June 2015 Moms

Weight Watchers

2»

Re: Weight Watchers

• Hey, as a total newbie, could someone give me a "short" version of what weight watchers is? Is it just a program? Or food too? Sorry for the dumb question! The website was oddly vague.
  • hoodoll82 said:

Hey, as a total newbie, could someone give me a "short" version of what weight watchers is? Is it just a program? Or food too? Sorry for the dumb question! The website was oddly vague.

It's a program that tracks food and gives you a daily and weekly points allowance. It works really well and is not restrictive... You can pretty much eat whatever you want... My biggest problem is that when I blow my daily allowance I just keep going and I really need to get away from the "all or nothing" eating.
  • Loading the player...
  • ^^ that's what I was worried about. I kinda need something that provides me food as well, if possible. We are still having a lot of trouble getting it together to have healthy meals!
  • My big problem is, and always will be, portion sizes. I can eat healthy enough food, but just too much of it.

So I bought myself a food scale. Setting myself up for success! I'll be starting my 2 months in a day or two.
  • @423ang I should do that too...I know that its a big part of weight watchers but something about weighing my food always seemed too much for me! I struggle when the serving size for points is in grams (wtf!?) and I have to guesstimate. 

Yesterday I had chinese food and ate crab rangoon. I had enough daily points for the rest of it but that crab rangoon- 33 points for 4! Yes, I know this makes sense-its basically deep fried cream cheese. But...damn. I didn't think it would be THAT bad.

Also just in case anyone else buys the weight watchers products in stores, watch what kind of points it says on the front! I bought the cereal- 3 pointsPLUS points, we are on smart points now. instead of being 3 points it was 4. I was annoyed.
  • So I completely slacked as I predicted so I will be starting fresh on Monday.... I let myself get sucked into holiday eating and drinking and enjoyed every minute of it....
  • I cleaned our animal runs outside yesterday, which was about an hour and a half of non stop shoveling mud and other lovely things out of a fenced in area. Obviously on WW there isnt a "farm chores" tracking on the activity section, but all my rock climbing muscles were sore, so I tracked 60 minutes of rock climbing. Today I carried building materials to the back yard for about an hour straight, dragging 2x4s and pallets, and again, there isn't a "construction" activity to track, but all that dragging seemed cross fit- ish to me, based on pictures of people dragging tires and what have you, so I am thinking of tracking that. Legit? Or not?
  • How's everyone doing ?! I think I should start tomorrow... I've Put it off long enough. I have such a sweet tooth it's so hard
  • I am starting again tomorrow...
  • How's everyone doing ?! I think I should start tomorrow... I've Put it off long enough. I have such a sweet tooth it's so hard

I was surprised at how many points I get per day.

Not enough for a free for all at a New Year's Eve party, but enough for some sweets throughout the day.

I'll be fine on days I'm home. It's the going out to eat that will be a problem for me.
  • How's everyone doing getting back on track today?

Protein shake breakfast is down. Ready for my lunch one haha. Trying to get my gallon of water in today! Hope you guys are feeling positive! WE CAN DO THIS!
  • Slim fast for breakfast... Awesome!

Bagel and cream cheese for lunch ....
  • @Mommaswizz I am in all these friends' Fitbit challenges and they get like over 10000 steps by noon!
  • ElRuby said:
    @Mommaswizz I am in all these friends' Fitbit challenges and they get like over 10000 steps by noon!

wah!! are those friends professional runners?! lol Even when I was commuting I barely squeeze 8K. Now that I'm working from home i'm struggling to get over 6K. I need a treadmill or elliptical like whoa.
  • ElRubyElRuby member
    edited January 2016
    I really hate that my spin classes don't count! I am running all over my house and my poor dog is going crazy.... He actually bit my ankles he was so concerned lol.
  • seriously i only have 2,400 right now. working from home is posing a serious threat to my steps!!
  • I started today! Does anyone know what the weekly points are ??
  • @423ang how many extra points do you get for pumping for 2?

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @423ang how many extra points do you get for pumping for 2?

It doesn't factor feeding multiples in. It only asks if you're breastfeeding.

I just know that my friend was on weight watchers forever, and she always had 20-some points. My points right now are 52.

@caitlincunn the weekly points are extra points you can use however you want. A few extra a day, or save up for splurges.
  • @423ang thanks! That's what I thought but wasn't sure. I have 52 points also. Can't imagine having 20 something!
  • @423ang thanks! That's what I thought but wasn't sure. I have 52 points also. Can't imagine having 20 something!
  • Who is still on WW right now? I know some people have stopped. I'm officially joining tomorrow. I just couldn't do it on my own.
  • I am! @Sjeff0816 it's Definitely helping me keep track. If I didn't track what I ate then it would screw it all up. I am eating more fruit, which I didn't eat much of before. I also went to a yoga class Sunday and I am going to another one tonight so so far it is a big help to me!
  • I'm still doing it. 2 weeks in. I'm eating way more fruits and veggies, like @caitlincunn

Overall it's working.
  • I can't motivate myself to log food but I do log my weight each week which has been decreasing in very small increments.
  • I'm still doing it, though I keep getting sick so my workouts are suffering, and I am kind of stuck at this same weight without them. I need to just be healthy dammit!