June 2016 Moms

Not sure

I really want to get my nails done I am currently18 wks tomorrow and a ftm I need advice please thank you

Re: Not sure

• What kind of advice are you looking for? Are you asking if it's safe to get your nails done? If so, then yes it's fine.
  • I'm a fan of the color red, so that's my advice. Avoid getting acrylics. I've heard they're not good. If you're really paranoid, they do sell nail polish without the chemicals.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • If you're worried about the chemicals, bring your own polish that says 3-free or 5-free. Those don't have all the worrisome stuff in there. You do need to make sure wherever you go is ventilated. My place opens the door when I come in, and I've been going the whole time. You'll be fine.
  • I go every two weeks with my doctors permission :smile:
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Yep I go every few weeks. I try to go right when they open in the mornings so the smells aren't as strong. 

• I'm sporting grey nails right now. Just don't drink the nail polish and you should be fine!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FTM here too. I was scared at the beginning, but got over this hump. I do both gel & regular manicures. All is good :)
  • Avoid the gels, the UV light they use is harmful
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I am getting mine done ... Just be aware of the fumes. The place I went to today was not good, going when they are less busy or early is probably a good idea.
  • Doctor said it was perfectly fine as long as the place is well ventilated and you aren't inhaling nail polish. Been going every 2 weeks since I took a positive test!
  • I'm just jealous of all you ladies who get a manicure every couple of weeks. I haven't had one in probably over a year. Every once in a while I get a wild hair and will paint my nails when DS goes to bed, but other than that I just file my own :/
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• NLewis1 said:

I'm just jealous of all you ladies who get a manicure every couple of weeks. I haven't had one in probably over a year. Every once in a while I get a wild hair and will paint my nails when DS goes to bed, but other than that I just file my own :/

It's the one luxury I am not willing to give up! I work too hard and enjoy it too much.... I told my husband I would eat ramen every night before I would give up my mani/pedis! :smile:

Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • LOL girl it's going to be a long 22 weeks more for you if you're worried about something like this. Breathe and relax. The baby is going to be fine
  • Jamberries!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker