August 2016 Moms

T W I N S

Y'all I'm freaking out. We just had our 8 wk ultrasound this morning and it's twins! We already have a 15mo and I was adamant about only having 1 more. Now I'm going to have 3 UNDER 2. Anyone here in the same boat or has already had twins and can tell me everything will be ok??? Lol I'm so grateful for any baby that I'm blessed with but wow, my head is spinning. I've always looked at moms of twins and thought to myself wow you go girl, I just couldn't imagine.

Re: T W I N S

• My friend had boy/girl twins for her first. They are now 22 months and she is due with #3 in February. She has a blog that you might find helpful: https://smallshannonigans.blogspot.com/

Otherwise, there is a parents of multiples board here on The Bump: https://forums.thebump.com/categories/multiples

Congratulations and good luck! You got this! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats! Double the fun :)
  • Loading the player...
  • You'll do great with twins! Congratulations mama!
  • Congrats!!! You will do awesome! :smiley: 
  • @tisunge602 thanks so much I'll definitely check out her blog!
  • How are you feeling?  Any differences in your symptoms so far with this pregnancy than your first?
    BFP 5/22/12, MC 6/6/12 (cp) BFP 10/16/13, EDD June 28, 2014 - baby J arrived 6/19/14! ** #2-- BFP 12/5/15, EDD August 17, 2016 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker ***************************** Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You can do it mama! Congrats =)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm actually feeling ok overall. Just have terrible insomnia that I didn't have with my first (hence this post at 4:15am). It's very strange, I have less exhaustion and nausea this time than last. All the more reason I'm SO shocked it's twins. My first was a girl and I know the old wives tales say girls give you more symptoms/take away your beauty/etc so it just makes me wonder if these are twin boys and that's why it's not so bad!?
  • Congrats!! You will be great!
    Me: 27 DH: 29
    Baby #1 - DD 8/29/16
    Baby #2 - EDD 4/6/18

• Congratulations!  I think its easier to go into having twins now that you are already a parent.  You know what works, what doesn't and how to plan! 

• We are in it together!!! I just found out today we are having twins! It's our first pregnancy, so I have major sticker shock. Two?? Shooooo dang. 7w2days both measured. Heartbeats good. Symptoms are just total exhaustion. For three days I had terrible nausea and vomiting but that has seemed to pass.
    LMP 11/4/2015
    EDD 8/10/2016
    PCOS, TTC for 2 years, 11/2015: 1st cycle Femara & Trigger shot: BFP 12/3/2015 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ThisisNumber3 thanks girl that's a great way to look at it!
  • @mbherbst good to hear you don't have a lot of symptoms either. I've just been tired and some mild crampyness here and there. Pee a lot.. That kinda stuff. I feel like I should be feeling like total crap with growing 2 babies, it's so strange (knock on wood)
  • Not having twins but always thought it would be incredible! Two at once?! You go girl!
  • Busy house :) congratulations! Excited for you!
  • Congratulations, you will do just fine, I am worried that they tell me I will be having twins because it runs in our family it skipped a generation and I'm on the next one to expect them so once I go to doctor for my ultrasound will see what they tell me
  • Congratulations
  • Wow! Congrats!! I would imagine that it is super overwhelming and now your pregnancy is gonna be different than the last one and is more of a high risk. But I hope you have a healthy and smooth twin Pregnancy!! If I were having twins inwould probably panic as well. Not that it's not awesome, but it's double the cost and effort. Hope your hubbie is super Dad cause you are gonna be super Mom!
  • Awesome!! This waiting period is killing me. I hope they show twins with our U/S
  • Congrats! I also just found our we're having twins too! Bad symptoms earlier on but feeling good now. Just insomnia going on which is exhausting. I'm 5 weeks!
  • LoveOBX917 Don't get me wrong, the 2 days before Christmas and the day after I was nonstop puking. But it passed luckily. No morning sickness lately **knock on wood** I have noticed the past few days a lot of round ligament pain when i stand up from sitting or at work standing too long. 

I have a confession...I now love it when my DH and I disagree on simple stuff like a restaurant or something meaningless, I have started using the line, "Well it's three against one here..." muhahahaha! its always a joke. sort of
    LMP 11/4/2015
    EDD 8/10/2016
    PCOS, TTC for 2 years, 11/2015: 1st cycle Femara & Trigger shot: BFP 12/3/2015 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @jacmkelley is my computer messed up or is your profile picture a pic of my son??? I'm asking because I think my computer must be messed up!
  • Congratulations, you will do just fine, I am worried that they tell me I will be having twins because it runs in our family it skipped a generation and I'm on the next one to expect them so once I go to doctor for my ultrasound will see what they tell me

Same thing here! My little sister actually has twins and she's hoping I'm having twins this time. I kinda feel like I'm carrying them, but hoping I'm just being weird. Lol My dad is a fraternal twin and his mother had 2 sets of twins and a set of triplets, so it for sure is in my family!
  • @juleswalsh I'm hoping it's a computer problem because someone on here had my profile picture for about 30 minutes one day. It freaked me out because it's a personal picture I took and has a lot of meaning to me. Since it happened to both of us, maybe it's a problem with The Bump app? I hope someone didn't steal a picture of your son!