July 2015 Moms
Options

BFing moms: How many ounces/how often?

steph311psusteph311psu member
edited December 2015 in July 2015 Moms
I usually nurse my LO, but for moms who pump/BF by bottle I was wondering how many ounces and how often do you feed your LO? My son will be 6 months on Jan 4th.

Re: BFing moms: How many ounces/how often?

• Options
    LO is 5 months and 1 week old. She eats pumped milk from bottles while I'm at work.she was eating 3 oz every 2-3 hours but about 2 weeks ago we upped it to 4 oz every 2-3 hours. She's much happier with the extra ounce in the bottle!
  • Options
    Mine will be 6 months on the 3rd. He's still eating every 2 - 2.5 hours while I'm at work, between 4-5 oz bottles.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is five months and one week. He eats about every 3 hours while I'm ate work. He typically takes 5 oz, but sometimes wants a snack in between main feedings.
  • Options
    5 months and one week and he eats 4.5ozs every 2.5-3 hours!
  • Options
    When I'm at work, LO drinks 3-4 oz every 2-3 hours. Sometimes he drinks more when it's fresh instead of frozen.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Options
    5 months on the 23rd, he eats between 4 and 5 oz every 2-3 hours, still wakes 1-2x a night too. Gets about 1/2 jar pureed veggies at dinner.
  • Options
    LO drinks 5-6 oz pumped bottles every 3-4 hrs. Usually 5 bottles a day, 6 every once in awhile. And she'll sleep straight through the night without needing a feeding, between 8-12 hrs depending on the day and whether she had a good nap.