June 2016 Moms
Options

Pregnancy pillows besides the Snoogle

Since this has come up in a couple posts already, I figured I might as well ask around for advice.

I got the Snoogle during my first pregnancy and didn't like it.

The pillow part was not comfortable for my head, so I tried using it upside down so I could use my own pillow, but that didn't feel quite right.

I like to roll from side so side during the night and it was too bulky to move easily with me and I would wake up too much while rearranging it.

It took up a lot of space (but now we have a bigger bed, so maybe that's ok now) and felt too hot, especially in the warmer months (I was due in September last time)

Did anyone else have this experience and/or use a different pillow that might address these issues for me? Maybe I just need a couple small pillows or wedges under the belly and between the knees?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Pregnancy pillows besides the Snoogle

• Options
    I bought the boppy full body pillow from Target.  It has 3 pieces that velcro together so you can remove the parts you don't want or need.  I use all 3 parts though.  I roll from side to side in the night too, so I also use my plush side sleeper pillow as a back support if I'm facing toward the boppy or as a belly support if I'm facing away from it.  It's worked really well for me for the past several weeks. I actually really like the pillow for my head.  Its a good thickness and offers enough support without being over or under stuffed in my opinion. I put a jersey pillow case on the head portion for extra softness and easy cleaning. 

• Options
    DH got me one for Christmas. I didn't realize Snoogle was a brand name, I thought that's just what they were called haha dumb. Anyway, he got this one. It's super comfortable and allows me to sleep but it's like a prison trying to get out of and back into in the middle of the night when I have to pee and makes re positioning a pain. None the less it's way more comfortable than not having it and I'm sure I'll appreciate it more as my belly grows.

It's also really, really huge and takes up like half of my bed.  

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Leachco-All-Nighter-Total-Body-Pregnancy-Pillow-Ivory/13360480
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband got me the Schmoozi off Amazon. It does not have the head pillow and you can flip from side to side. I wound up returning it for the Snoogle as a personal preference, but the Schmoozi has great reviews online.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00VMWJO3O/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?qid=1451438414&sr=8-13&pi=AC_SX118_SY170_QL70&keywords=pregnancy+pillow
  • Options
    I have the boppy pillow and like it. I used the tummy section to sit on for a long car ride this past weekend.
    37 y/o
    Married 9/1/13
    Off OCP 3/1/14
    TTC 6/1/14
    DX Endometriosis in 2002
    Laparoscopy 2002 and 2007
    HSG 8/2014, right tube partially blocked
    1st BFP 1/5/15 EDD 9/12/15- miscarried 1/8/15
    BFP 10/5/15 EDD 6/17/16- delivered healthy girl 6/18/16
    BFP 8/4/16 EDD 3/2/18- trisomy 18 girl- no heartbeat 8/25/17 at 13 weeks d&c 8/28/17
    BFP 12/4/17 EDD 8/19/18

• Options
    cmac827 said:

I have the boppy pillow and like it. I used the tummy section to sit on for a long car ride this past weekend.

I like that idea :) I had sciatica/hip/tailbone issues throughout my last pregnancy and they seem to be starting up again for this one. I got the special pillow for that, but having another that can be used to sit on is always good.
  • Options
    vulpini said:

cmac827 said:

I like that idea :) I had sciatica/hip/tailbone issues throughout my last pregnancy and they seem to be starting up again for this one. I got the special pillow for that, but having another that can be used to sit on is always good.
    That's exactly why I used it in the car
    37 y/o
    Married 9/1/13
    Off OCP 3/1/14
    TTC 6/1/14
    DX Endometriosis in 2002
    Laparoscopy 2002 and 2007
    HSG 8/2014, right tube partially blocked
    1st BFP 1/5/15 EDD 9/12/15- miscarried 1/8/15
    BFP 10/5/15 EDD 6/17/16- delivered healthy girl 6/18/16
    BFP 8/4/16 EDD 3/2/18- trisomy 18 girl- no heartbeat 8/25/17 at 13 weeks d&c 8/28/17
    BFP 12/4/17 EDD 8/19/18

• Options
    Leacho back and belly

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options
    vulpini said:

cmac827 said:

Wait, there's a pillow for sciatica? I've had it bad for over a month now and I don't know what I'm going to do when I get bigger. Where do I find this sciatica pillow?
  • Options
    My husband just bought me a memory foam body pillow off amazon. It's a little on the over fluffy size but it packs down and is perfect size for belly and in between legs. I likey regular head pillow so I had no need for the special pregnancy pillows. I love the memory foam pillow though. Last pregnancy I just used a regular body pillow and it worked great too but they tend to de fluff fast.
  • Options
    OMG...yes! My DH bought me a Snoogle when I was only about 8 weeks prego. I have serious issues sleeping and it has of course gotten worse. I hate the damn thing. I can turn over during the night, the head part isn't comfortable and it just feels flat no matter what I do. Thank goodness for some new suggestions to try in this thread!!
  • Options
    Linsbins said:

vulpini said:

cmac827 said:

Wait, there's a pillow for sciatica? I've had it bad for over a month now and I don't know what I'm going to do when I get bigger. Where do I find this sciatica pillow?
    They have ones that are for tailbone and other hip/lower back issues. They help with sciatica too, though I think belts do more for it than pillows. If you search on Amazon for sciatica pillow or cushion, they come up. They have a cut out in the back to take pressure of the tail bone and they are sloped forward a bit too. I used them in my car and at work through a good chunk of my first pregnancy and it helped.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions ladies! I decided to try the cheaper Boppy Cuddle pillow that only has the belly and knee part. It's coming from Amazon tomorrow. I might need a small pillow behind my back too, but I'll see how the Boppy feels first and if I don't like it, I'll return it and get the multi-part Boppy and just not use the head part or use that at my back.