March 2016 Moms

Nursery Photos!

Re: Nursery Photos!

• We did the big ikea shop and are in the process of putting things together... but here is my mood board I put together so DH and I could agree on our plan before we started ... Instead of cheers it says ISLa

LFAF- Best Olympic Moments...  Jackie Joyner-Kersee

• Loading the player...
  • alxsa24 said:
    Still need the small things like changing mat on top of dresser and more storage, but Maddie's room is done! Wanted to avoid pink overload, so we did a minty hue with lavender touches. 
    BabyName Ticker

Lurking from the April 2016 board and love your nursery! Where did you get the bookshelves?
  • These are all adorable. I'm the worst, all we've done is take stuff out of the room and purchase furniture. It seems we have some work to do!
  • Furniture is ordered, waiting on a few wallpaper samples, in two weeks DH has a week off, so i really hope we can do a lot than because this is our current status...
  • I have nothing done! We are moving in with my father by the end of this month (our lease isn't up until after the baby is due but we will use that time to pare down our stuff to the essentials). We have a lazy boy thats a light brown which doesn't fit my vision for the room but I hope a pillow and a throw will match it all together. I'm also reusing my childhood dresser. I hope to start within the next week.
    DD: Beatrix Louise aka BeeBop. April 2 2016. H.I.E Warrior <3
  • @arcanejinx we were gifted a new brown leather lazy boy style chair for our nursery and were very grateful but also didn't fit our furniture style (we shy toward modern) or the colour scheme but I was surprised how a fun pillow and throw totally made me love it! We are lucky because brown is such a neutral colour.
  • @arcanejinx we were gifted a new brown leather lazy boy style chair for our nursery and were very grateful but also didn't fit our furniture style (we shy toward modern) or the colour scheme but I was surprised how a fun pillow and throw totally made me love it! We are lucky because brown is such a neutral colour.

Your back will thank you. I love my leather rocker recliner.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• skruhmin said:

@arcanejinx we were gifted a new brown leather lazy boy style chair for our nursery and were very grateful but also didn't fit our furniture style (we shy toward modern) or the colour scheme but I was surprised how a fun pillow and throw totally made me love it! We are lucky because brown is such a neutral colour.

skruhmin said:

@arcanejinx we were gifted a new brown leather lazy boy style chair for our nursery and were very grateful but also didn't fit our furniture style (we shy toward modern) or the colour scheme but I was surprised how a fun pillow and throw totally made me love it! We are lucky because brown is such a neutral colour.

skruhmin said:

I agree- we have a full upholstered glider in dd1's room and it is SO comfortable. I'm really sad that it's too big to fit into our new baby's nursery.

Not only is it nice to have during late night feeds but we also use it a ton during the day to relax while DD plays in her nursery. Definitely one of our best nursery investments (and it looks really cute so it'll have a happy home in our living room when the kids get older).
  • @foxbaby2016 I got the shelves from Ikea online. They are meant to display photos. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40291790/
    Her room is too small for a lot of furniture pieces. I am looking for storage ideas on how to organize the first drawer in that little dresser for her changing needs. So, if you have any ideas please share!  ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyName Tickerimage
    htXwtovaTJdpYWdwarEkJHzEUSRecZJa_lgjpg 
  • @PinkSunglasses16 this is a cute idea. I wanted to put diapers, lotions/creams, wipes and such in the top drawer... What do you recommend to keep that drawer organized. It's an older dresser from when my DH was a little boy so they're very wide and long, but not very deep for baskets in there. 
    BabyName Tickerimage
  • alxsa24 said:
    @PinkSunglasses16 this is a cute idea. I wanted to put diapers, lotions/creams, wipes and such in the top drawer... What do you recommend to keep that drawer organized. It's an older dresser from when my DH was a little boy so they're very wide and long, but not very deep for baskets in there. 
    The Container Store is amazing for organization.  Something like this https://www.containerstore.com/s/twill-drawer-organizers/d?productId=10036621&q=drawer%20organizers or this https://www.containerstore.com/s/slotted-interlocking-drawer-organizers/d?productId=10026838&q=drawer%20organizers

DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Does this strike you as being for a girl or being neutral?  
    https://www.serenaandlily.com/banded-linen-collection---aqua/citron/P10217.html?cgid=kids-baby-for-baby-girls#start=17
    I even love the lemon wallpaper for one accent wall.  Also all our nursery furniture is white, so I think that would look good.  I don't know why but I keep being drawn toward less pink rooms despite the fact that I've done so many boy rooms!!  
  • @FutureMrsCaesar Oh My GOSH!! I love the lemon wallpaper so much!! I'm pretty sad I can't use it in my nursery. 

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • @FutureMrsCaesar totally works for a girl room :)
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Does this strike you as being for a girl or being neutral?  
    https://www.serenaandlily.com/banded-linen-collection---aqua/citron/P10217.html?cgid=kids-baby-for-baby-girls#start=17
    I even love the lemon wallpaper for one accent wall.  Also all our nursery furniture is white, so I think that would look good.  I don't know why but I keep being drawn toward less pink rooms despite the fact that I've done so many boy rooms!!  
    I like it no matter what the sex.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Super cute, regardless of sex.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @skruhmin and @Jessimuca I've had the lazy boy for 2 years, we were gifted with our first and you're right it's perfect. We were going to purchase a wooden glider from target/BRU but I suggest a more substantial chair to all my friends, even if it's a dated hand-me-down, comfort first!
  • red3ye said:

I have been avoiding this thread like the plague. I have nothing ready, no idea when we will have it ready... so not ready for them this time. Last time, we were ready by 30 weeks.

