Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Pregnant After Ectopic Rupture and tube removal

Hello All,
Super, super excited to be here, but my nervousness is not allowing me to enjoy things.  The first week of July I had an ectopic pregnancy, which progressed to rupturing,hemorrhaging, emergency surgery, and loss of my left tube.  It was a horrible experience, and I was left feeling lost but thankful that I was still here to care for my son who will be 3 in January.

So fast forward, Friday my breasts were killing me and my nipples were super tingly.  I had planned on enjoying a bottle of wine that night, but decided to test first and it was a BFP (5 days before my missed)!!! I came off birth control in October, and my husband and I weren't trying but certainly weren't doing anything to prevent either.  At my post-op check up, my doctor emphasized the importance of getting blood work immediately and an ultrasound as soon as possible the next time I got a +.  Well I called my Doctors office today, and he is on vacation and the other doctor wont be in until tomorrow, and the nurse refused to send in an order for lab work despite the fact that she acknowledged the doctor wrote it in my medical chart. Maybe she isn't allowed to, who knows.

Needless to say, every little twinge and ache, I start freaking out and overthinking.  I guess I am just really scared.

Thanks for listening ladies, and I hope I am hear to stay.

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

Re: Pregnant After Ectopic Rupture and tube removal

• Options
    Wow, congrats! I always love hearing positive stories about pregnancy after ectopic/rupture - the human body is amazing. Wishing you a very healthy 9 months!
  • Options
    Congrats on your BFP! You are in good company here, I think we are all anxious and hopefully can support each other through the journey.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations ! Although I personally cannot relate, a close friend of mine has similar experiences. I don't remember how many miscarriages she had (at least 3 or 4 from what I remember) and last year she ruptured one of her tubes from an ectopic pregnancy and went in for emergency surgery for it to be removed along with half of her reproductive system. Her next pregnancy, although the very stressful, went very well. And she now has a perfectly healthy little boy.
    Hope this gives you some positive thoughts and ill be praying for you and your little one.
  • Options
    Congratulations on your BFP!!!  Very Exciting!!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    Yikes, I'm so sorry you went through that!  Congratulations on your bfp and I hope all goes well this time.  It's a shame the nurse didn't order the blood test, but I imagine one day won't hurt?  Good luck!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    Congratulations, how exciting :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    congrats!! What a wonderful present. :-)
  • Options
    Congrats and FX for a happy & healthy 9 months for you!!!
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Congratulations on your BFP especially after such a traumatic loss! Best wishes!