November 2015 Moms

Gassy Baby 2.0

There's no sugarcoating this - my girl farts like a man lol! Like grown man, machine gun room clearing gas. I noticed she farts a lot when she is nursing but it occurs at other times as well. I'm dairy-free and very mindful of the food I eat because I don't want to aggravate the situation. Sometimes she fusses but other than that there's no visible pain/discomfort/etc that would give me pause. She doesn't have reflux and burps like a champ after every feeding, poop is normal so what could this possibly mean other than there's a teenage boy trapped in her little sweet body...

I know its better out than in but this seems so odd to me... is this happening to anyone else?

Re: Gassy Baby 2.0

• My darling little boy can also clear the room with the gas he lets rip constantly! He also doesn't appear to be in pain or bothered by this, he is EBF so I'm sure it's caused by something I'm eating but as it isn't bothering him I'm not planning on changing my diet, he has his next pedi appointment next week so I'll probably bring it up just to see what says but I'm not overly concerned at this point! Sorry I have no advice just wanted to let you know you're not alone!
  • She poops every time she eats?!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, I misread the punctuation sorry. I've got burp envy though! Our dd gets all bottled up sometimes-wish she could burp and fart like your lo!
  • Gas is normal, even a lot of gas. So long your LO is not bothered by it there is no need to worry. Our LO farts all the times, our toddler thinks it is so funny every time she farts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • When they nurse they are relaxed and the gas comes easier.
  • Sounds normal. DS farts all the time, especially when he's sleeping. DH and I think it's hilarious, we've basically devolved to the humor of five year old boys in this house.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Sounds normal. DS farts all the time, especially when he's sleeping. DH and I think it's hilarious, we've basically devolved to the humor of five year old boys in this house.

Same here. DH and I are constantly cracking up when DS farts. It's absolutely hilarious!
  • My LO is 6 weeks has a lot of gas too but he also grunts a lot and cries out sometimes. I EBF and have thought that it might be tied to what I'm eating but he seems to do it all the time no matter what I eat. I'm wondering if I should try some of the gas drops that many have posted about on other posts. Did anyone here talk to pedi about it or just go and get the drops and start using them?
  • Yup. My little girl could give a grown man a run for his money. She can fart so loud. It's hilarious. She usually poops every time she eats too. If not poop than at least sharts. She's a gassy little thing. Occasionally it gets trapped so she'll nurse/comfort suck to get things moving.
  • My DD also has man farts. She farts up a storm every time she poops. She is EBF and I just figure this is normal since its been happening since day 1.
  • I used to think it was husband that's letting them rip and blaming it on baby, until he had a crazy fart session for about 20 minutes last night. Smelled so terrible and it was LOUD!! I blame it on the tacos.
  • jdal1206jdal1206 member
    edited January 2016

Yesterday my baby farted so loud that she scared herself. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry with her lol

This! LO does this occasionally and I admit it makes me laugh...then I feel bad for laughing cause LO is crying but I can't help it it is absolutely hysterical!
  • LO hasn't farted loud enough to scare him but he farts for like 20 seconds straight while he's nursing. He gets a really surprised look on his face as I'm sitting there laughing while he's attached to my boob. :D
  • My guy even lifts his leg up to fart when he's nursing.
    And of course, the one time we were in the quiet waiting room at the Gyno was when he let rip the longest and loudest fart he'd ever done. I played it cool and tried to cover the sounds by talking to him. That gas was neverending
  • helsbels222helsbels222 member
    edited January 2016

Yesterday my baby farted so loud that she scared herself. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry with her lol

Omg ded!

DS would wake himself up with his farts. DD is a classy baby and doesn't really fart but damn do her poops stink!!

Edited: Hey, part of my comment did not post!