Right there with you. Our nursery is still being used as our dog's room. Dog fur everywhere. No where near ready.
  • chime said:

red3ye said:

I have been avoiding this thread like the plague. I have nothing ready, no idea when we will have it ready... so not ready for them this time. Last time, we were ready by 30 weeks.

Right there with you. Our nursery is still being used as our dog's room. Dog fur everywhere. No where near ready.
    Our cats think it's their room. One sleeps on the changing table pad, one in the crib...
  • I have been avoiding this thread like the plague. I have nothing ready, no idea when we will have it ready... so not ready for them this time. Last time, we were ready by 30 weeks.
    Our cats think it's their room. One sleeps on the changing table pad, one in the crib...
    my dog is a bit miffed that we took the bed out of that room since he used to lay on it in the afternoon sun.... so he has taken to laying under the bassinette for the moment... 

Part of my motivation to having it done and setting it up and playing with things is to get him used to it before we used it

• @alxa24 IKEA actually makes some purpose built organizer for inside your dresser drawers too. I saw some wide skinny ones there this weekend if you have one by you.

• I got a bunch of these at Ikea last weekend for the dresser. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50300275/#/30300281

My inspiration for organizing the dresser:
    https://www.twotwentyone.net/nursery-dresser-organization/

Happy decorating! We still have a few more things to hang then will post some pics. Love looking at what everyone has come up with! :-)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• eivaska said:
    @alxa24 IKEA actually makes some purpose built organizer for inside your dresser drawers too. I saw some wide skinny ones there this weekend if you have one by you.
    eivaska said:
    @alxa24 IKEA actually makes some purpose built organizer for inside your dresser drawers too. I saw some wide skinny ones there this weekend if you have one by you.
    Skubb... got them... love them... make folding baby clothes so much easier... I go for the fold in half then trifold and stack horizonally so I can see evertthing... onesises get folded in half and rolled from the feet... I will take pics :p

• You guys are so organized. Good role models for someone like myself, I aspire to be organized one day.

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  •  @alxsa24  you could do cute baskets on the wall for extra storage. I too have a small room and a tiny dresser. I am going to do something very similiar to this since its pretty inexpensive (hobby lobby has adorable baskets) and a great way to have storage w/o taking up floor space.
    We are doing something similar! I bought some metal wire baskets from Hobby Lobby and I spray painted them gold to match the decor in the rest of our room. Dh has yet to hang them on the wall
  • @skruhmin and @Jessimuca I've had the lazy boy for 2 years, we were gifted with our first and you're right it's perfect. We were going to purchase a wooden glider from target/BRU but I suggest a more substantial chair to all my friends, even if it's a dated hand-me-down, comfort first!

The best, right? Ours technically isn't a lazy boy but it's full upholstered and it reclines. Once I added gc's and the 20% coupon (the gap at bbb told me that most people don't know you can use the coupons on gliders) it ended up being around the same price as one of the wooden ones. I was especially grateful for it last night when my sick 18 month old needed some snuggles at night!

Seriously, one of the best investments we made.
  • @eivaska yes these are perfect! How are mom's having girls displaying hair bows, headbands, and such. If not displaying, how are they organizing these. With the first grand-daughter for both sides and only girl on my in-laws in a very long time. I'm accumulating so many girly bows, headbands, barrettes.  B) Madison is already getting spoiled! My DH wanted a girl, but I don't think he realized how much it would cost him. LOL.
     BTW I'm addicted to cute baby boutiques that I follow on IG. 
    BabyName Tickerimage
  • alxsa24 said:

@eivaska yes these are perfect! How are mom's having girls displaying hair bows, headbands, and such. If not displaying, how are they organizing these. With the first grand-daughter for both sides and only girl on my in-laws in a very long time. I'm accumulating so many girly bows, headbands, barrettes.  B) Madison is already getting spoiled! My DH wanted a girl, but I don't think he realized how much it would cost him. LOL.

I am making this for bows...

I have the monogram painted I just need to add the ribbon.
  • I personally don't like middle names (my full name is really long without a middle and never fits in those form with boxes) but seeing these beautiful monograms tugs at my heart and makes me feel left out. Two letter monograms just look goofy :(.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • @soxfan9968 I have a friend who doesn't have a middle name, and always felt left out (not for monograms, he's a guy) so he just "invented" a middle initial and uses that. We got into this hilarious drunken circular conversation about it at a bar one night. Anyway, he went with X because it's "cool" and that ended up being my son's middle initial too. He got a kick out of that. (Sorry, totally random and nothing to do with this post.)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Still more to go but so far so good

Where did you get your monogram? I'm having a really hard time finding one this big!

• @soxfan9968 I don't have a middle name. So I am making sure my kids have middle names so they can enjoy the monogramming.
    BabyName Tickerimage
  • alxsa24 said:

@eivaska yes these are perfect! How are mom's having girls displaying hair bows, headbands, and such. If not displaying, how are they organizing these. With the first grand-daughter for both sides and only girl on my in-laws in a very long time. I'm accumulating so many girly bows, headbands, barrettes.  B) Madison is already getting spoiled! My DH wanted a girl, but I don't think he realized how much it would cost him. LOL.

For dd1 we used one of her apothecary jars (I have 3 in her room of varying sizes).