September 2016 Moms
Options

Maternity Clothes

HI ladies, this may seem like I'm jumping the gun a bit but I'm looking for recommendations for good places online to order maternity clothes. I live in a small town and we have almost no options since Target shut down.  Last pregnancy almost all of my maternity clothes came from Walmart but I'd really like to get myself a few nicer pieces this time around.  I've heard of people ordering from Zulily but that their delivery time can be really slow so since I'll probably be needing this in a couple of month, I'd like to start looking soon.  Any great suggestions?

I'm in Canada and can easily ship to the boarder but since the dollar isn't doing well right now, Canadian sites would be prefered.

Re: Maternity Clothes

• Options
    I found some cute stuff on amazon. You could also try target.com. I'm not sure about the shipping at the other big stores like motherhood, etc.
  • Options
    I loved shopping at kohls and you can do that online and use lots of coupons. I also like old navy for sundresses and tank tops!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Asos.com

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I bought everything last pregnancy from motherhood and maternity, and had it shipped to my house. It wasn't terrible for cost but I bought $300 worth of clothes, plus bump control bands and preggie pops and it all shipped inexpensively to me. The clothes can be a bit pricey but they have good sales every now and again. Everything fits so nicely though that I didn't mind spending the extra money.
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I am thinking about using LeTote and renting some clothes that you can send back. I do not want to really invest in much. But I also know that will be awhile away but will keep y'all updated on how it goes
    BFP #1  6/26/15, D&C 8/14/15
    BFP #2  12/22/15, EDD 9/1/16  :)
  • Options
    Macy's has a cool maternity dept. And you can always find sales there. I, too, couldn't stand Motherhood Maternity.... Way overpriced and I could never find much worth buying except for a few pairs of stretch pants.
  • Options
    I really liked Old Navy, though the pants had a weird fit to me so I returned them and bought a few from Motherhood Maternity during a sale. They're pricey, but I love those pants. As far as I know, their maternity stuff is online only, but I've always gotten everything I've ordered in a reasonable amount of time and they're usually always having some kind of sale or percentage off with the use of a code that they advertise. Also, their return policy is awesome.
    Kohl's seems to have some good stuff, but again they're kind of pricey so I would look for sales and use Kohl's cash if you have it.
    I did like Target shirts and dresses, but not so much the pants. 

If you're willing to make the drive to a Kohl's, Target, or Maternity Motherhood to try stuff on, I highly recommend it...especially considering that I haven't had good experiences ordering online from Kohl's and Target. 

Also, don't worry about jumping the gun. I'm about six weeks and so bloated that none of my pants fit.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Old navy and the gap. If you work outside of the home then I would definitely fork out dollars for motherhood maternity because they have some nice business casual stuff.

Word of caution though, if you plan to keep your pregnancy secret until the second trimester I would stear clear of maternity clothes awhile because they often are cut to show off the bump, not hide it.

And another tip - mom of 2 here. Buy some bigger regular jeans - then when you're post partum and nothing fits you can wear them. And you're not out at kohls on a Saturday with a 2 month old , unflattering mirrors, and hormones to kill, trying to find pants that fit a body shape you never knew possible.

Edit to add if you plan to breastfeed motherhood maternity's nursing tops are worth every.penny.
  • Options
    I second the Old Navy - for my first pregnancy they had great shirts and casual clothes. I also ordered from Pinkblushmaternity.com and was happy with the quality and waited for items to be on sale.

For work (I'm in a business professional setting), I found a few pairs of pants at Motherhood Maternity and used my pre-prego jackets and blazers. I just couldn't justify a $100-150 suit and I never button my jackets anyways.

Has anyone tried bump style box or stitch fix for maternity? I'm thinking it'd be a fun way to "shop" for some special occasion items.
  • Options
    I loved Old Navy and Target maternity clothes. I ordered both online throughout my pregnancy. Old Navy near me doesn't sell maternity in store. I also *love* that they have long inseam pants in maternity!!!
  • Options
    Does anyone know of a good place to get a pretty, relatively dressy (formal gowns are a bit much) but inexpensive maternity dress?  

I've got a wedding to go to in May and I'm already dreading trying to find something to wear since I know that whatever I buy probably won't get worn more than once or twice (I figure I could also wear it to a baby shower or possibly for photos if it's nice enough).

So far, it looks like ASOS might be a good choice, although I'm very small (00/0, XXS/XS pre-pregnancy), so I think I may have trouble finding something that comes in a size that will fit me unless pregnancy makes me pack on the weight in places other than my belly and chest.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(