free.

As far as BH, I've been getting them since week 16. My uterus is well practiced by now! They have definitely gotten more intense recently, and every time i have one I have to go pee.

Although this is my first little one and I don't have anything to compare it too, I would say that my chiropractor has saved me! I see her every two weeks and I believe that's why I've been feeling so great.
  • I've had a pretty easy pregnancy up until the last few weeks. I've developed the most awful pain in my wrists and at the base of my thumbs. It hurts to brush my teeth; pull my hair in a ponytail or even pick up the cat. I tried a wrist brace but it didn't seem to immobilize the hands enough. When I spoke to the OB about it he said it may be carpal tunnel or all the relaxin in my system, but the only suggestion he had was to keep using the brace. He thinks it should go away once baby is born but it has me all freaked out because I don't want it to hurt to pick up and hold my baby.

Other than that. .. peeing. Just all the time the need to pee :-1:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Cheryl Renee
    Ugh, the anemia thing all the way. My iron pills have started making me uncontrollably vomit so I only take them once a day, I just can't handle throwing up like that again. I spend a good 90% of my time desperately trying to wake myself up.

This is me as well with my iron pill. Doc said to just take it once a day if I can. It's hard to do knowing I'm going to be sick right away.

I take it only at night now. I always make sure to eat something easy on my stomach before but it never works! I hate it. I tried other types of iron supplements too but my body doesn't care. You'd think our bodies would be kind to us and excited to be getting what it's lacking! I hope yours goes away soon! Or at least that it gets better.
  • FTM at 32 weeks tomorrow. It's been a rough ride but I was finally feeling better over the last few weeks. Now, all of a sudden, I feel like I'm going to throw up after every meal. I guess I'm probably eating too much but I'm having a hard time knowing when to stop eating because the sickness doesn't start until like an hour after eating. It's annoying. Also, sleeping is now impossible. Can't get comfortable and if I happen to, then I usually have to pee right away. Can't stay hydrated even though I feel like I'm constantly drinking water. Sorry for the gripefest, I'm just really ready to get this baby out of here!!!!
  • My OB walked into the room at my last appointment and asked how I'm feeling. I immediately started bawling.

So that pretty much sums it up.
  • Cheryl ReneeCheryl Renee member
    edited January 2016
    @VMonte said:
    I've had a pretty easy pregnancy up until the last few weeks. I've developed the most awful pain in my wrists and at the base of my thumbs. It hurts to brush my teeth; pull my hair in a ponytail or even pick up the cat. I tried a wrist brace but it didn't seem to immobilize the hands enough. When I spoke to the OB about it he said it may be carpal tunnel or all the relaxin in my system, but the only suggestion he had was to keep using the brace. He thinks it should go away once baby is born but it has me all freaked out because I don't want it to hurt to pick up and hold my baby. Other than that. .. peeing. Just all the time the need to pee :-1:
    I have carpal tunnel also.  It started during my 2nd tri.  I don't have severe pain, but my hand, wrist and sometimes arm, would go numb randomly.  Occasional pain, but nothing majorly painful like you are describing.  My doctor said to wear a brace at night, which helps a ton with the numbness.  After being diagnosed, I looked into it and discovered its often brought on by repetition.  In my case, I've noticed repeated typing or texting seem to make it hurt.  So not only do I sleep in my brace, but I also wear my brace during the day if I know that I will be doing repeated typing/texting for an extended amount of time.  I have also been told by several moms that have had this problem that it does in fact go away after birth!  Hang in there! Not much longer!
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was up most of the night throwing up. It was horrible and the worst indigestion I have had in forever. Even my H said he was scared because he didn't know what to do to help me.
  • Yikes! I've been super moody and annoyed with the general public when I go to the grocery store, Target, etc. Last weekend, I was crying as hard as I was laughing over absolutely nothing. My DH was just laughing and trying to console me, but he didn't know for what/why. Yesterday/Today, I was ready to choke DH. Why are they always so loving and affectionate when they know they've done wrong?!?! Pisses me off!
  • I am a FTM and sooo excited to have my baby already. I feel like I have most things taken care of. I haven't been hormonal at all really, but the pains I've been having have been torture. I cant sleep through the night without my hips hurting, my back also has been killing me. I get random bouts of nausea, no vomiting thank god but I've been burping up acid randomly and I consider that to be just as bad. I can't walk for more than a few minutes without my lower abdomen cramping up very bad so I walk the speed of a turtle. Sitting up or bending down hurts, and the peeing has gotten to a ridiculous level. I pee probably every hour - even at night so my nights are restless from that combined with the pain. Baby kicks all the time, and I'm nervous he's getting too big. At 29 weeks he was 4lbs so I'm nervous to hear an update on his size. I will be going for an ultrasound tomorrow so I'll find out what his size is an update then. Everything is feeling so real lately and I am getting super impatient.
  • I'm 34 weeks with my third. I have two boys 8&5. I'm currently sick with a bad cold and I'm miserable. I can't sleep at all. I average 4hours a night. This baby is so strong. It kicks all over the place. I hate picking up the house because of bending over. My back hurts my hands feel swollen. I'm so ready for this to be over. I don't know what I'm having and not knowing is killing me.