April 2016 Moms

Lower back pains and cramping

Hey ladies, I'm almost 25 weeks along, and have been having the worst lower back pains for the last 4 hours. It hurts to move, and no position is comfortable for more than a couple minutes. I wouldn't be too concerned, however this is accompanied by what feels like mild period cramps.

I did just finish driving long distance (7 hrs with only minimal beeaks). Could this be related to sitting one way in the car for so long, or something more serious? I've still felt baby moving around.

Re: Lower back pains and cramping

• Are the cramps constant or do they come and go? If they come and go, try moving around, going to the bathroom and drinking a glass of water to see if that helps. If not, I would call your OBs after hours number or a First Nurse/ L&D nurse line. It could just be tired achy muscles from sitting too long but I'd air on the side of caution. If you have any bleeding or if the cramping gets worse I would go to the hospital and request to see whichever OB is available in L&D if they'll let you skip the ER.
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you for the advice
  • Loading the player...
  • Ah, I just typed this long response, and it only posted the first couple words!
  • I just had the same symptoms plus sweating and nausea. I was able to go into my doctors office and take a NST. No contractions, but I do have a UTI and kidney stone. :/

I agree with PP contact OB or go to L&D. My doctor was glad I didn't wait it out.

I hope it's nothing serious! T&Ps
  • The lower back makes me think kidney infection or severe dehydration impacting your kidneys. Were you hydrating during that long drive?
  • How are you feeling @asvannoy ? I know I'm reading this late but I know I get very uncomfortable at the end of the day now and it's just my body telling me I need a rest. Even if I sit a lot. It's like I need to lie down. Hopefully that's all it was and you're doing ok today.
  • I had similar pains over the weekend. I basically flushed myself with water. I've had kidney stones in the past and the back pain was over one of my kidneys. I believe it was related as I haven't had any problems since. 
  • Oh I'm so glad to hear that! Take good care!
  • So glad to hear it was something very manageable, despite being scary! I hope you're feeling much better again ASAP
    Anniversary 
  • I have the same pains but mine lasted atleast 2 days now it just comes and goes. I dont if i should just go to the doctors or just rest and drink lots of water.