January 2016 Moms
Options

Old wives tale= heartburn

ashhsaashhsa member
edited January 2016 in January 2016 Moms
I've had, in the last few days particularly- terrible heartburn. So I was wondering for the mamas that have had their bubs, if they were born with a head full of hair did you have heartburn? And if they were baldies when born did you miss out on the heart burn?

As id be shocked if my little one has hair as no bubs in my family have before- so I feel like I'm about to bust this myth wide open. :)

Re: Old wives tale= heartburn

• Options
    My son was bald and I had heartburn at the end of my pregnancy, but I think that was due more to him being so big and pushing on my stomach at the end. I had heart burn my whole pregnancy with my daughter and she had thick, dark hair at birth. The wives tale was true for me!
  • Options
    I read recently that according to a study done, I believe at John Hopkins, that there is an actual correlation between heart burn and hair. Something about the hormones that cause the esophagus to relax are the same that help to produce hair on the baby. I've had pretty bad heart burn in both the first and third trimesters and the ultra sound tech told me that the baby has a ton of hair.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We were told DD had a TON of hair in ultrasound, and I ended up with terrible heartburn. Come to find out she was basically bald on her head for her first year, but the rest of her has always been covered in fuzz! She's still my little fuzzy peach now even at almost 2 years old. Even got her momma's unibrow, poor thing. :)
  • Options
    Not sure yet, but I've had terrible heartburn from about 30 weeks on. At my last u/s, the tech said he has a head of hair on him...hopefully will find out soon!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Options
    My heartburn (up all night/sleeping sitting up bad) always starts around week 18 and all of my babies have been bald as cucumbers.

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

• Options
    I never had heartburn with my first and she came out with a full head of hair.
  • Options
    I had terrible heartburn with both my boys and they each had a head full of hair, so long I had to cut it when I got home.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Options
    I have a ton of heartburn. At every ultrasound, the tech always makes a comment about how thick and how much hair baby has.
  • Options
    With DS I just had bad acid reflux in my throat. Tums always took it away and my son was born with a full head of hair. This time I've had bad acid reflux again with on and off heartburn since 30 weeks. I'm hoping this one is born with a full head of hair cause the acid reflux has been bad!
  • Options
    With DD1, no issues with heartburn and she had a full head of hair, along with some extra "werewolf fuzz" that kinda fell off over the first 6 months. No heartburn this time around either, so we'll see if I get another lovely-locked lady :-)
  • Options
    @carlyhammond what a lot of locks!!! Amazing!!! He is beautiful.
  • Options
    I had TERRIBLE heartburn with my first and he hardly had in hair. Very thin for the first year. The heartburn is even worse this time, which I didn't think was possible. I'll be curious to see if this babe has more hair, but I doubt it since the first didn't.
  • Options
    I joked when I was pregnant with my son that I was actually going to give birth to a baby gorilla. He had some hair, but not a lot.
    This baby may resemble Chewbacca... I never thought heartburn/acid reflux could be this bad!
  • Options
    I've had heartburn, and the ultrasound tech said she saw hair BUT I also had occasional heartburn pre-pregnancy (nothing as painful or often as I've had during 3rd trimester, however). I was a bald baby, my husband had a full head of hair. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    With both my sons I had terrible heartburn, it was actually how I guessed I was pregnant with my first. Both my boys were born with full heads of hair.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    holoceneholocene member
    edited January 2016
    I had zero heartburn and my baby has a full head of hair.
  • Options
    @holocene Nawww!!! What a sweety! As a hairstylist I long to have a bub with hair- but I don't think it's going to happen!
  • Options
    I've had heartburn just about this entire pregnancy and it has been so bad nothing is really helping. At my last 2 growth ultrasounds the techs both said he has a head full of hair. At my elective 3D/4d ultrasound at week 29 she told me he had a head full of hair so we will see on Friday:). I know I was born with an eraser top lol but DH was as bald as bald can be.