March 2016 Moms
Options

Frustrated with BRU, any ideas?

So before the holidays I ordered nursery furniture and opened a charge card to get the 15% off.  After ordering the furniture I realized I should have ordered the City Select double stroller so I went back to my local store that night to order it (you get the 15% off all day).  I was there for well over an hour and their computer systems were down, so the lady called corporate to place the order and their systems were down as well, so she left the order open and made notes about my 15% and the sale price, etc to whomever completed my order at a later date and gave the the reference #.  Fast forward to this morning and I called in to customer service and they have no problem pulling my order, honoring the 15% off, but they are telling me they can no longer honor the free 2nd seat kid promo that was going on at the time (essentially I was buying the single stroller, and due to the promo I was getting a free 2nd seat kit).  The lady was very nice and said she'd escalate the matter and that someone would email me within 24-48hrs, but honestly I'm not feeling too confident.  I mean I guess there's nothing I can do if they say sorry but no we can't honor it, even though it's in the notes for the order what the deal was supposed to be.  Maybe I can ask them to give me the 15% off another double stroller (I really don't want to pay $650 for the City Select double, I literally have so.many.strollers uncluding an uppababy vista which is just getting a little worn)?  
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Frustrated with BRU, any ideas?

• Options
    She's probably tier 1 customer support and can do very little. I worked a call centre enviro like years ago that and you always had to escalate.

Keep on them, and remind them this is the company's fault and not yours. Had they been efficient and working then this wouldn't have happened. I've seen people with shadier stores ("I want the discount because I got my flyers late and missed the sale") have things go through.

It IS disappointing though. Hope it works out!
  • Options
    katy0990katy0990 member
    edited December 2015
    I have found that the associates at the store are very helpful and will do what they can to provide excellant customer service. In my experiencs, the 1-800 number is terrible. I would try to go into the store and see what they can do.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Contact the store manager and if can't get help from him or her get the info to contact the district manager. You may have to be a little not so nice about things but you will get what you want.
  • Options
    If I can't get a situation resolved in store or by calling the 800 number I email corporate. Just provide as much detail as possible and they should not only help you fix the issue but they will usually give you an additional discount for a future purchase.
  • Options
    In the past I ordered a stroller using sale, credit card opening discount, and trade in coupon. Ordering online from in the store could only handle 1 appeasement code, not giving me the total amount off. They wrote a note and when I received my item in the mail I took the in box order to the store and they have me cash as promised to get it to the original price it should have been )actually lower because how they calculate the sale). No problems. I just did it combining my credit card,registry competition, and 20% off swings and they owe me
    Money- working in store works great for me.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the great advice! I'll keep on them!